• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft strategy

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 words i am sick of hearing , "position flex " and another 2 words "scheme fit " to justify drafting for mediocre. i dont need a team of jack of all trades and master of none resulting in "just a body " in a position .

you need blue chippers , top 10 % ers to rise out of 500 yr in and yr out

another thing mayhew said was he wasnt aggressive enough

the story coming out of the grant and danny show was we were going to move up to take Avila , a blue chip C/OG so quan appears to be a consolation prize

but it does point to drafting for mediocre we are making high draft picks to replace Mccann ?

we drafted clowney # 2 overall to avg 4.5 sacks ? throw out the injury that's what he produced healthy . he had a sophomore slump is the excuse ? i dont want 2nd overall picks having sophomore slumps ? now we find out he has a commitment to football issue

and spin all you want davis is playing like a 3rd round pick not a 1st round pick so far. for me i would expect dotson type production or RK type production . anyone here thinks he rates a 5th year on his deal ? so far i dont . again drafting for mediocre

stick figure feels like a davis for me at this point

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 words i am sick of hearing , "position flex " and another 2 words "scheme fit " to justify drafting for mediocre. i dont need a team of jack of all trades and master of none resulting in "just a body " in a position .

you need blue chippers , top 10 % ers to rise out of 500 yr in and yr out

another thing mayhew said was he wasnt aggressive enough

the story coming out of the grant and danny show was we were going to move up to take Avila , a blue chip C/OG so quan appears to be a consolation prize

but it does point to drafting for mediocre we are making high draft picks to replace Mccann ?

we drafted clowney # 2 overall to avg 4.5 sacks ? throw out the injury that's what he produced healthy . he had a sophomore slump is the excuse ? i dont want 2nd overall picks having sophomore slumps ? now we find out he has a commitment to football issue

and spin all you want davis is playing like a 3rd round pick not a 1st round pick so far. for me i would expect dotson type production or RK type production . anyone here thinks he rates a 5th year on his deal ? so far i dont . again drafting for mediocre

stick figure feels like a davis for me at this point

So what would of have cost to move from 47 to 36 in the 2nd round to be Avila? #97?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what would of have cost to move from 47 to 36 in the 2nd round to be Avila? #97?
maybe a 4th but the only thing you took away from my post was what it would cost to draft avila ?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe a 4th but the only thing you took away from my post was what it would cost to draft avila ?
Obviously you don’t believe in drafting BPA. Now you can argue who they picked aren’t BPA, but it seems like you expected a lineman wether they thought they were worth a fuck or not

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as “clowney” everyone was on board with that pick. I did have my worries though, as he’s about the only starter on this roster who seems to have a problem talking in complete sentences. He’s too cool for football

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously you don’t believe in drafting BPA. Now you can argue who they picked aren’t BPA, but it seems like you expected a lineman wether they thought they were worth a fuck or not
I expect you take the best player at a position of need that brings value

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts suck without Manning
Pats suck without Brady
Green Bay will suck without Rogers
Point is. Manders will suck intill they get there qb .. maybe it's Howell maybe it's not even if manders spent in free agency or drafted great intill they get the qb problem solved your going struggle .. I come in here and all see is Stick figure stck figue value over value Meh meh blah ..

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts suck without Manning
Pats suck without Brady
Green Bay will suck without Rogers
Point is. Manders will suck intill they get there qb .. maybe it's Howell maybe it's not even if manders spent in free agency or drafted great intill they get the qb problem solved your going struggle .. I come in here and all see is Stick figure stck figue value over value Meh meh blah ..
Tell me about Hendon Hooker ?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me about Hendon Hooker ?
Haven’t heard that great of stuff about Hooker. Pros aren’t sure he can run a professional offense

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven’t heard that great of stuff about Hooker. Pros aren’t sure he can run a professional offense
coach had him going to us at 16 , thats why i asked him