• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My fantasy draft is this Friday.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been 7-8 years since I've done fantasy football, but I decided to do one this year. I am in a league with 10 people on ESPN. I am 5th pick in the odd rounds and 6th in the even rounds. I've also always did autodraft as well, but this year I'm actually drafting.

Here's what I am thinking for the 1st 4 rounds. Anything you think I should look at differently?

ROUND 1 - I am thinking of going for a QB, but if a RB like Jamaal Charles is available, I'm going for him. Looking for QB, RB

ROUND 2 - If I get Charles in the first round, I am going after QB. If I get QB 1st round, I am going after a WR. I think QBs and RBs will be mostly taken these rounds. Looking for WR, QB

ROUND 3 - Not a QB. I don't think I will go after a RB either. I think all the clear RBs to get will be taken and a lot of strong ones will be around later. I might go for a strong TE or D if available. Possibly WR, but I'd imagine WRs will be taken as well. Looking for TE, D, RB, WR

ROUND 4 - I am thinking about going after RB or WR. Possibly TE or D, whichever I don't pick in Round 3. Looking for RB, WR, TE, D

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't draft a QB first or second or third in a 10 teamer. (unless one of the top three falls to you in R3).

Rodgers
Peyton
Brees
Stafford
Luck
Ryan
Brady
Romo
Cutler
Cam
Kaepernick
RG3
Big Ben (sleeper year!)

Load up on RB/WR for at least the first five rounds.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with TKO.. and adding.. don't be that guy. . Don't be the guy who takes a D before round 9-10.. even then it's a little sketchy, but you're talking about the 3rd!!! Take another WR, RB, sure go TE, actually would be a decent place to take a QB if you don't have one. . But not a D

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go WR/WR unless McCoy or Charles falls. No reason to consider a QB in a 10 team league in the 1st round. Remember stars win in 10 teams. If you can I wouldn't touch a QB until at least the 5-7 round range. Have to play it by ear with how things are going though. I would target someone like Russell Wilson. He's normally the last of the young QB' to go (Cam, RG3, Foles, Kaep).

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your options will be this....

RB-Lacy or Ball (I think Lacy should be the pick if you go rb. He could be a top rb this year like he was last year. If Rodgers is healthy I could see him pounding in more TDs than last year. Ball is also enticing, but he's more of a gamble this early.)

WR-Calvin (I'm not high on Calvin this year. I think you can get an equally effective fantasy receiver in the second round. However, if you think he can avoid injuries he would be a very solid 1st rounder. My thoughts are Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Brandon Marshall, AJ Green, and Julio Jones could all put up number one rated fantasy points at the wr position and you can get one of them in the late second/early third. His knee problems last year scare me and in a league where the hits to the head are spared for hits to the knees, I think he's a very risky play.)

TE-Graham (one effective strategy could be to take Graham, then stack up on Wrs and rbs in the following six rounds and getting a sleeper QB late. However, this will be tough because it will most likely leave you without either a wr1 or rb1. It's good in theory, and will give you a big advantage over most teams at TE, but that advantage will be lost at rb or we unless you have some leads on some serious sleepers.)

QB- Manning (Many are not high on Manning from this board. However, I think he is the most sure thing 1st rounder this year. He is the greatest regular season QB ever. If he stays healthy, you know he'll be the top QB with really only Brees and Rodgers challenging him for that spot. He's the only QB I would take in the top three picks, and I think I would take him at 5. I think the gap between him an the next top QB will be just as big as last year and that gives you a huge advantage. If you don't take him, I'd wait til the 80s or 90s to pick a QB. Honestly, he would be my pick at 5 if the top four rbs are taken.)

Players to avoid there are Lynch (too much wear and tear) and Foster (not a huge fan of his. I think he's showing signs of being injury prone).

