• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My 2016 NFL Predictions.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be completely shocked if the Titans are 10-6 this season. They only won 3 games last year - they are going to somehow win 7 more in a season where Luck returns & the rest of the division is better?

I see them being favored in one or maybe two home games (CLE & maybe JAX). The road schedule is somewhat easier but still involves games at MIA, CHI, KC & SD in addition to their division rivals. Really have a hard time seeing 10 wins in all of that (especially when yes they have more talent but it is very young & prone to mistakes & in need of more experience).

I have them going 8-8, and that's IF they get at least 6 of the home games because on the road is just tough for a young QB to pull out wins.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well IDK across the board, but I like your AFCN DIV winner pick.

Admittedly this is half baked but I'm taking a stab at this

AFCE

NE...11-5
BUF..9-7
MIA..9-7
NYJ..8-8

AFCN

PIT...12-4
CIN...9-7
BAL...9-7
CLE...5-11

AFCS

IND...10-6
HOU...9-7
TN....8-8
JAX...8-8

AFCW

KC...10-6
OAK...9-7
DEN...9-7
SD.....8-8

NFCE

DAL...9-7
WAS...9-7
PHI...9-7
NYG...8-8

NFCN

GB...12-4
MIN..10-6
CHI..9-7
DET..9-7

NFCS

CAR...11-5
ATL...9-7
TB....9-7
NO...8-8

NFCW

AZ....11-5
SEA...10-6
LA....8-8
SF....7-9
Not even going to add that up but you definitely have way too many wins there.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the best case scenario for Tennessee is what happened to Oakland last year. The Titans were so bad last year that mediocrity would seem like a huge step forward.

Jacksonville is a totally different story. They could be the next Seattle Seahawks or just the Tampa Bay Bucs in terms of what they are bringing next year in terms of talent. I might move them up a bit once I see everything in motion but I think they are in the wrong division and that might sound silly since the AFC South has been so weak for so long but I think it could be pretty good next year. I might adjust the Jags up to 9-7 or 10-6 if I get more confident in Bortles and their defense. It all looks really good on paper but I was never big on Dante Fowler or Prince Amukamara and Ramsey might need a year.

TN will be better, but not 7 games better...they will do well to go 8-8.

I have both JAX and TN going 8-8, but I can see a case for JAX going 9-7, but the 1st 4 games are going to be tough...I'm thinking (1-3) out the gate.

I'm going IDK on Fowler at this point, but I don't expect him to have a huge yr...what I do like about JAX is they brought in a seasoned LT, but a lot of key new players to mold into a solid team in a short time...I think '17 should be a better yr.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which DIV?

It is an overall thing. You have more wins than losses across the board meaning somehow teams were able to win games without teams actually taking a loss.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is an overall thing. You have more wins than losses across the board meaning somehow teams were able to win games without teams actually taking a loss.

Oh...I said it was half baked...will revisit this evening.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TN will be better, but not 7 games better...they will do well to go 8-8.

I have both JAX and TN going 8-8, but I can see a case for JAX going 9-7, but the 1st 4 games are going to be tough...I'm thinking (1-3) out the gate.

I'm going IDK on Fowler at this point, but I don't expect him to have a huge yr...what I do like about JAX is they brought in a seasoned LT, but a lot of key new players to mold into a solid team in a short time...I think '17 should be a better yr.
Its possible. I think the AFC South is going to be up this year and the AFC North (minus the Steelers) is going to be down this year. Wouldn't shock me at all if the Browns went 1-15 and the Bengals look a bit gutted.

Meanwhile the Colts are getting Luck back and he might have a better year and the Titans have no where to go but up. Jags made more moves than anyone and if they could get even an average defense then they could flirt with 10 wins. Texans look to be improving their passing game and still have Watt playing in his prime.

I might be tweaking some predictions more in a month or two.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh...I said it was half baked...will revisit this evening.
I think it's fully baked. You have 30 of the 32 teams at .500 or better. Poor CLE and SF. That's okay. I appreciate the effort. If you redo it make sure the W-L record comes out 256-256.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 13 of the last 14 seasons a team has gone from worst-to-first in their division. Which team(s) has the best shot of accomplishing this feat this year? I have two in mind...DAL and TEN. I give the other 6 a slim-to-none chance.

AFC East--MIA (6-10)
AFC North--CLE (3-13)
AFC South--TEN (3-13)
AFC West--SD (4-12)

NFC East--DAL (4-12)
NFC North--CHI (6-10)
NFC South--TB (6-10)
NFC West--SF (5-11)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 13 of the last 14 seasons a team has gone from worst-to-first in their division. Which team(s) has the best shot of accomplishing this feat this year? I have two in mind...DAL and TEN. I give the other 6 a slim-to-none chance.

AFC East--MIA (6-10)
AFC North--CLE (3-13)
AFC South--TEN (3-13)
AFC West--SD (4-12)

NFC East--DAL (4-12)
NFC North--CHI (6-10)
NFC South--TB (6-10)
NFC West--SF (5-11)
1. Dallas. Easily. I'd say about a 30% chance
2. Bears. Probably around 15%
3. Tampa Bay though Carolina falling would be more surprising than Tampa Bay being good. 10%
4. Miami. New coach, no Brady for a couple of weeks. 10%~

Everyone else is probably 5-9% fringe chances.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants, Colts and Titans were all in the bottom quarter of the league in PPG allowed last year. IND and NYG were both also at the bottom in yards allowed. The Packers' three non-divisional losses last year were @DEN, @CAR, @ARI.

