• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My New Mock - Bored

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't poo-poo someone else's ability to potentially be elite and then say Chase is 100% guaranteed to be elite.

The Bengals are likely going to pick Chase because...well, they're the Bengals. It may work out. But if the OL sucks again, or the draft doesn't break their way to land better impact guys, or better yet (worse) Burrow suffers another injury...

Chase is a luxury pick for a team that knows what it is doing. That's not the Bengals.
I'll disagree on this one. But it is all cool. I fully respect your position and while I feel it is logical, I think at this point in time with this QB and this team, Chase is our best option.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agree. Michael Jordan is not even on the team anymore. Bobby "the Whiff" Hart is gone now too. Look, I am not sitting here trying to blow smoke up any knowledgeable fans ass. I get it. The offensive line is suspect. We are also not going to remake the oline in a season.

What I do think, our offensive line coach, Pollack, will keep things like what happen to Jordan on the Burrow injury from happening. He will scheme things to keep guys from falling around Burrows legs, and open more holes for Mixon.

I also think that health in general and addition by subtraction is going to also help us.

Add in a little talent in rounds 2 and 3 for potential starter/depth.

Add in possible cuts after the draft on olineman.

This is a passing league, it has morphed entirely into that, which was the allure of drafting a guy like Burrow after the season he had at LSU to hang the ball up nearly 600 times in a season. That is about 35 throws a game. He is the point guard and going to direct the traffic. It doesn't always have to be deep tosses, it can be quick pitches, quick under routes, sideline throws, QB draw plays, screens, swing passes, etc. It is like a fast paced pro basketball team on offense. Get the ball out and into playmaker hands quickly. That also minimizes the damage that can happen to an offensive line also.

A guy like Chase in those 3 WR sets with Boyd and Higgins would be freaking lethal. There are a ton of quality offensive line guys in the draft this year within the first 3 rounds. If we are at least trying with our 2nd and 3rd round picks to improve that line, then I am okay with taking the best player in the draft who fell to 5 to us, and has an unbelievable history with our young talented QB.

Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw, Jenkins, etc. None of these guys in my eyes are guaranteed to be elite, they could be, but none that you go, holy shit my eyes just got too big for my stomach. Chase has that kind of film. I really think Chase is a pro-bowler in year one, and he never looks back. He has that kind of talent, highest ceiling, highest floor. Take Chase...don't flinch.

When did Michael Jordan get released?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll disagree on this one. But it is all cool. I fully respect your position and while I feel it is logical, I think at this point in time with this QB and this team, Chase is our best option.
Here is where I will concede - IF the Bengals really feel that LT and RT are set - AND they look to extend Reiff for another 3 years...I can understand not taking Sewell, who projects to a pure OT at this level.

However, I still argue - if that is the case, you trade down and try and grab Slater/Darrisaw and extra 2nd round pick (and/or more) and load up in round 2 with another OL plus a potential WR...Moore has been there quite often as has Brown and both would add a lot to this offense. Not as much as Chase, but you then have the potential of adding 2 key OL who can slide inside and push for starting time right now, and project to be solid OG's at this level going forward. Now you have 4 of the 5 spots locked up depending on Hopkin's recovery - and you could still find a more pure C later in the draft...or, hope Price comes around under Pollack.

IF there's no trade option - and point #1 above is true - then I concede....Pitts is the pick.... LOL

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is where I will concede - IF the Bengals really feel that LT and RT are set - AND they look to extend Reiff for another 3 years...I can understand not taking Sewell, who projects to a pure OT at this level.

However, I still argue - if that is the case, you trade down and try and grab Slater/Darrisaw and extra 2nd round pick (and/or more) and load up in round 2 with another OL plus a potential WR...Moore has been there quite often as has Brown and both would add a lot to this offense. Not as much as Chase, but you then have the potential of adding 2 key OL who can slide inside and push for starting time right now, and project to be solid OG's at this level going forward. Now you have 4 of the 5 spots locked up depending on Hopkin's recovery - and you could still find a more pure C later in the draft...or, hope Price comes around under Pollack.

IF there's no trade option - and point #1 above is true - then I concede....Pitts is the pick.... LOL
LOL. Okay.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor mill swirls for the #4 pick with ATL...