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go WR/WR unless McCoy or Charles falls. No reason to consider a QB in a 10 team league in the 1st round. Remember stars win in 10 teams. If you can I wouldn't touch a QB until at least the 5-7 round range. Have to play it by ear with how things are going though. I would target someone like Russell Wilson. He's normally the last of the young QB' to go (Cam, RG3, Foles, Kaep).

spot on, minus the endorsement for Russell Wilson.
I'd go with a high volume passing attack QB like Romo/Cutler if I'm playing the 'wait on QB' game.
Tough to rely on a QB in one of the most run-heavy offenses in the league

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually quite helpful. Thanks.

I was thinking Brandon Marshall as my #1 WR and Jordy Nelson as my #2.

Would Le'Veon Bell or Demarco Murray be alright for a 2nd RB? I'm hoping Charles or Lacy will be available for me. I figured that would allow me some rounds between picking my top 2 RBs.

I don't plan on getting any rookies (maybe for bench). I want to see them do it before I pick them.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who are you taking first? Brandon Marshall? He can be had in the second I think.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who are you taking first? Brandon Marshall? He can be had in the second I think.

Here's the order of players I will probably pick first if available.

1. LeSean McCoy. 2. Jamaal Charles, 3 and 4. Brandon Marshall/Calvin Johnson, 5. Eddie Lacy

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spot on, minus the endorsement for Russell Wilson.
I'd go with a high volume passing attack QB like Romo/Cutler if I'm playing the 'wait on QB' game.
Tough to rely on a QB in one of the most run-heavy offenses in the league

Really depends on Harvin staying healthy. I would much rather have Wilson than Romo. I don't see Romo making it through the season. Cutler would be a okay choice.

As for the pick for jerms I would go McCoy, Charles, DT, AJG in that order. Some are worried about how the new offense will effect AJG. So you can bump up DT above him knowing Peyton will be a force.

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be looking at D. Thomas before Marshall, Marshall/AJ Gree/Julio Jones should be able to get in 2nd round of a 10 teamer

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have thought about Cutler and Newton. Aren't the Bears expected to be successful with passing? With Marshall and Jeffery (I am not thinking Jeffery that much, but I do think he will help out Marshall).

And I figured since Newton did good last season (at least as a team leader, not sure with fantasy points), I could go with him.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have thought about Cutler and Newton. Aren't the Bears expected to be successful with passing? With Marshall and Jeffery (I am not thinking Jeffery that much, but I do think he will help out Marshall).

And I figured since Newton did good last season (at least as a team leader, not sure with fantasy points), I could go with him.

Cam in the first!? He can be had in the third. Drafting is all about value. Take baseball for instance. I thought Jose Abreu could be the best hitter in the MLB this year and well worth a first round pick. However, he was attainable in the 12th or 13th round, so I waited to take him there.

If you think Cam can be the best QB this year, you can get him in the third round. Use your first rounder on someone else.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, should these be the only ones I consider for the 1st round?

QB - Rodgers, PManning, Brees
RB - AP, McCoy, Charles
WR - Calvin, DThomas

Last edited by a moderator:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam in the first!? He can be had in the third. Drafting is all about value. Take baseball for instance. I thought Jose Abreu could be the best hitter in the MLB this year and well worth a first round pick. However, he was attainable in the 12th or 13th round, so I waited to take him there.

If you think Cam can be the best QB this year, you can get him in the third round. Use your first rounder on someone else.

No, I'm saying as my 1st QB. Not 1st pick.

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's how the draft went last night on here to let you see how both A and B League first picks went

McCoy, Charles, AP, Forte, Lacy in B League
McCoy, AP, Ball, Forte, Charles, Lacy in A League

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's how the draft went last night on here to let you see how both A and B League first picks went

McCoy, Charles, AP, Forte, Lacy in B League
McCoy, AP, Ball, Forte, Charles, Lacy in A League

So, RBs are usually more valuable then WRs?

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's not very many good ones so if you can, grab one otherwise they go quickly. Also depends on how the scoring in your league is set up

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 teams, i would go Graham or Manning with the 5th...

You want all the advantages as you can... all teams are going to be stacked, so pick up the player that gives the most advantage...

Although this depends on the league settings...If the maximum of RB starters are 3 and if there is any PPR, i would not draft a RB in the first round with any pick later than 3rd...