• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My New Mock - Bored

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to share because this was the best graded draft I ended up with. I wasn't planning on trading back - I was going for Sewell on this run-through, but ATL drafted him. With Pitts and Chase both there, I opted for the 1st trade and landed an extra 2nd this year and a 1st next year. My hope was that 1 would be left. Then, they both went with the next 2 picks - so I dropped back again - also landing an extra 2nd with a 1st next year. Then decided on Darrisaw as I only had 1 other trade offer at that point - Jax at 25 - and I didn't want to drop down that far.

1618844420704.png

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
geoff would write that we can't sign all of those players due to being so close to the salary cap.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to share because this was the best graded draft I ended up with. I wasn't planning on trading back - I was going for Sewell on this run-through, but ATL drafted him. With Pitts and Chase both there, I opted for the 1st trade and landed an extra 2nd this year and a 1st next year. My hope was that 1 would be left. Then, they both went with the next 2 picks - so I dropped back again - also landing an extra 2nd with a 1st next year. Then decided on Darrisaw as I only had 1 other trade offer at that point - Jax at 25 - and I didn't want to drop down that far.

View attachment 269075
Another great pun headline for Geoff. After Bengals have that draft....

"Bengals "Saw Wood" for Offensive Line Remodel"

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen a lot of Dyami Brown mentioned later in the draft (round 3ish) - just my preliminary search on him - he reminds me of Ross a bit...kind of scares me off.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen a lot of Dyami Brown mentioned later in the draft (round 3ish) - just my preliminary search on him - he reminds me of Ross a bit...kind of scares me off.
Chris Sims ranked Brown as possibly the 2nd best WR in this draft behind Chase.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno - from what I saw (and correct me if I am wrong, because I didn't dig into him that much) he's another Ross. A guy with exceptional speed and used that to get deep a lot...but I don't remember reading that he had the ability to do more. Speed is nice, but getting in and out of breaks for routes and actually catching the ball is better. It's not often you're going to get to run 40-50 yards in a straight line - and even then, NFL CB's aren't slow and are usually giving 5-10 yards on a cushion.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But - I mean - if you get him like I got him with the 3rd pick that I had in the 2nd round - I'm not going to complain.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno - from what I saw (and correct me if I am wrong, because I didn't dig into him that much) he's another Ross. A guy with exceptional speed and used that to get deep a lot...but I don't remember reading that he had the ability to do more. Speed is nice, but getting in and out of breaks for routes and actually catching the ball is better. It's not often you're going to get to run 40-50 yards in a straight line - and even then, NFL CB's aren't slow and are usually giving 5-10 yards on a cushion.
I am not going to correct you, because I know nothing about him.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
size, durability, span, and good hands

all things that matter in the NFL

and... that's what she said
Yeah, the only real knock on him seems to be a lack of true secondary level speed, but in general - seems to be a decent WR. There was a section I saw that he needs to contend better for balls...and that did catch my eye...Burrow often puts a ball right in a spot where the WR has to make a play - that's not a bad thing, but that WR has to make the play. We saw it last year quite a bit with Boyd and Higgins...both who are adept at making those tough plays. I'd trade that speed for a guy who can get open underneath and make tough catches. Those are the plays that keep drives alive on 3rd down, and plays on 2nd and long to make 3 and short a reality.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I read about Darrisaw - I really am starting to like him. I think the Bengals should absolutely look to trade down at this point and land him. That would be an easy pick-up of a 2nd round this year, plus a potential 1st rounder/2nd rounder next year. Could even land an additional 3rd as well for this year.

There will be depth at the OL position in round 2, plus offensive skill guys still around. Guys like Moore, Brown are potentials to be around in the 2nd round as well. Not to mention rounds 2-5 are deep with Edge and DT's which the Bengals need as well.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I read about Darrisaw - I really am starting to like him. I think the Bengals should absolutely look to trade down at this point and land him. That would be an easy pick-up of a 2nd round this year, plus a potential 1st rounder/2nd rounder next year. Could even land an additional 3rd as well for this year.

There will be depth at the OL position in round 2, plus offensive skill guys still around. Guys like Moore, Brown are potentials to be around in the 2nd round as well. Not to mention rounds 2-5 are deep with Edge and DT's which the Bengals need as well.
I hear you. Just hard to give up a a Chase for me because I am such a huge fan already. Ever since 2019 I have liked him as much as Burrow. So giving up on Chase at this point is like me giving up on Burrow. I can't say that is not the smart thing to do, but damn, I can't bring myself to give up on the dream of him and Burrow together for 10 to 12 years at least.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you. Just hard to give up a a Chase for me because I am such a huge fan already. Ever since 2019 I have liked him as much as Burrow. So giving up on Chase at this point is like me giving up on Burrow. I can't say that is not the smart thing to do, but damn, I can't bring myself to give up on the dream of him and Burrow together for 10 to 12 years at least.
Yes, but the Bengals already have Boyd and Higgins - and if you could land Brown in round 2, or another guy in round 3 (Palmer is there, and Milne from BYU will be around in 3/4) you have to focus on OL and Derrisaw is a guy that can move mountains and looks like he could also play some OG right away.

The big thing, too for me is - they are likely going to need to focus on a guy that can play C/OG as I don't trust Hopkins to be full-go to start the season - so that means needing to ensure you lock up a OT early so that you can look for interior guys in rounds 2-5.

Chase would be awesome, but landing another OL as well as potential picks, and additional guys from WR to DL/DE and even another OL is way better than just landing Chase.

Can't throw it to him from his butt...LOL

And remember, I was just as high on Pitts as you were Chase - and I have slowly started to move towards team "Trade Down", grab Slater/Darrisaw and load up on some additional picks in round 2/3 if possible.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, imagine if Fields drops to #5 or another one of those top QB's....I mean, the Bengals could end up with a haul of picks to trade down in to that 10-14 range, or end up trading down twice ending up with multiple picks from each in round 2/3 plus potential for adding a 1st or 2nd next year.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Boyds a posession reciever and Higgins is a big bodied target with potential as a red zone threat. If we go tackle at 5 and reciever later in the draft I'd go with a deep threat to complement our current starters.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I think he ranked Brown 3rd but he said his top 3 were close and all had elite potential. Kind of OT but Simms QB evaluations have been spot on the past few years. If hes right on this group NFL teams are going to start copying his list.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boyds a posession reciever and Higgins is a big bodied target with potential as a red zone threat. If we go tackle at 5 and reciever later in the draft I'd go with a deep threat to complement our current starters.
Don't disagree - just going to need him to make some contested catches, which seems to be a negative on his report. At 6'1", he's got some size, so he should be able to use that against the smaller DB's.