If they find a trade partner for Julio - they are taking Chase.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor mill swirls for the #4 pick with ATL...

If they find a trade partner for Julio - they are taking Chase.
Good possibility if that is the case, or they take Pitts still like most are thinking since they have two excellent WR's still on the roster, Pitts would add a 3rd at a position of need after loosing Hooper to the Browns a year ago.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good possibility if that is the case, or they take Pitts still like most are thinking since they have two excellent WR's still on the roster, Pitts would add a 3rd at a position of need after loosing Hooper to the Browns a year ago.
Agreed. I think Pitts would be in play for that exact reason, but so far, all I've really seen is Chase's name...but, I do agree with you. Pitts with those WR's already there would be a pretty solid grouping with Ridley and Gage.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I think Pitts would be in play for that exact reason, but so far, all I've really seen is Chase's name...but, I do agree with you. Pitts with those WR's already there would be a pretty solid grouping with Ridley and Gage.
I would be sad for a moment, and then rejoice a moment later when we take Pitts. It is all good. I don't think we will wind up with a player I am going to be unhappy with. I would be happy with Sewell also, just feel he makes less of an impact in the first half of the season.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is, if we take Pitts because Chase is gone, he will never seen TE in our system. He will be lined up as a WR from day one just like Chase would have been.

Still a guy on the outside that runs a sub 4.4 who is 6'6" and the largest catch radius of anyone in recent memory is not such a bad option on the outside along with Boyd and Higgins.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys draft chase, you should go all in and get terrence marshall later.... give burrow his boys, plus boyd, higgins, and a healthy mixon. Watch out....

i also think mixon, has the TALENT of a top 5 rb in this league. Hes been stuck with crap coaching, offenses, lines, and the when hes not...he gets hurt. Dude is a stud.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys draft chase, you should go all in and get terrence marshall later.... give burrow his boys, plus boyd, higgins, and a healthy mixon. Watch out....

i also think mixon, has the TALENT of a top 5 rb in this league. Hes been stuck with crap coaching, offenses, lines, and the when hes not...he gets hurt. Dude is a stud.
I don't want to go nutty. Top 10 pick, I think you need to go with best player on the board to try and get an impact player, second round, I think you need to look more at available, need and the previous run of position or upcoming run of players to fill gaps without losing out on.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a
I don't want to go nutty. Top 10 pick, I think you need to go with best player on the board to try and get an impact player, second round, I think you need to look more at available, need and the previous run of position or upcoming run of players to fill gaps without losing out on.
I get yah. It was semi tongue in cheek, but it certainly would be fun to watch

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ATL takes Chase with the 4th pick, I expect there to be a decent market for the 5th pick. I'd be pretty happy to move down a few slots, grab Slater as a lineman and address receiver in the 2nd round. It's not sexy, but it could work.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey - if you use the link now, it updates the 1st round automatically with the picks allowing you to draft round 2 with more accuracy. Very cool update!!!

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey - if you use the link now, it updates the 1st round automatically with the picks allowing you to draft round 2 with more accuracy. Very cool update!!!
Cool.

looks like they will have their choice of OT if it's at all accurate.

Rank26
ADP44.4
Walker LittleT • STANFORD
Show More

DRAFTWALKER LITTLE
Rank31
ADP33.7
Teven JenkinsT • OKLAHOMA STATE
Show More

DRAFTTEVEN JENKINS
Rank32
ADP48.2
Dillon RadunzT • NORTH DAKOTA STATE
Show More

DRAFTDILLON RADUNZ
Rank44
ADP54.2
Landon DickersonC • ALABAMA
Show More

DRAFTLANDON DICKERSON
Rank48
ADP58.7
Jackson CarmanT • CLEMSON
Show More

DRAFTJACKSON CARMAN
Rank51
ADP65.5
Quinn MeinerzC • WISCONSIN - WHITEWATER
Show More

DRAFTQUINN MEINERZ

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Round 1 filled in based on last nights draft....

Not bad.

1619793072237.png

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more where I decided to go back/back with OL in rounds 2/3 to see how the DL falls.

Not as much depth at DT. If the Bengals really want a guy to pair next to Reader - I'd use that 3rd round pick on Williams if available. Otherwise, the rest of the guys are going to be a bit of a project.

1619793355290.png