• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

my issues with the Lions moves.................

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love deserts.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This, I 100% agree with. Told Rob in the spring how scary these franchises resemble each other. He's been a fan since April. Give him time to see it. You're speaking of the teams now, I'm talking about the last twenty years.

Now that Suh went there -- I've watched quite a few of their games. I'm not saying it to get Rob bent out of shape -- I truly believe they are the Lions of the AFC.

With their cap issues in 2016 -- it seems like Suh stepped right into the same situation he was in while in Detroit. Instead of GB, it is NE. Instead of Stafford, it is Tannehill. Wake and Vernon remind me of Avril and KVB (can get after the QB, but struggle to set the edge)

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, wait! I love desserts, not deserts. I actually HATE deserts! It was a typo. I swear.

I'm stopping on my way home at hole in wall diner in Topeka for some desert. Damn good pie, little gritty, but dang good.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Suh went there -- I've watched quite a few of their games. I'm not saying it to get Rob bent out of shape -- I truly believe they are the Lions of the AFC.

Well, then, you either think way too much of the Lions or way too little of the Dolphins. Wake reminds you of Avril??

Dude. Stop.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm stopping on my way home at hole in wall diner in Topeka for some desert. Damn good pie, little gritty, but dang good.

Love pie. I'm prepping to have my share over the holidays. Right now my fix is Naked juice. Pick some up if you can find it. Green Machine is my drink.

green-machine-naked-juice.jpg

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With their cap issues in 2016 -- it seems like Suh stepped right into the same situation he was in while in Detroit. Instead of GB, it is NE. Instead of Stafford, it is Tannehill. Wake and Vernon remind me of Avril and KVB (can get after the QB, but struggle to set the edge)

You want to go back further? It gets even crazier, the mirror image. Well except Roary never got kidnapped.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to go back further? It gets even crazier, the mirror image. Well except Roary never got kidnapped.

If you really want to compare two teams who have traveled near parallel paths during the Mayhew era, it's the Lions and Rams.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love pie. I'm prepping to have my share over the holidays. Right now my fix is Naked juice. Pick some up if you can find it. Green Machine is my drink.

Well Naked is too high in carb content for me. That hit the market when I found out I was diabetic. They're are good though. I'd drink 3-4 a day. I juice with a ninja bullet. Way healthier for me. Only way to make kale taste good.

I go for walks after eating pie. Momma is a sugar natzi at home. So Topeka it is. LOL

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, then, you either think way too much of the Lions or way too little of the Dolphins. Wake reminds you of Avril??

Dude. Stop.

You have Gandy, who is also a Dolphins fan, telling you the same thing. I'm just giving you my opinion.

Do I think Wake is a better player than Avril? Yes. They are the same type of player though. Aggressive, speed rushers, not known for their rush defense.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really want to compare two teams who have traveled near parallel paths during the Mayhew era, it's the Lions and Rams.

Got to disagree there. Many times you lump MM with MMII... Rams won a ring in that time. What I can agree with is one side of the ball is always way better than the other and never balance each other. That rings true last few years.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have Gandy, who is also a Dolphins fan, telling you the same thing. I'm just giving you my opinion.

Do I think Wake is a better player than Avril? Yes. They are the same type of player though. Aggressive, speed rushers, not known for their rush defense.

I think Cliff Avril would give up his left nut to ever again even once be compared to Cameron Wake by anyone anywhere.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to disagree there. Many times you lump MM with MMII... Rams won a ring in that time. What I can agree with is one side of the ball is always way better than the other and never balance each other. That rings true last few years.

Mayhew era.

All started with Stafford/Jason Smith then Bradford/Suh, then Fairely/Quinn then Donaldson...it's scary how many Rams could have been or should have been Lions, and vice versa.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My opinion is over a period of time not just now. Coaching is the key. See who leads these two teams in 2016? Not sure about eons ahead, but it will prolly separate them more in Miami's favor IMO. I'm still scared about what Martha does.

I'm curious to see how the cap plays out in Miami. Still think it can be worked out without a restructure. Looked at ten or so different scenarios. The huge difference though if they're forced to restructure with just one or other of Suh or Tannehill. While I don't like that practice. Lions would have been okay quite possibly had they only done one of the big three and not all of them.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew era.

All started with Stafford/Jason Smith then Bradford/Suh, then Fairely/Quinn then Donaldson...it's scary how many Rams could have been or should have been Lions, and vice versa.

With ya now...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still think it can be worked out without a restructure.

Miami's biggest issue is -- they are going to have to re-sign Vernon and Lamar Miller. With the achilles injury to Wake -- it puts even more emphasis on getting Vernon to re-sign.

Feels strange to follow a team like I do the Lions -- but I do follow Miami because of Suh. His contract is the only one that makes sense to restructure. It will give the team relief, but put the Dolphins in the same shoes the Lions were in.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cliff Avril would give up his left nut to ever again even once be compared to Cameron Wake by anyone anywhere.

Yeah -- they are polar opposites. :L

Wake -- 70 sacks
Avril -- 56 sacks

Wake -- 16 forced fumbles
Avril -- 23 forced fumbles

Wake -- 13 passes defensed
Avril -- 23 passes defensed

Wake -- 25 run stuffs
Avril -- 24 run stuffs

Wake -- 255 tackles
Avril -- 235 tackles

Wake -- 6'3" 270
Avril -- 6'3" 265

I said Wake was the better player, but they play the same. Both aggressive, speed rushers. Neither concerned about stopping the run.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah -- they are polar opposites. :L

They are.

Cliff Avril career accolades:

Cameron Wake career accolades:

NFL