Predicting the Giants and Colts to come into Lambeau with their shoddy defenses and inconsistent offenses and outscore the Packers is pretty bold.
I would be willing to bet that you guys split with the Vikes too

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 new division winners.
5 new playoff teams (marked with *).

AFC East
(2)NE (11-5)
BUF (7-9)
NYJ (7-9)
MIA (4-12)

AFC North
(1)PIT (12-4)
CIN (8-8)
BAL (7-9)
CLE (5-11)

AFC South
(4)TEN (10-6)*
(5)IND (10-6)*

HOU (7-9)
JAX (6-10)

AFC West
(3)OAK (11-5)*
(6)KC (10-6)

DEN (8-8)
SD (6-10)
----------
NFC East
(4)NYG (10-6)*
DAL (8-8)
WAS (7-9)
PHI (4-12)

NFC North
(1)GB (12-4)
MIN (9-7)
CHI (8-8)
DET (4-12)

NFC South
(3)CAR (11-5)
(6)TB (10-6)*

ATL (7-9)
NO (6-10)

NFC West
(2)SEA (12-4)
(5)ARZ (11-5)

LA (5-11)
SF (3-13)

Who's with me?

I like the Raiders and Bucc's picks... I'd be surprised if GB finishes any better than 10-6 this year personally...

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be trippy if you did agree with PhilSimms.. But i do think the Giants win the East this year.. They loaded up that roster..
If the Giants win the East, I think it would have more to do with how weak the division is than the three players they overpaid for in free agency. And I pretty much disagree with everything, not just the Giants winning the East part. Titans won't sniff the division. Chiefs will run away with the West. GB not head and shoulders above the rest of their division. Also, I think the Bengals are better than the Steelers yet he has the Steelers winning the division by four games.

Last edited:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have them going 8-8, and that's IF they get at least 6 of the home games because on the road is just tough for a young QB to pull out wins.

Beyond their division rivals the Titans home games are against the Packers, Vikings, Broncos, Raiders & Browns. Beyond the Browns do you honestly see them winning any of those games?

I really believe that some folks put these predictions together without really analyzing the team, schedule or many other factors.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really believe that some folks put these predictions together without really analyzing the team, schedule or many other factors.
You're absolutely right. I don't see the point in "analyzing". You could make these predictions the way I do or do it the Stephen Hawking way and be just as wrong. If people want to put on a lab coat and use a slide rule with analytics and what-not be my guest. One thing I do, however, is make sure my wins and losses total 256-256.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Giants win the East, I think it would have more to do with how weak the division is than the three players they overpaid for in free agency. And I pretty much disagree with everything, not just the Giants winning the East part. Titans won't sniff the division. Chiefs will run away with the West. GB not head and shoulders above the rest of their division. Also, I think the Bengals are better than the Steelers yet he has the Steelers winning the division by four games.
Not only do i think the Giants win the East, but have a solid shot at reaching the SB, IMHO..
If Eli Manning gets on a roll, they will be hard to beat.. Alot of fire power on that team.. Now i do think the Cowboys, Skins and maybe Philly have a chance, i just give the edge to the Giants as of now..

And KC ain't running away with anything, the division is to evenly matched.. Now i would not be shocked if they won the division, they have a good team and coaching staff.. And let's not forget we have the defending champs and rebuilt Bolts in our division as well.. Ain't nobody running away with anything!! But i give the edge to the RAIDERS..

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with GB and Titans completely.

Giants? Eh, I thought Eli had a pretty stellar year last year. If 'bad Eli' shows up or even 'average Eli' then you're subtracting 7 TDS and/or adding 6 INTS. I do think the Giants are a team that should be trending up from last year but Janoris Jenkins was a product of the Rams rush and I'm low on Eli Apple next year as he is at least a year out imo. I have the Giants finishing 2nd though if Romo gets hurt then I do think they are the favorite.

The Bengals worry me because I don't feel like they did anything to get better. I could be wrong on that front, though. I think I've always been skeptical of Dalton for not doing more with the Super Bowl caliber roster he has but he was really, really good for most of last year. I could see them in the playoffs again. 50/50

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only do i think the Giants win the East, but have a solid shot at reaching the SB, IMHO..
If Eli Manning gets on a roll, they will be hard to beat.. Alot of fire power on that team.. Now i do think the Cowboys, Skins and maybe Philly have a chance, i just give the edge to the Giants as of now..

And KC ain't running away with anything, the division is to evenly matched.. Now i would not be shocked if they won the division, they have a good team and coaching staff.. And let's not forget we have the defending champs and rebuilt Bolts in our division as well.. Ain't nobody running away with anything!! But i give the edge to the RAIDERS..
I'm interested to see what Ben McAdoo will bring to the G Men? Coughlin was a main stay and that alone you would think was goof for a couple victories a year. It's going to be tough to pick the Giants in my football pools on most weeks.