• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My mock draft

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me know what you think. This is my first mock draft, so feel free to criticize me I'm sure there are problems with it. Thanks in advance.

1. Chiefs - Luke Joeckel - OT - Texas A&M - But, I think Eric Fisher could sneak into this slot
2. Jaguars - Dion Jordan - DE/OLB - Oregon
3. Raiders - Star Lotulelei* - DT - Utah
4. Eagles - Eric Fisher - OT - Central Michigan - Geno Smith is a possibility also
5. Lions - Ziggy Ansah - DE/OLB - BYU
6. Browns - Barkevious Mingo - DE - LSU
7. Cardinals - Lane Johnson - OT - Oklahoma
8. Bills - Geno Smith - QB - West Virginia
9. Jets - Jarvis Jones - OLB/DE - Georgia
10. Titans - Dee Milliner - CB - Alabama
11. Chargers - Jonathan Cooper** - OG - UNC
12. Dolphins - Xavier Rhodes - CB - FSU
13. Buccaneers - Shariff Floyd - DT - Florida
14. Panthers - Sheldon Richardson - DT - Missouri
15. Saints - Kenny Vaccaro - S - Saints
16. Rams - Tavon Austin - WR - West Virginia
17. Steelers - Bjoern Warner - DE - FSU
18. Cowboys - Chance Warmack - OG - Alabama
19. Giants - Alec Ogeltree - OLB - Georgia
20. Bears - Arthur Brown - OLB - Kansas State
21. Bengals - DJ Fluker - OT - Alabama
22. Rams - Jonathan Cyprien - SS - FIU Probably a little early, but i think he is a solid player
23. Vikings - Desmond Trufant - CB - Washington
24. Colts - Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Tennessee I think if he is still available someone would have traded up by now take him.
25. Vikings - DeAndre Hopkins - WR - Clemson
26. Packers - Eddie Lacy - RB - Alabama
27. Houston Texans - Kevin Minter - ILB - LSU Keenan Allen is a possibility also
28. Broncos - Cornellius Carradine - DE - FSU
29. Patriots - Sylvester Williams - DT - UNC
30. Falcons - Jamar Taylor - CB - Boise State
31. 49ers - Datone Jones - DE - UCLA
32. Ravens - Keenan Allen - WR - Cal

*I think what most people seem to think is that Sharrif Floyd will go third, but I'm not so sure. I've heard some teams aren't sold on him and with Star getting medically cleared I think he could become a target in the top 5 again.

**I took Cooper over Warmack because I think the Chargers switched to a ZBS, in which Cooper is probably a better fit.

The was the hardest thing was trying to find somewhere for Geno Smith to end up. I think the Bills would have a hard time passing on him if he fell to him though.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see the Titans taking a corner over a guard, especially since they'll play the Chargers and they have a serious need for OL. I see them taking Chance Warmack or Jonathon Cooper. Titans fans will be angrier than they've been since we moved from Houston if they mess this pick up. It needs to be whoever they decide is the best available G. That said, I prefer they get a G in free agency and sign the best available DE, which for us is probably Mingo. He's a game-changer.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let me know what you think. This is my first mock draft, so feel free to criticize me I'm sure there are problems with it. Thanks in advance.

