• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Shouldn't Give Up on Fields

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem here, is that we won't be in a position like this again. It's amazing that we are here for the second year in a row. There won't be a third, and no amount of capital we may hypothetically gain this year, will be enough to secure this position again.

Between that, and the contract situations, I just don't see how they can stay pat.
I compare Jf to JL and I see JL with all day to burp the baby while JF runs for his life. I expect the #1 pick will go to a desperate team for no less than this years and next years first. I hope we get to see JF with a better line and a 2nd weapon in the wide receiver room not to mention seeing how our new oc calls plays before cutting him loose. Does anyone think Brock Purdee can get the bears to the super bowl if SF would take the first pick for him?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I compare Jf to JL and I see JL with all day to burp the baby while JF runs for his life. I expect the #1 pick will go to a desperate team for no less than this years and next years first. I hope we get to see JF with a better line and a 2nd weapon in the wide receiver room not to mention seeing how our new oc calls plays before cutting him loose. Does anyone think Brock Purdee can get the bears to the super bowl if SF would take the first pick for him?

NO......do you tjink Purdy would take Baltimore to the Championship....??
KC to the SuperBowl.....??

Brock should just stay right where hrs at with all those stars on that team.....

He goes elsewhere,hes an average qb.......
Right now Idrather have Jordan Love than him.......and it still remains to be seen if he can do it again next season......

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears o-line is middle of the pack. They're not great, but they're not shit either. The offense as a whole are not great against the blitz.

With that said, inconsistent QB play only makes matters worse. Far too many of the sacks are on Fields. You only need to look to the sack rate of the games Bagent played to realize that it's definitely not all the line's fault. Dude holds the ball waay too long. Too scared to trust his WRs, arm and reads.

Waaaay too much of this kinda shit...

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please keep Justin Fields :suds:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personality dont see why the Bears cant do both A. Trade Fields and B. Trade 1

You'd get a 2 or a 3 for Fields, add a ton of draft capital by trading 1 and you'd still have 2 top 10 picks to draft a QB

Plus a ton of money to spend in FA

The narrative they need to choose one or the other is completely made up

You want MHJ? Trade down to 2 so Wash can get Caleb done that's who they want

Take MHJ at 2 then go QB at 8 our trade back again and add more

Imo there's not enough separation between Williams and the next tier guys like Penix/Nix/JJ to have it make sense to take Caleb at 1 if you're not sold sold on him

Reactions: DJ

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personality dont see why the Bears cant do both A. Trade Fields and B. Trade 1

You'd get a 2 or a 3 for Fields, add a ton of draft capital by trading 1 and you'd still have 2 top 10 picks to draft a QB

Imo there's not enough separation between Williams and the next tier guys like Penix/Nix/JJ to have it make sense to take Caleb at 1 if you're not sold sold on him

Bears just need to take who they think is the best QB among the group of Fields and all the rookies. If that is Caleb Williams, fine. If that is neither Fields nor Williams, fine but if you trade down you ABSOLUTELY must not trade down further than ensuring that player is draftable. Since the draft can be such a crapshoot the safest play is guarantee you get the QB you want...and that means staying with Fields or just simply drafting "your" QB at 1.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If there's no separation between Celeb and the rest of the QB class then how much of a haul do you expect the Bears would get? :noidea:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's no separation between Celeb and the rest of the QB class then how much of a haul do you expect the Bears would get? :noidea:
From Wash i think a lot given they're only moving one spot but Caleb is a big deal to them

Plus I'm sure there are teams who think there's more separation than i do

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, a hearty endorsement from the team Prez for sticking with Fields or a smokescreen in an attempt to build up his trade value?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.......

You know,being retired means I dont have much to do other than watch these sports talk shows,and every morning theres always talk on JF......
This morning Get Up has Mike Tannenbaum and Bart Svott as todays guests.....
They were asked best places for JF to go:

Bart says Atl,he goes to Atl and they use the rpo correctly with Bijan Robinson and its a start for the JF HOF trajectory......lol

Tannenbaum say he thinks hes a top 12 qbif he goes to Atl......

Tannenbaum is closer to JFs cieling,but Barts take,I just dont know what to say but,dude how are you an analyst,other than to start up controversy......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming Poles does give up on Fields, here's a suggestion of him traded to the Steelers:

Makes for a decent read, altho the article focuses on how the Steelers should approach the situation between Fields and Pickett. There's no specific package offer other than Fields would come at a cost, likely in the form of draft picks. The Steelers are picking 20th this year. That should merit a possible 1st round or no worse than a 2nd round with a couple of later picks thrown in, perhaps stretching over to '25 as well.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming Poles does give up on Fields, here's a suggestion of him traded to the Steelers:

Makes for a decent read, altho the article focuses on how the Steelers should approach the situation between Fields and Pickett. There's no specific package offer other than Fields would come at a cost, likely in the form of draft picks. The Steelers are picking 20th this year. That should merit a possible 1st round or no worse than a 2nd round with a couple of later picks thrown in, perhaps stretching over to '25 as well.

Ive been hearing that on the talk shows......

A few have been saying his best bet is going to Atl,weak division,even just as weak conference......
He goes to Pittsburgh,with all the top qbs over in the AFC,the defenses of Cleveland twice,Baltimore twife and a good Bengals def,he wont be going far in the pllayoffs and will get swsllowed up over there.
Atleast in Atl he gets NO twice,Bucs twice and Carolina......

I hope for the best wherever he goes.....hes a great teammate.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw an opinion article suggesting the Browns go after Fields.

The reason being that Watson still has an unresolved misconduct case to be settled. Some are suggesting Watson may receive another suspension based on this open case. (And suspensions usually get longer for multiple offenses.) Acquiring Fields (who played in Ohio) would also irritate the Steelers who apparently have shown interest.

Admittedly, the article said the Browns would have to find some creative cap adjustments.

:pop2:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot_20240220-043038~2.png
Its Happening The Office GIF by NBC

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears o-line is middle of the pack. They're not great, but they're not shit either. The offense as a whole are not great against the blitz.

With that said, inconsistent QB play only makes matters worse. Far too many of the sacks are on Fields. You only need to look to the sack rate of the games Bagent played to realize that it's definitely not all the line's fault. Dude holds the ball waay too long. Too scared to trust his WRs, arm and reads.

Waaaay too much of this kinda shit...
So pathetic. What does he think football is? Get the ball to your playmakers, dumbass.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw an opinion article suggesting the Browns go after Fields.

The reason being that Watson still has an unresolved misconduct case to be settled. Some are suggesting Watson may receive another suspension based on this open case. (And suspensions usually get longer for multiple offenses.) Acquiring Fields (who played in Ohio) would also irritate the Steelers who apparently have shown interest.

Admittedly, the article said the Browns would have to find some creative cap adjustments.

:pop2:
The Browns will probably never trade for a QB ever again.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True.