• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

M's just as bad or worse than last year

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or does it seem like every time Cano has come up with runners in scoring position later in the game with a chance to tie or put the team ahead he grounds out? I have no stats to back this up, it just seems like in the past couple weeks he has come up in clutch hitting moments and put up a dud...
Havent noticed just because thats every player on our team for the past few years that does that. This year we are already 0-2 in 1 run games, 0-1 in extras and have three walk off losses. Last year we were 19-29 in 1 run games, 6-15 in extra innings and had 13 walk off losses. So with that said I dont specifically notice Cano because stuff like this is simply "The Mariner Way."

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just you, I notice that too.

We have to find the source of the curse that was put on this team sometime around 2002. IT MUST BE FOUND AND ELIMINATED.
aliens.jpg

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention the Mariners players who we added who performed well BEFORE coming to Seattle and bombed it here.

Adrian Beltre: He was a good player, but not the MVP candidate we hoped for when we signed him.
Erik Bedard: Injuries.
Richie Sexson: Had two solid years before completely falling off the map.
Chone Figgins: Shoot me.
Carlos Silva: 2007 MIN: 4.24 ERA 202 IP. 2008 SEA: 6.46 ERA 153 IP.
Ben Broussard: When the Mariners traded for him in 2006 he was hitting .321 with 13 HR in 88 games. During the remainder of 2006 with the Mariners he hit .238 with 8 HR in 56 games.
Mike Morse: Referring to his second stint here. Before being traded to the Mariners he was hitting extremely well for the Nationals. We all know how that turned out.

It appears Seattle is the place MLB players go to die. Adrian Beltre and Mike Morse appear to be two solid examples of guys who played well before coming to Seattle, performed below average, then continued playing well after leaving. If there is such thing as a curse, we have it.

Agreed… I think the ownership of this team cursed this franchise…

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea you can even go back as far as guys like Jeff Cirillo, Rich Aurilla and Al Martin who were all decent hitters and literally "died" here like you said. I think if Harang ends up having a good year, it will be the one that pushes me over the edge in thinking this team may actually be cursed.

Can't forget the Mariners given up on the wrong one of the troubled drunken two when they kept Freddy over Carlos Guillen.

There are plenty more. Was just naming the ones that just popped into my head.

Agreed… I think the ownership of this team cursed this franchise…

I was thinking something similar, but when you think about it we have had immensely bad luck.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Z will probably be fired at the end of this season, but the truth is, until there's new ownership, this team will go nowhere.

At this point, why wait until the end of the season?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners are the NFLs version of the Browns. Where players go to die.

I'm referring to them as of NOW, I definitely realize we had some very successful years in the 90s-early 00s.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners are the NFLs version of the Browns. Where players go to die.

I'm referring to them as of NOW, I definitely realize we had some very successful years in the 90s-early 00s.

I've said this many times… But I have to say it again… After the 95 season we traded Tino, Jeff Nelson and Sojo to the Yankees… We didn't make the playoffs and the Yankees won it the next year… 2001 we needed another bat… Mariners did nothing despite Piniella lobbying like hell to get one… We haven't sniffed the playoff's since… Mariners = worst run pro franchise ever..