• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mustang hits 150 m.p.h. on Colorado interstate; cops give up chase

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about self control.
Binge eating kills more people per year than speeding.
you binge eating doesn't kill me.

you driving irresponsibly and losing control could kill me.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you binge eating doesn't kill me.

you driving irresponsibly and losing control could kill me.
Depends who youre binge eating...

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You binge eating kills you.
My driving doesn't kill anyone.

You really are as stupid as ill had concluded or you're just trolling. Badly. You arguments are those of a complete moron, and I had no dog in the fight and drove fast cars. Anyone with half a brain understands, as I did when I 20 fucking years old, that if you drive really fast on public roads you are danger to yourself and, wait for it, others as well.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really are as stupid as ill had concluded or you're just trolling. Badly. You arguments are those of a complete moron, and I had no dog in the fight and drove fast cars. Anyone with half a brain understands, as I did when I 20 fucking years old, that if you drive really fast on public roads you are danger to yourself and, wait for it, others as well.

Look, I don't drive 150 in a school zone, I don't drive 150 on the interstate. ill made the comment all cars should be governed and most already are. Neither my Explorer nor my wife's Jeep will do 150.
While I don't drive 150, I also do not particularly care for the idea of anyone controlling what I can and cannot do. Set the governor at 150? Why not 120? Highest speed limit I am aware of is 85 in Texas. Set it there perhaps?
But in Montana there isn't a speed limit during the day. Only a fine for wasting fuel.

Control that aspect of everybody's lives, why stop there?
8 round magazine limits, sugary drink limits, etc.
I have two hand guns both with 8 round magazines, but I don't think anyone should tell me I can't have higher capacity magazines. I don't drink soda either (Pop, tonic...), or slushies.
But I don't want to be told no, I can't have two. I wear my seat belt and think seat belt laws are stupid too.

I don't want to control you and your pleasures or habits, I don't want you (or ill) to control me or mine.

Yes speed limits exist for reasons. The economy and environment mostly.
Read the research and not the propaganda and you will see most "Speeders" are paying greater attention to their task at hand and are not a hazard to those around them. It is the people that are driving under the limits and are not fully engaged on driving at all. They are the ones placing the rest of us in danger.
How fast would you drive if speed limits were never instituted?
How fast would you drive if speedometers had never been invented?
You would drive where you felt comfortable in regards to road and traffic conditions. I make that assumption, maybe you live a little more or less dangerous than some I don't know.

I drive where I am comfortable the majority of the time. I also pay keen attention to everything going on around me as I have been trained and I practice. I drive in the right lane, except to pass. I use my signal to change lanes. I get out of the way of people who are driving faster than I.

I was on California Highway 178 (I believe) north of Trona, CA and didn't think I was going to make the gas station before it closed. Yeah, I was flying low. 150? Hmm..
I think the F18's kept buzzing me because they were impressed.
But I could see for miles and can assure you I was not in any danger to anybody or anything but tumbleweed.

And try to keep the insults to a minimum, they don't serve to make you any more impressive and you are better than that.
But I will try to put much greater effort into trolling, thanks for the opportunity to improve.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Negative, it is dangerous.
But in places where the road goes on forever in places like the west it's exciting.
Hell I have topped out over 130 in Massachusetts on a sport bike in the middle of the night.

This is a bad ass version of the song. The jamming at the middle/end is off the hook.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you want to take the governor off for a drag strip, then the car is not street legal. Simple solution.

If you get pulled over driving a car with the gov off, you go to jail.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wear panties. You may as well admit it Sissy.

I wore panties once probably fifteen years or so ago. I woke up hungover and cranky and I had no clean underwear because Mrs Redfoot hadn't done the laundry. So, in my addled state, I decided to teach her a lesson by wearing a pair of her panties to work. . .

Only lesson she learned that day is that I can be a retard. I learned that there's no room for cock and balls in a pair of a petite woman's panties.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you know what? I ran 7 miles on Saturday. I ran 6.4 yesterday and 3 on Tuesday. I have a 15k (9.3miles) race this Saturday. I am doing everything I can from smoothies or salads to running my poor knees off.

You do all that and you're still 30 lbs overweight? What the fuck do you eat? Oreo Cheeseburgers?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I don't drive 150 in a school zone, I don't drive 150 on the interstate. ill made the comment all cars should be governed and most already are. Neither my Explorer nor my wife's Jeep will do 150.
While I don't drive 150, I also do not particularly care for the idea of anyone controlling what I can and cannot do. Set the governor at 150? Why not 120? Highest speed limit I am aware of is 85 in Texas. Set it there perhaps?
But in Montana there isn't a speed limit during the day. Only a fine for wasting fuel.

