• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Shouldn't Give Up on Fields

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It absolutely won't happen this year unless Wilson gets hurt. He is 10X the QB that Fields is. If he is healthy, there is next-to-no chance Fields starts.
Agreed - Fields is a total bust - he won’t be playing unless Russ gets injured. The Steelers will be looking for a new franchise QB in a year or two IMO, I’m not sure how much Russ has left in the tank, and Fields just isn’t the answer.
Of course I expect some Steeler fans to clamor for Fields the minute Russ has a bad game. And I could see Russ struggling some given the Steelers mediocre receiving unit and shaky O-Line. I think the Steelers will have to rely on defense and the rushing game. But I don’t see Fields starting.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed - Fields is a total bust - he won’t be playing unless Russ gets injured. The Steelers will be looking for a new franchise QB in a year or two IMO, I’m not sure how much Russ has left in the tank, and Fields just isn’t the answer.
Of course I expect some Steeler fans to clamor for Fields the minute Russ has a bad game. And I could see Russ struggling some given the Steelers mediocre receiving unit and shaky O-Line. I think the Steelers will have to rely on defense and the rushing game. But I don’t see Fields starting.

The Falcons hated Fields so much that they went out and got 2 quarterbacks for huge prices just to be sure he didn't end up in Atlanta.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Justin Fields laughs off idea that he’ll run kicks back for the Steelers: ‘I’m not here to do that’​

oops.
well read an article today where Wilson said Fields is not close to his level at quarterback, so lets see what happens when he is a gadget QB on third down and he just tucks and runs the ball.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well read an article today where Wilson said Fields is not close to his level at quarterback, so lets see what happens when he is a gadget QB on third down and he just tucks and runs the ball.

I seriously doubt Wilson would say that about someone else.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It absolutely won't happen this year unless Wilson gets hurt. He is 10X the QB that Fields is. If he is healthy, there is next-to-no chance Fields starts.
While this may be spot on, there were reports that Tomlin really wanted Fields. Cant rule out a "coaching decision" by Tomlin to start Fields. Coaches make bad decisions too.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While this may be spot on, there were reports that Tomlin really wanted Fields. Cant rule out a "coaching decision" by Tomlin to start Fields. Coaches make bad decisions too.
That would be a fireable offense.

Wilson is coming off a 26 TD, 8 INT, 3000 yd season while on one of the worst teams in the league. He is light years better than Fields.

Tomlin is a good coach, but he ain't THAT good.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin is a good coach, but he ain't THAT good.
Coaches have there "excuses"... Such as: it was a bad read, or a missed assignment, or the defense made a good play, or poor execution. It was never actually the coach.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the Steelers braintrust will come up with some set plays where Fields steps in for Wilson. And figuring Tomlin's penchant for flair, don't be surprised seeing both QBs on the field at the same time here and there.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson makes 39.21 million this season. 1.21 contract plus the 38 million owed on his bronco contract.

They will see how Fields responds to being a backup, see if he can learn anything, keep the playing time down so they only lose the 6th round pick next year, then try to get him for less than the 5th year option of 25 million. If Wilson performs and gets them to the playoffs, he will be the next 60 million dollar man.

Tomlin is not the longest tenured coach in the NFL for no reason. He was on a creaky bridge last year and pulled off a good season. This is a decision that can end his reign and the Steelers can be going with a rookie QB next year and a new coach

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson makes 39.21 million this season. 1.21 contract plus the 38 million owed on his bronco contract.

They will see how Fields responds to being a backup, see if he can learn anything, keep the playing time down so they only lose the 6th round pick next year, then try to get him for less than the 5th year option of 25 million. If Wilson performs and gets them to the playoffs, he will be the next 60 million dollar man.

Tomlin is not the longest tenured coach in the NFL for no reason. He was on a creaky bridge last year and pulled off a good season. This is a decision that can end his reign and the Steelers can be going with a rookie QB next year and a new coach

I don't think the Steelers care what Denver is paying Wilson.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos are on the hook for 38 million.

That's why the Steelers signed him to the minimum.

Some people just shouldn't discuss things they are clueless of.