• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

muh Chase Young

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't much of a factor against Clemson in the biggest game of the year for Ohio State.

I’ve said it every year, you can also attribute some of that to these guys talking to agents in December. What do you think an agent told him? I know... and I’m not saying he didn’t bring his A game, but it’s in the back of these players minds. That’s tough

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an NFL rush end. That is his future in the league. Granted, he has the makings to be a pretty damned good one and will be a top five pick. But, fair or unfair DE's are going to have a limited impact on any game. Depends greatly on the offensive scheme they are facing. Some games simply because of matchups it may seem like he isn't as involved, others he is in the thick of it
and so it would have been crazy for him to be up for the heisman

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and so it would have been crazy for him to be up for the heisman

yep, Dobbins was the one who got screwed hardest over that nonsense. Young had no business being there, neither did Fields, Fields is an INT waiting to happen vs a team with any defense as evidenced last night, kid should have had 3-4 INT's had Clemsons DB's had any hands at all.

JK Dobbins was a legit candidate.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, Dobbins was the one who got screwed hardest over that nonsense. Young had no business being there, neither did Fields, Fields is an INT waiting to happen vs a team with any defense as evidenced last night, kid should have had 3-4 INT's had Clemsons DB's had any hands at all.

JK Dobbins was a legit candidate.
So was Jonathon Taylor.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an NFL rush end. That is his future in the league. Granted, he has the makings to be a pretty damned good one and will be a top five pick. But, fair or unfair DE's are going to have a limited impact on any game. Depends greatly on the offensive scheme they are facing. Some games simply because of matchups it may seem like he isn't as involved, others he is in the thick of it

I dunno. Florida was beating LSU when both our DEs went out with ankle sprains in the 3rd qtr. With the extra time, Burreaux scored at will.
Now that I think about it, a lot of games are determined by great pressure from the DEs...including the 2006 NCG.

Young wasn't consequential last night...just because he wasn't.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. Florida was beating LSU when both our DEs went out with ankle sprains. With the extra time, Burreaux scored at will.
Now that I think about it, a lot of games are determined by great pressure from the DEs...including the 2006 NCG.

Young wasn't consequential last night...just because he wasn't.
Disagree. Burrow is more of a classic Qb in that a good pass rush is going to have an effect on him. Lawrence is a different style, and Clemson was getting Etiene (sic) outside for screens and short passes which neutralized Young's importance. Great player, but last night due to schemes he wasn't a major player. And my initial point was just because he didn't have 2-3 sacks doesn't mean he isn't consistently a good player

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU might win the whole thing and Burrow has been playing lights out but I don't know too many people pointing out Burrow is 23 years old. He's older than Lamar Jackson and Sam Darnold are now. That's quite an advantage he has . He's a coaches kid who's now so much more mature and knowledgeable than the average college QB. I'm not knocking him just saying I think it's one of the reasons he's been so good. I just remember being 23 and five and a half years in the Corps and seeing 18 19 year olds and thinking they were so young and still maturing.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Burrow is more of a classic Qb in that a good pass rush is going to have an effect on him. Lawrence is a different style, and Clemson was getting Etiene (sic) outside for screens and short passes which neutralized Young's importance. Great player, but last night due to schemes he wasn't a major player. And my initial point was just because he didn't have 2-3 sacks doesn't mean he isn't consistently a good player
um...Burrow is very mobile and getting our RB out in space for short passes is what we do a lot

have you even seen us play?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both on the couch. Both had natties 5-6 years ago. What else matters?

Clemson owns FSU right now just like they do OSU

Keep telling yourself that

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep telling yourself that

Telling myself what?? Facts? Lol

our natties are right next to each other. Since then we’ve both been owned by Clemson.. must be tough for you right now

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And ain’t nobody crying. You can’t seem to get by Clemson either even when they played their B game and gave you plenty of opportunities. Lucky you didn’t get blown out.

Not to mention We got a natty right before you did.

take a seat on the couch now and watch sport.
And FSU couldn’t get by Wake Forest.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I think Clemson came in sleep-walking and got smacked in the mouth and then controlled the game. But I think Ohio State has a better QB, RB, wide-receivers, offensive line, and defensive backs than Auburn and are more well-rounded than Alabama, especially sans Tua.
Clemson took advantage of the freshman coming in for the ejected All American. The receivers who were supposedly so great were held in check. Clemson had a short period where they were in control but it was short.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Telling myself what?? Facts? Lol

our natties are right next to each other. Since then we’ve both been owned by Clemson.. must be tough for you right now

Minus the conference championships and actual rounds of competitiveness and actually being an interesting product to watch weekly.

Totally the same. Jesus Christ dude.