Control that aspect of everybody's lives, why stop there?
8 round magazine limits, sugary drink limits, etc.
I have two hand guns both with 8 round magazines, but I don't think anyone should tell me I can't have higher capacity magazines. I don't drink soda either (Pop, tonic...), or slushies.
But I don't want to be told no, I can't have two. I wear my seat belt and think seat belt laws are stupid too.

I don't want to control you and your pleasures or habits, I don't want you (or ill) to control me or mine.

Yes speed limits exist for reasons. The economy and environment mostly.
Read the research and not the propaganda and you will see most "Speeders" are paying greater attention to their task at hand and are not a hazard to those around them. It is the people that are driving under the limits and are not fully engaged on driving at all. They are the ones placing the rest of us in danger.
How fast would you drive if speed limits were never instituted?
How fast would you drive if speedometers had never been invented?
You would drive where you felt comfortable in regards to road and traffic conditions. I make that assumption, maybe you live a little more or less dangerous than some I don't know.

I drive where I am comfortable the majority of the time. I also pay keen attention to everything going on around me as I have been trained and I practice. I drive in the right lane, except to pass. I use my signal to change lanes. I get out of the way of people who are driving faster than I.

I was on California Highway 178 (I believe) north of Trona, CA and didn't think I was going to make the gas station before it closed. Yeah, I was flying low. 150? Hmm..
I think the F18's kept buzzing me because they were impressed.
But I could see for miles and can assure you I was not in any danger to anybody or anything but tumbleweed.

And try to keep the insults to a minimum, they don't serve to make you any more impressive and you are better than that.
But I will try to put much greater effort into trolling, thanks for the opportunity to improve.

Hey I was just reacting to the posts I read. And again I was one of those guy, I had fast cars and wound them out all the time. It was a blast and yes I knew how to drive way better than most anyone around me. But as I said I never for a second pretended that a vehicle going twice the speed limit is not a danger to both the driver and the people around him because that is obvious . That was ill's point, a point you continued to ignore in your rant about personal freedoms. Some laws exist in the name of public safety, over sized trucks or firing a gun in the air in an urban setting for instance. And there's not a damned thing wrong with that IMO.

But back to the issue a car driving fast IS a danger to others despite how good the driver is. A car could pull out, not realizing you were going 95 on an open stretch of a 45 MPH road. A good friend in High School was in a car that this happened to. The driver went to cross a large wide open road late one night, missed 2nd gear (3 on the tree) and a car driven by another classmate going over 100 t- boned them and killed the driver. When he pulled out they could not tell that car was going that fast.

You could have a tire could go at 150 and kill everyone around you. Anything can happen and for you to ignore that and insist a fast driver is not a danger to others is simply not true and resulted in the reactions you got.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do all that and you're still 30 lbs overweight? What the fuck do you eat? Oreo Cheeseburgers?

1 herniated disc and 1 ruptured disc last year meant my workouts were curtailed.
I don't run fast.

And my metabolism slowed after 40.

It almost stopped after 50.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 herniated disc and 1 ruptured disc last year meant my workouts were curtailed.
I don't run fast.

And my metabolism slowed after 40.

It almost stopped after 50.

Man don't that suck? Like most I was skinny when young, was a good weight well into my 40's. But as I approched 50 things changed big time even though I did and ate the same things. Now i'm 59, I've got a gut and I'm maybe 25 pounds overweight. And it's clearly not going anywhere.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I was just reacting to the posts I read. And again I was one of those guy, I had fast cars and wound them out all the time. It was a blast and yes I knew how to drive way better than most anyone around me. But as I said I never for a second pretended that a vehicle going twice the speed limit is not a danger to both the driver and the people around him because that is obvious . That was ill's point, a point you continued to ignore in your rant about personal freedoms. Some laws exist in the name of public safety, over sized trucks or firing a gun in the air in an urban setting for instance. And there's not a damned thing wrong with that IMO.

But back to the issue a car driving fast IS a danger to others despite how good the driver is. A car could pull out, not realizing you were going 95 on an open stretch of a 45 MPH road. A good friend in High School was in a car that this happened to. The driver went to cross a large wide open road late one night, missed 2nd gear (3 on the tree) and a car driven by another classmate going over 100 t- boned them and killed the driver. When he pulled out they could not tell that car was going that fast.

