• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

my issues with the Lions moves.................

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want this team to be picking top 5. But then again, I'm sure I will enjoy arguing about who they should draft. Lol

With the new rookie contracts in place -- they get paid pennies to the dollar what rookies received when we drafted Suh.

Don't quote me on this -- but I believe what Suh was paid per year over 5 years (12 million and change), would have been what his total contract would have been with today's rookie scale.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one will be happier if this does get turned around. Yea at this point at 1-6 I'd rather get the top draft pick than get 6 wins or whatever but blowing it up will only make you happy in the short term. Like very short. Like the offseason. Then the season starts and we have a new GM that wants his team, a new coach probably in his first HC gig and we're even further away from being any good than we are now. And sucking next season won't make you any happier and certainly no less jaded than you are now.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one will be happier if this does get turned around. Yea at this point at 1-6 I'd rather get the top draft pick than get 6 wins or whatever but blowing it up will only make you happy in the short term. Like very short. Like the offseason. Then the season starts and we have a new GM that wants his team, a new coach probably in his first HC gig and we're even further away from being any good than we are now. And sucking next season won't make you any happier and certainly no less jaded than you are now.

Agreed. I think it's the thoughts of all the "possibilities" that have the fans thinking this way. I want change but I also think its risky business and definitely a set-back to a certain extent. And the draft and stuff is fun but I surely don't really want to be talking about who we're getting at 1,2,3,4 or 5.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I think it's the thoughts of all the "possibilities" that have the fans thinking this way. I want change but I also think its risky business and definitely a set-back to a certain extent. And the draft and stuff is fun but I surely don't really want to be talking about who we're getting at 1,2,3,4 or 5.

I don't know. If we aren't picking 20-32 then I'd rather be picking 1-5.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. If we aren't picking 20-32 then I'd rather be picking 1-5.

Absolutely. With the new rookie contracts they have. I want the best possible player. All winning is going to do is possibly save someone's job who shouldn't have one to begin with.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never take for granted cleaning house means the next guy is always better. I've lost all faith in Caldwell and Mayhew. There is some talent and just because you blow it up does not mean your doomed.
Say they don't blow it up, are you saying this group is better under current management and coaches that are a luck luster 1-6 with repeated failure of draft picks?

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then the season starts and we have a new GM that wants his team, a new coach probably in his first HC gig and we're even further away from being any good than we are now.

How can we be worse than 1-6?

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-7? They weren't far from it.

I knew someone would say 0-7 lol.

At least you added in.... Not far from it. Which is true, last second heroics against a bottom feeder team at home lol

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one will be happier if this does get turned around.

Impossible. Martin Mayhew is the worst GM in the league. If he had the ability to turn this around it would have happened by now.

Lombardi wasn't our only problem. Far from it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Set back? Set back from what???? Set back from winning the North? Beating a winning team on the road? Beating Green Bay? Set back from winning a playoff game??

You can't set this team any farther back than it already is. We just for swept by the Vikings and their second year QB. We're already set as far back as we could possibly be at 1-6.

Burn it to the ground.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week coming up, I think will tell if the changes made in Miami, really turned the team around. They beat up two bad teams, but they have to face Brady and the Pats now. If they play them tough -- They could make me a believer.

After watching the game last night -- I'm convinced more than ever that Suh left the Lions of the NFC to join the Lions of the AFC.

Quarterback who can look like a world beater against weak teams, but horrible against good teams -- Check
A defense that looks like a world beater against weak teams, but horrible against good teams -- Check
A mess of a coaching staff situation -- Check
A front office in cap hell -- Check
Talented pieces on offense, but can't figure out how to use them against good teams -- Check
A defensive line that can rush the passer, but struggle against the run (Detroit 2010-2013) -- Check
A fan base who always thinks next year is the year we get over the hump -- Check

It is like looking in the mirror when I look at the two teams. It is almost like Suh couldn't get enough of the initial disaster he dealt with in Detroit, so he figured he'd go for round two, except this time with nicer weather.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the game last night -- I'm convinced more than ever that Suh left the Lions of the NFC to join the Lions of the AFC.

Quarterback who can look like a world beater against weak teams, but horrible against good teams -- Check
A defense that looks like a world beater against weak teams, but horrible against good teams -- Check
A mess of a coaching staff situation -- Check
A front office in cap hell -- Check
Talented pieces on offense, but can't figure out how to use them against good teams -- Check
A defensive line that can rush the passer, but struggle against the run (Detroit 2010-2013) -- Check
A fan base who always thinks next year is the year we get over the hump -- Check

It is like looking in the mirror when I look at the two teams. It is almost like Suh couldn't get enough of the initial disaster he dealt with in Detroit, so he figured he'd go for round two, except this time with nicer weather.

Miami is eons ahead of the Lions. If the Pats played Detroit, they'd drop 70 on our defense.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is eons ahead of the Lions. If the Pats played Detroit, they'd drop 70 on our defense.

How you gonna talk shit about the defending champs?

nfl_lion_cr_400x600.jpg

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can believe what you'd like about Miami. They are in the exact same boat as Detroit. Only difference is -- they have played one of the easiest schedules in the NFL thru 7 weeks. They have been outscored by 70 points in the 3 games they played against two decent teams and one elite team.

Both teams are on the road to nowhere. Miami is as close to catching the Patriots as the Lions are to catching the Packers.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How you gonna talk shit about the defending champs?

That guy is lucky -- they can easily change that one in 2015 to a 2 or a 4. So if the Lions win the SB in 2025 or 2045 -- he can salvage that tattoo.:pound:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Calvin Johnson please.
Fooooorrrrrgggggeeeetttt about it...CJ is still a great player and would generate lots of interest, but no contending teams have the cap sapce to take on his cap hit in '16 and '17'18 are worse....w/o having to cut 5 players...the teams that have the cap space to take on CJ's contract...JAX, TN, CLE.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can believe what you'd like about Miami. They are in the exact same boat as Detroit. Only difference is -- they have played one of the easiest schedules in the NFL thru 7 weeks. They have been outscored by 70 points in the 3 games they played against two decent teams and one elite team.

Both teams are on the road to nowhere. Miami is as close to catching the Patriots as the Lions are to catching the Packers.

Right back at you. The fact that Miami doesn't have Mayhew as GM makes them worlds greater than the Lions. They've also got the ability to woo star players, something Detroit proved last off season it cannot do. Their current GM is the guy who built the Jets, a team everyone here seems to love, so I think they'll be ok.

Miami also has 3 wins, while Detroit will be lucky to see that all year.

You're better off comparing the Lions to teams like the Jaguars, Titans, and Texans. Those are the teams Detroit will be drafting near next April, not Miami.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fooooorrrrrgggggeeeetttt about it...CJ is still a great player and would generate lots of interest, but no contending teams have the cap sapce to take on his cap hit in '16 and '17'18 are worse....w/o having to cut 5 players...the teams that have the cap space to take on CJ's contract...JAX, TN, CLE.

Where's Dr. Eviler when you least need him?

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guy is lucky -- they can easily change that one in 2015 to a 2 or a 4. So if the Lions win the SB in 2025 or 2045 -- he can salvage that tattoo.:pound:

Please, never put Lions and SB in the same sentence again. Makes my eyes hurt.