• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My draft strategy this year

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year in the second CBS draft I did that was into the season I did much better and won that championship. This year I have my strategy here but my dilemma is when to draft closers.

I will definitely be going SP at least two of the first three rounds. I think I would want a solid 1b and probably one of the top 3bs which I could probably get round 3 or 4. 2b I could wait for someone like Altuve or Rendon, and OF I won't have a Trout but I will have some 50 point weeks from my pitchers so that offsets it.

I am staying away from Max Scherzer and Jose Fernandez. JF won't be available to start season anyway but I have been bit by drafting players on new teams last two years I don't want to do that again. I need to take players that are solid within their teams and have good chemistry. Nelson Cruz was an exception but he wasn't ranked high or even mid rounds. And that TJS is always something to stay away from because people don't fully recover their first year back.

I'm preparing my weaknesses to be at likely shortstop and OF at the expense of having good pitching, a good 1b and a good 3b. I'm going to need to know who are the SSs and OFs to draft mid rounds. And when to start drafting a closer? I will also be doing the RP as SP strategy this year because RPs other than a Chapman can be inconsistent as far as opportunities go but will still probably have at least one good closer(not named Chapman).

Also with me getting more into the DFS, I probably will understand matchups this year a lot more than before.