You could have a tire could go at 150 and kill everyone around you. Anything can happen and for you to ignore that and insist a fast driver is not a danger to others is simply not true and resulted in the reactions you got.

ill's comment was "all cars should have governors".
From his post;
"all cars should have governors installed. No one needs to go 150 mph"
I do not agree with his opinion. Either of them.
Was the person that drove 150 eluding the police wrong?
YES!
Was the person who eluded the police endangering others lives? I assume so. His or hers and the LEO's at the least. I do not know what road they were on or the conditions but I assume it was highly dangerous to the general population.
Did I ignore that?
No. Well maybe, I did give a theoretical thumbs up, but not to ill.

Personal freedoms are worth ranting about. Especially as the 1st Amendment, 2nd Amendment and now 4th Amendment are all under heavy fire.

Yes. Many things can go wrong. At any time, in any situation. When driving or not driving.
I do not condone driving fast in traffic, in bad weather, in a school zone, in a box or with a fox.

I too know of people who died in car accidents. Quite a few. some involved speed, some involved alcohol, and some both.

Yes, some people are dangerous to be around. Some people that are driving fast are dangerous to be around. Some speeds are more dangerous regardless if anyone is around or not.

I never insisted otherwise.

I insisted ill was wrong that "all cars should have governors installed. No one needs to go 150 mph".
I have been to track days in street legal cars, modified for safety but not performance. That is a personal freedom we should all have the opportunity to enjoy. Whether ill wants to, or wants anyone else to or not.

Thankfully, not his decision.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man don't that suck? Like most I was skinny when young, was a good weight well into my 40's. But as I approched 50 things changed big time even though I did and ate the same things. Now i'm 59, I've got a gut and I'm maybe 25 pounds overweight. And it's clearly not going anywhere.

Paleo type diets help. For me anyway. Mostly meats.
I do some whole grains that are not "Paleo" as well as things like peanuts.
But limit the breads and sugars. Otherwise I would easily be 50 over.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill's comment was "all cars should have governors".
From his post;
"all cars should have governors installed. No one needs to go 150 mph"
I do not agree with his opinion. Either of them.
Was the person that drove 150 eluding the police wrong?
YES!
Was the person who eluded the police endangering others lives? I assume so. His or hers and the LEO's at the least. I do not know what road they were on or the conditions but I assume it was highly dangerous to the general population.
Did I ignore that?
No. Well maybe, I did give a theoretical thumbs up, but not to ill.

Personal freedoms are worth ranting about. Especially as the 1st Amendment, 2nd Amendment and now 4th Amendment are all under heavy fire.

Yes. Many things can go wrong. At any time, in any situation. When driving or not driving.
I do not condone driving fast in traffic, in bad weather, in a school zone, in a box or with a fox.

I too know of people who died in car accidents. Quite a few. some involved speed, some involved alcohol, and some both.

Yes, some people are dangerous to be around. Some people that are driving fast are dangerous to be around. Some speeds are more dangerous regardless if anyone is around or not.

I never insisted otherwise.

I insisted ill was wrong that "all cars should have governors installed. No one needs to go 150 mph".
I have been to track days in street legal cars, modified for safety but not performance. That is a personal freedom we should all have the opportunity to enjoy. Whether ill wants to, or wants anyone else to or not.

Thankfully, not his decision.

You Personal Freedom guys crack me up. Should you be free to shoot a gun straight up in the air in a city park? Practice ninja with a live sword on a city street? Drive an overweight tractor trailer down a mountain or scream fire (1st Amendment) in a theater creating massive panic and possible injuries? No there are laws in place for public safety and they exist for a reason.

If you feel you should be allowed to drive 150 MPH then why do we have speed limits at all? Hell go as fast as you like in neighborhoods with kids. Oh right, you said you would not do that. So we are left for the drivers and not the law to decide what is safe and what is not? Yeah I don't want to live on a road where some random 18 year old with his buddies in a Camero decided 100 MPH was a safe speed for my street. I agree with ill, there is no reason what so ever a car should be driving 150 MPH. And of course where I jumped into the conversation was when you failed to acknowledge driving that fast is both a danger to you and a danger to others as well. For some reason that was how where argument morphed into and that's where you were totally wrong.