1. Chiefs - Luke Joeckel - OT - Texas A&M - But, I think Eric Fisher could sneak into this slot
2. Jaguars - Dion Jordan - DE/OLB - Oregon
3. Raiders - Star Lotulelei* - DT - Utah
4. Eagles - Eric Fisher - OT - Central Michigan - Geno Smith is a possibility also
5. Lions - Ziggy Ansah - DE/OLB - BYU
6. Browns - Barkevious Mingo - DE - LSU
7. Cardinals - Lane Johnson - OT - Oklahoma
8. Bills - Geno Smith - QB - West Virginia
9. Jets - Jarvis Jones - OLB/DE - Georgia
10. Titans - Dee Milliner - CB - Alabama
11. Chargers - Jonathan Cooper** - OG - UNC
12. Dolphins - Xavier Rhodes - CB - FSU
13. Buccaneers - Shariff Floyd - DT - Florida
14. Panthers - Sheldon Richardson - DT - Missouri
15. Saints - Kenny Vaccaro - S - Saints
16. Rams - Tavon Austin - WR - West Virginia
17. Steelers - Bjoern Warner - DE - FSU
18. Cowboys - Chance Warmack - OG - Alabama
19. Giants - Alec Ogeltree - OLB - Georgia
20. Bears - Arthur Brown - OLB - Kansas State
21. Bengals - DJ Fluker - OT - Alabama
22. Rams - Jonathan Cyprien - SS - FIU Probably a little early, but i think he is a solid player
23. Vikings - Desmond Trufant - CB - Washington
24. Colts - Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Tennessee I think if he is still available someone would have traded up by now take him.
25. Vikings - DeAndre Hopkins - WR - Clemson
26. Packers - Eddie Lacy - RB - Alabama
27. Houston Texans - Kevin Minter - ILB - LSU Keenan Allen is a possibility also
28. Broncos - Cornellius Carradine - DE - FSU
29. Patriots - Sylvester Williams - DT - UNC
30. Falcons - Jamar Taylor - CB - Boise State
31. 49ers - Datone Jones - DE - UCLA
32. Ravens - Keenan Allen - WR - Cal

*I think what most people seem to think is that Sharrif Floyd will go third, but I'm not so sure. I've heard some teams aren't sold on him and with Star getting medically cleared I think he could become a target in the top 5 again.

**I took Cooper over Warmack because I think the Chargers switched to a ZBS, in which Cooper is probably a better fit.

The was the hardest thing was trying to find somewhere for Geno Smith to end up. I think the Bills would have a hard time passing on him if he fell to him though.

A very good first mock IMO. I'm not ecstatic with our pick, but I can live with it. Also EVEYONE's mock draft will look sh8tty in comparison to what we will be witnessing come draft day (I predict a record breaking total numbers of trades). I agree with your presumptions however you still have to find a way to sneak Floyd in somewhere in the top 10. But overall this was a good mock, even though I don't view it as being a unique mock with regard to the picks being made, I can see the reasoning why some of those players would land at the spots you placed them.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just don't see the Titans taking a corner over a guard, especially since they'll play the Chargers and they have a serious need for OL. I see them taking Chance Warmack or Jonathon Cooper. Titans fans will be angrier than they've been since we moved from Houston if they mess this pick up. It needs to be whoever they decide is the best available G. That said, I prefer they get a G in free agency and sign the best available DE, which for us is probably Mingo. He's a game-changer.

You make a solid argument there, but at the same time it is not totally out of the realm for us to see that happen (them taking a corner instead of a G). A lot of talk out there and many GMs feel that Warmack and Cooper are better than David Decastro (the top rated guard last year) who has a bright future ahead of him. So I can see how Titans would select a G in the first round. Also, coupled that with the fact that they are aware and certain to land a very good corner later on in the 2nd round. The CB class is deep / potential immediate type like starters in the 2nd round. At the same time the same could be said with the guard position...how comfortable would Titans be with someone like Larry Warford per se?

Which combo do you like better?
Milliner/Walford
or
Warmack/Blidi Wreh-Wilson

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A very good first mock IMO. I'm not ecstatic with our pick, but I can live with it. Also EVEYONE's mock draft will look sh8tty in comparison to what we will be witnessing come draft day (I predict a record breaking total numbers of trades). I agree with your presumptions however you still have to find a way to sneak Floyd in somewhere in the top 10. But overall this was a good mock, even though I don't view it as being a unique mock with regard to the picks being made, I can see the reasoning why some of those players would land at the spots you placed them.

Thanks. And yeah, I think there will be a lot of teams looking to move on draft day.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Milliner falls to you guys at 10 that could be a huge steal. The Titans seem to have multiple needs right now. Taking the best player available makes sense. That being said Warmack and Cooper would be nice picks as well. I just think Milliner helps your team out more.