• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My gawd the B1G is daft ...

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure...

Other advice...dont run too fast you might fall off the edge of the earth
If it's about the safety of the players, then non-professional football should be shut down for good. CTE caused by playing football, the higher risk of developing ALS from playing football, the overall dangers to injury to playing football.

Let's be serious about the health of the players, if we are going to use that card. Football, unless you are playing for pay, should be banned. Too dangerous.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep the politics in the politics forum, dumbass.
Welcome to 2020. Everything is now political.

Sports has gone full on politics, from the sports writer media, to the pro sports, to the colleges and universities. Sheep.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As one comment says, "so they will go to class, work out, go to training room, go to practice, eat at training table, study at student center....But won’t play games... all in the name of student athlete “safety”?

What football player is going to do that?

Frost at NE is saying he won't do that.
If this is true they are huge idiots

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sports has gone full on politics, from the sports writer media, to the pro sports, to the colleges and universities. Sheep.

This isn't Nam. There are rules here.

Keep the politics in the politics forum, or GTFO.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't Nam. There are rules here.

Keep the politics in the politics forum, or GTFO.

Interesting your face palmed my post about the seriousness of CTE and ALS. Do you not agree? Because I am agreeing with you, the players safety is the most important thing here and if we are going to take their safety serious over this historically dangerous virus, then we should take their safety serious in other categories.

So why cancel the football season just for COVID? CTE and other physical ailments from playing football are a huge risk and very common in college players. I think the argument should be made that non-professional football should be banned for good.

Let's be serious about this issue. Let's take serious action to protect the players who don't get paid.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or is the seriousness of the virus just further helping along a narrative where the chapter ends November 4?

Which is it?

We actually serious about college players health here or are we just serious about this virus?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the B1G's stance on Penn State and their Sandusky cover up?

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont know if this is true but apparently the comment was directed towards Nebraska that if they played out of conference they would be kicked out

He did, to Yahoo Sports.

I'd like to see Ohio State sack up and threaten to pull out, Would be pretty funny to see his response on that one. Wont happen though of course, Gene Smith and co seem content following along with what the Big 10 says.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tenor.gif

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, they were disgusted by it and applied sanctions within the conference by-laws. What did you want? Public executions?

I just see the B1G seems more upset about Nebraska wanting to play football then it was to find out Penn State was covering up pedo's

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting your face palmed my post about the seriousness of CTE and ALS. Do you not agree? Because I am agreeing with you, the players safety is the most important thing here and if we are going to take their safety serious over this historically dangerous virus, then we should take their safety serious in other categories.

So why cancel the football season just for COVID? CTE and other physical ailments from playing football are a huge risk and very common in college players. I think the argument should be made that non-professional football should be banned for good.

Let's be serious about this issue. Let's take serious action to protect the players who don't get paid.
You seem pretty serious about this. First of all, any player from peewee to the NFL knows or should know about the inherent risks from the actual playing of the game. This virus, is not something that you pick up from playing football. You have a large number of people living, training, and travelling together in very close proximity. That is why they are postponing the season.

Why you are taking this to the degree of "just ban the game" is horse and buggy thinking

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just see the B1G seems more upset about Nebraska wanting to play football then it was to find out Penn State was covering up pedo's

I don't see that. They came as close to the death sentence with Penn State as any university has ever had to deal with. They got HAMMERED, and rightfully so. It will always be a black mark for them, and I think it's time to let the new people run the show and run it right.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is your shortsighted opinion. Could it be that you didn't follow the story closely because you do not follow a team in the B1G? I think that may be more likely.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem pretty serious about this. First of all, any player from peewee to the NFL knows or should know about the inherent risks from the actual playing of the game. This virus, is not something that you pick up from playing football. You have a large number of people living, training, and travelling together in very close proximity. That is why they are postponing the season.

Why you are taking this to the degree of "just ban the game" is horse and buggy thinking

Because the players, coaches, and players parents want them to play football. They know the inherit dangers of this virus just like they do when they sign up for peewee football and college. But the powers that be are shutting the season down over the virus and not listening to parents/players/coaches.

Why just the virus? Football is dangerous. If the powers that be find that we need to put the safety of the players first, then non-professional football should be banned.

Why just the virus?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is your shortsighted opinion. Could it be that you didn't follow the story closely because you do not follow a team in the B1G? I think that may be more likely.
If any university should be kicked out of the B1G it should have been Penn State. Hell, the NCAA hammered USC more then they did Penn State.

W.
T.
F.