• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My gawd the B1G is daft ...

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for starters not all campuses are open. Most of them are doing remote or hybrid learning formats

Most campuses aren't opening? Where are you getting these stats? I've heard just the opposite.

Which B10 schools will not have students in the dorms this semester? I've heard every one of them are opening the dorms, and will have some "in person" classes.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypocrisy.

Why has no one talked about the potential major spread of COVID during riots that have been going on in Portland for near 80 straight days, but it's a topic for discussion regarding playing sports.

Plenty of people have asked about the risks present for people gathering in large groups, particularly if they are not wearing face coverings.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here in Alabama they plan to test 12,000 students per day as they prepare to return to the college classroom. They also have the option - in many cases - of taking at least a portion of their classes online (except for labs). Many of the state schools will also go online only after the Thanksgiving break due to the number of foreign students who may be traveling to & from other countries at that time.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the teams want to play football. No one is happy about postponing the season.

No individual schools are happy about the decision - except maybe UConn & UMass - but Larry Scott is elated that he doesn't have to come up with an excuse for the Pac-12 missing another College Football Playoff.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The commissioner basically said they'd be done as a member if they ventured out to play their own schedule this year.

Keeping your members in line =/= ridiculing and demonizing. He didn't even mention them by name,

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here in Alabama they plan to test 12,000 students per day as they prepare to return to the college classroom. They also have the option - in many cases - of taking at least a portion of their classes online (except for labs). Many of the state schools will also go online only after the Thanksgiving break due to the number of foreign students who may be traveling to & from other countries at that time.

That's what makes this whole B10 fall sports cancelation weird to me. The B10 schools thinks it is safe to open up the campus for 10's of thousands of students, but unsafe to allow the football team (or any sports) to play?

The football team will take tests every week, and play other teams doing that on top of COVID protocol, but 10k+ students will take a test before school starts and still live together on campus and do some classes together...and that is safer?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what makes this whole B10 fall sports cancelation weird to me. The B10 schools thinks it is safe to open up the campus for 10's of thousands of students, but unsafe to allow the football team (or any sports) to play?

The football team will take tests every week, and play other teams doing that on top of COVID protocol, but 10k+ students will take a test before school starts and still live together on campus and do some classes together...and that is safer?

Such a valid realization and such a valid question that will never get answered. They cant answer this.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just remember, those football players will be interacting with some of those same students in/before & after class; so that increases their chances of exposure.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember, those football players will be interacting with some of those same students in/before & after class; so that increases their chances of exposure.

That's my point...those football players will be tested every week. A positive case, even with no symptom, will be quarantined. The student body will not. It seems the football team is a safer group of people than the student body on campus.

On top of that, are these athletes still going to class/interacting with other students? So the threat is still real, and if they aren't being tested like they would have been if the season were taking place, then they are actually in more danger, no?

Last edited:

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL man the B16 is looking more and more like a clownshow.. I thought nothing could ever be as bad as Beebe leading the Big 12 into an iceberg..

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure...

Other advice...dont run too fast you might fall off the edge of the earth

No he won't.

Kyrie Irving says there's a giant ice wall around the edge of the earth to keep tha from happening.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, the B1G is kind of showing their ass right now.....but at least they care about their student athletes unlike the Pac 12.