Laws exist for a reason. You better get used to that fact.

Last edited:

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did it ever come out what kind/year of Mustang it was and what kind of power plant it had.
Be nice to know some details.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Personal Freedom guys crack me up. Should you be free to shoot a gun straight up in the air in a city park? Practice ninja with a live sword on a city street? Drive an overweight tractor trailer down a mountain or scream fire (1st Amendment) in a theater creating massive panic and possible injuries? No there are laws in place for public safety and they exist for a reason.

If you feel you should be allowed to drive 150 MPH then why do we have speed limits at all? Hell go as fast as you like in neighborhoods with kids. Oh right, you said you would not do that. So we are left for the drivers and not the law to decide what is safe and what is not? Yeah I don't want to live on a road where some random 18 year old with his buddies in a Camero decided 100 MPH was a safe speed for my street. I agree with ill, there is no reason what so ever a car should be driving 150 MPH. And of course where I jumped into the conversation was when you failed to acknowledge driving that fast is both a danger to you and a danger to others as well. For some reason that was how where argument morphed into and that's where you were totally wrong.

Laws exist for a reason. You better get used to that fact.

Nope, shooting into the air in central park of any given city not the same thing as having the opportunity to take a fast car to a track day. Going to the gun range would be a much better analogy. Do I think I should be able to own 15 round magazines to use at the gun range? Yes. Do I think I should be able to own a car that will do 150 and take it to a road coarse near me or a drag strip near me? Yes. Should I be able to yell "Fire!" in a theater? No. Should I be able to yell fire in front of my TV? Yes.
Should I be able to put the hammer down on a deserted highway coming out of Death Valley on a Thursday evening in June so I don't have to spend the night in the desert? Absofuckinglutely.
Obviously we have speed limits to protect us from our selves in most locations in most situations. The Babylon of driving styles would be incomprehensible without rules to follow. Cash cow for local municipalities is another discussion altogether.

Again, I don't want to drive 150 to the post office, to the school, to the grocery store, or even to work.
Are there times I break the speed limit? Yes. Yesterday on my way to Nashville I did 75 in a 70. People were passing me too. They passed cops sitting in the median because accepted speed on I 24 is about 80mph.

My disagreement with ill's blanket statement is because we do not all fit under one blanket. Not because I think we should have a wild west highway system.

Driverless cars are coming soon enough. Too soon.
People like ill will have their way. The automated system will decide how fast you get anywhere, and schmucks will be free to post selfies on facefuck their whole ride to and from work or play.

And, geez mom, I am used to laws by now. I abide by them as much as anyone else.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, shooting into the air in central park of any given city not the same thing as having the opportunity to take a fast car to a track day. Going to the gun range would be a much better analogy. Do I think I should be able to own 15 round magazines to use at the gun range? Yes. Do I think I should be able to own a car that will do 150 and take it to a road coarse near me or a drag strip near me? Yes. Should I be able to yell "Fire!" in a theater? No. Should I be able to yell fire in front of my TV? Yes.
Should I be able to put the hammer down on a deserted highway coming out of Death Valley on a Thursday evening in June so I don't have to spend the night in the desert? Absofuckinglutely.
Obviously we have speed limits to protect us from our selves in most locations in most situations. The Babylon of driving styles would be incomprehensible without rules to follow. Cash cow for local municipalities is another discussion altogether.

Again, I don't want to drive 150 to the post office, to the school, to the grocery store, or even to work.
Are there times I break the speed limit? Yes. Yesterday on my way to Nashville I did 75 in a 70. People were passing me too. They passed cops sitting in the median because accepted speed on I 24 is about 80mph.

My disagreement with ill's blanket statement is because we do not all fit under one blanket. Not because I think we should have a wild west highway system.

Driverless cars are coming soon enough. Too soon.
People like ill will have their way. The automated system will decide how fast you get anywhere, and schmucks will be free to post selfies on facefuck their whole ride to and from work or play.

And, geez mom, I am used to laws by now. I abide by them as much as anyone else.

Wait I did not see your argument limited to 150 MPH at a track. That's a totally different argument than the ones I saw you making, which was driving fast on public rads is not a danger to others and I don't want the government telling me what I can do.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you fuck sticks gtfo with your trolling political/philosophical bull shit? It’s a car forum. Not a forum for you to shit all over the place by arguing just to be an asshole. It’s supposed to be about fun. Either y’all cars or gtfo.