• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

my issues with the Lions moves.................

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami's biggest issue is -- they are going to have to re-sign Vernon and Lamar Miller. With the achilles injury to Wake -- it puts even more emphasis on getting Vernon to re-sign.

Wake was in his last year either way. Miami saves over 8 million cutting him. He was already too old to keep around next year before the injury.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cliff Avril would give up his left nut to ever again even once be compared to Cameron Wake by anyone anywhere.

Is this part of the ambidextrous shit again?

Avril looked to be a decent situational guy with the Hawks. Started defending the run much better away from wide nine. IMO he is much like Digs. Product of a certain system.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are.

Cliff Avril career accolades:

Cameron Wake career accolades:

NFL

I said Wake was more talented, so not sure what personal accolades have to do with anything. They play the same way. They are the same size. Are you saying Wake isn't an aggressive, speed rusher? Their go to move is even the same. Try to time the snap and beat the tackle to the corner.

And as I said -- neither player are very good against the run, though Wake has taken it to another level the last couple years. It is pretty tough to start on a defensive line for 3 years and have a grand total of 2 run stuffs, but those are Wake's numbers. To Avril's credit -- he seems to have changed a bit in Seattle -- he already has 4 this year as a situational rusher on Seattle.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as I said -- neither player are very good against the run, though Wake has taken it to another level the last couple years.

Avril has no business being compared to Wake. Never has, and never will be again by anyone else. Just move on and try to forget this one.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avril has no business being compared to Wake. Never has, and never will be again by anyone else. Just move on and try to forget this one.

I'm curious, if you had to do a write about Wake regarding his pass rush and his rush defense over the last 2 or 3 years -- how would you describe him for each?

IMO, he reminds me of Avril. Obviously a much better version of Avril, but the same type of player (when I say the same type -- it is same when people say Stafford is like Favre in his gunslinger mentality) I think you are taking it too literal.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious, if you had to do a write about Wake regarding his pass rush and his rush defense over the last 2 or 3 years -- how would you describe him for each?

IMO, he reminds me of Avril. Obviously a much better version of Avril, but the same type of player (when I say the same type -- it is same when people say Stafford is like Favre in his gunslinger mentality) I think you are taking it too literal.

Wake has been considered a top 10 run defending DE almost his entire career. Look at those accolades. Practically unmatched over the same time period.

I get your point. They're both aggressive ends, but Cliff has always been a one trick pony, whereas Wake is a complete DE. How did Avril even get brought up? I forget.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wake has been considered a top 10 run defending DE almost his entire career. Look at those accolades. Practically unmatched over the same time period.

I get your point. They're both aggressive ends, but Cliff has always been a one trick pony, whereas Wake is a complete DE. How did Avril even get brought up? I forget.

I agree he was considered a top run defending DE for the first couple years, that is why I said, how did you view him in his last 2 or 3 years? I've only watched Miami quite a bit this year, though I watched Wake a few times early in his career. So all I have to go by is his numbers -- in his past 38 games (2013, 2014 and 2015) -- he has two run stuffs total. That is almost impossible to do playing on the defensive line.

His pass rushing hasn't suffered at all, which is why I said he reminded me of Avril. With Detroit -- Avril was great at rushing the QB, but was non-existent in helping out against the run.

I didn't mean Avril and Wake are the same player. I just meant the same type of player.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If either of you rip on my boy Willie Young, I'll have this thread deleted.

First, and final warning.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wake had 7 sacks in 7 games playing next to Suh. Huge loss. Will be interesting to see how the next guy does.