• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's vs Phillies; May 9-10

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Dyson becomes the 4th outfielder and used for pinch hitting/running duties. Who plays center? Haniger or Gamel?

Going into the season, I remember hearing that our three starting outfielders at the time (Dyson, Martin and Haniger) could all play center field if they weren't all on the same team. I think that remains true now with Heredia, Gamel and Haniger. I wouldn't be surprised or necessarily opposed to the idea of rotating them until they find a configuration that they like. The thing about those three guys is that they can all run well, they all have good to great range and they all have good to great arms, so I think you can put them in any configuration you want and be in good shape defensively. I'm sure Servais has an idea of what he wants to do defensively when Haniger gets back.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going into the season, I remember hearing that our three starting outfielders at the time (Dyson, Martin and Haniger) could all play center field if they weren't all on the same team. I think that remains true now with Heredia, Gamel and Haniger. I wouldn't be surprised or necessarily opposed to the idea of rotating them until they find a configuration that they like. The thing about those three guys is that they can all run well, they all have good to great range and they all have good to great arms, so I think you can put them in any configuration you want and be in good shape defensively. I'm sure Servais has an idea of what he wants to do defensively when Haniger gets back.

I am not big on Haniger in center. He is decent in RF, but he doesn't have the route running and speed to cover CF unless in an emergency. I have seen three cases when the ball was hit to the wall and he ran a semi-circle route to them instead of a direct route. You do that in center and you will be chasing balls forever.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense is looking beastly so far, man there getting like 16 hits a fricking game.... crazy

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not big on Haniger in center. He is decent in RF, but he doesn't have the route running and speed to cover CF unless in an emergency. I have seen three cases when the ball was hit to the wall and he ran a semi-circle route to them instead of a direct route. You do that in center and you will be chasing balls forever.
I agree I think putting Haniger in center is a stretch. The range will hold him in a corner outfield.