• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's vs A's (5-5 to 5-7 w/ doubleheader)

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's becoming a crutch. When Brendan Ryan becomes someone I wish we had, there's a problem. Miller down, franklin up.
I wouldnt mind it. When your hitting issues carry over to the field thats not a good thing obviously. I expect Chris Taylor to eventually be the SS but probably not until at least next year. Franklin is tearing up AAA but we have seen that means little once he comes up here.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt mind it. When your hitting issues carry over to the field thats not a good thing obviously. I expect Chris Taylor to eventually be the SS but probably not until at least next year. Franklin is tearing up AAA but we have seen that means little once he comes up here.

I didn't think that Franklin was given the greatest opportunity when he came up last time. He was more of a plug and play guy rather than given an opportunity at any given position. Give him SS, and let him get comfortable enough to hopefully produce at the plate. Either way, it'll be better than what Miller has going right now. He needs to be sent down and hit the reset button, nothing is working. We may have won the game yesterday, but his gaffe cost Felix the win.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They hit the road 4.5 back and now 2 games out, pretty good, lets see if they can going at home...

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It may not seem like it, but Miller's defense is actually above league average this year.

Fielding percentage:
Miller - .972
League average - .973
Chris Taylor - .957
Ryan Frankllin - .923

Range Factor:
Miller - 3.88
League average - 3.56
Chris Taylor - 3.72
Ryan Franklin - 3.27

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think that Franklin was given the greatest opportunity when he came up last time. He was more of a plug and play guy rather than given an opportunity at any given position. Give him SS, and let him get comfortable enough to hopefully produce at the plate. Either way, it'll be better than what Miller has going right now...

You can think that all you want, but you are wrong.

Bad as Miller is there, Franklin is an absolute disaster as shortstop. At AAA, he's made 3 errors there in 11 games. Giving him reps at the MLB level is completely nonsensical. And there's zero indication that he's be an upgrade offensively.

If the M's need Franklin coming back up to fill a need at 2B or the outfield, then it might be a good idea. Putting him at SS would be brain-dead moronic.

There is no fix to the problem at SS defensively for the M's, though I don't think Miller is really that awful. The best hope would be to work with Miller as much as possible there. I think he could get better.

Last edited by a moderator: