• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My favorite play

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The video clip is pretty much all of the top plays from the offense yesterday, but check out the TD pass to Bellamy, which pops up around the 2:24 mark. Two super cool aspects to this particular play.

#1, I love how Trub kept the safeties in check by first looking straight ahead downfield. Then he draws the LB in by making a quick look to Cohen over on his left. This frees up the space for Bellamy.
#2, Watch Cohen signal a TD BEFORE Trub even releases the pass. A lot of explaining here for what takes all of 4 or 5 seconds, so you may have to replay it several times to fully appreciate the play.

Highlights: Bears vs. Buccaneers

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The video clip is pretty much all of the top plays from the offense yesterday, but check out the TD pass to Bellamy, which pops up around the 2:24 mark. Two super cool aspects to this particular play.

#1, I love how Trub kept the safeties in check by first looking straight ahead downfield. Then he draws the LB in by making a quick look to Cohen over on his left. This frees up the space for Bellamy.
#2, Watch Cohen signal a TD BEFORE Trub even releases the pass. A lot of explaining here for what takes all of 4 or 5 seconds, so you may have to replay it several times to fully appreciate the play.

Highlights: Bears vs. Buccaneers

Yeah, I noticed Cohen as well. Cool stuff

It makes sense when you watch the post-game pressers from everyone and they all knew that play would be a touchdown during the week. All of the offensive guys talked about how they knew the safety would bite on a pump fake to Cohen in the flat. They were saving the play for the right time.

It wasn't a matter of IF they'd be able to score a big play on it. It was just a matter of WHEN they'd choose to pull it out of the bag.

Everyone executed well on the play. It was a work of beauty. To me, it demonstrates (like many aspects of this past game) that everyone is starting to get on the same page.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bellamy TD was my favorite play overall based on what I mentioned, but I thought that the pass to Cohen who ran the wheelhouse route on the right side was sheer perfection (5:09 in the video). As pretty as any pass Trubs has thrown to date. I really thought he displayed great touch with many of his passes in that game.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bellamy TD was my favorite play overall based on what I mentioned, but I thought that the pass to Cohen who ran the wheelhouse route on the right side was sheer perfection (5:09 in the video). As pretty as any pass Trubs has thrown to date. I really thought he displayed great touch with many of his passes in that game.

The Gabriel throw was also perfect.

Dropped it right over the defender's head into tight coverage about 30 yards downfield. Where only Gabriel could stretch out and grab it.

Trub's deep ball had been a struggle up until Sunday. Then, seemingly out of nowhere he had all of the touch in the world on it.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Gabriel throw was also perfect.

Dropped it right over the defender's head into tight coverage about 30 yards downfield. Where only Gabriel could stretch out and grab it.

Trub's deep ball had been a struggle up until Sunday. Then, seemingly out of nowhere he had all of the touch in the world on it.

I wish I had a ready-made answer for that. I think even the most patient and loyal fans of this kid never saw this 180 degree turnaround coming and so strongly to boot. It was like seeing a whole new QB out there.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just amazing how many WIDE open receivers there were and how Trubisky had all the time in the world to throw. The TD pass to Robinson in the corner of the endzone was well thrown but Trubisky also had a WIDE open Howard to his left. I would have preferred he threw it to Howard there.

One thing i forgot to mention was how well Trubisky did with his cadences this game. That was pretty impressive.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just amazing how many WIDE open receivers there were and how Trubisky had all the time in the world to throw. The TD pass to Robinson in the corner of the endzone was well thrown but Trubisky also had a WIDE open Howard to his left. I would have preferred he threw it to Howard there.

One thing i forgot to mention was how well Trubisky did with his cadences this game. That was pretty impressive.
Yeah, he was side open with no one around him. But I suppose Trubs figured he can lay that ball in there for a guaranteed TD rather than a catch-n-run. And I probably should have given game balls to the entire OL. That was without question the best pass protection I have seen from them in I don't know how long. In the coming weeks opposing defenses will have studied this game film and make the requisite adjustments on how to attack us, so we can't expect such blocking perfection every game. But Nagy & co will adjust as well, so let's get to that next game and see how this all plays out.