• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's @ Jays: May 16th - 18th

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ump just handed Toronto a run there. That pitch was over the plate.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good at bat by Vladdy? He got a freebie walk on bases loaded... it was ABSOLUTELY a strike.

Another case for banning umps for making ball/strike calls... never will take the sport seriously until that happens. Joke League Baseball (JLB)

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ump just handed Toronto a run there. That pitch was over the plate.

PERFECT pitch. High and inside the strike zone.

Toronto douche announcers: "Great at bat by Vladdy there." The fuck? BITCH THE UMP GAVE HIM A FREE WALK which scored the run!!

God I'm so sick of humans calling balls/strikes. Baseball has become a complete joke. No wonder viewers are declining. Putting the computer image of the strike zone on the screen was the smartest and yet DUMBEST thing the MLB ever did... because it shows the viewer how STUPID the calls are but also highlights how DUMB the MLB is for not doing fuck all about it.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game tonight.

Should've been a shutout but Angel Hernandez channeled his inner terrible calling to the dork behind home plate. Eh maybe it was for the best, I was predicting Vlad to belt one there....

*rest of forum* "Shark why are you always so negative?"
Me: "Eh.... fuck you. My job is thankless, but needed."

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we prevented the sweep.

Not our best 6 game stretch: we averaged LESS than 4 runs per game ( wins / losses combined ). A 2 run performance we won the game 2-1 somehow.
When our bats are 'off' - we score 0-1 runs a game. Totally unacceptable to be held to 0 or 1 runs so many times so early in the season. Bot we are stuck with what we have thanks to Dip-oda. Winker has heated up the past few weeks and gotten his avg up to low end of respectability. We shipped our bat boy to Tacoma so that .140 debit is wiped off the books. Getting Murphy back will cure the black hole in the catchers batting position some. And anyone is better at framing pitches than Cal Raleigh. He must be the worst in the league at helping his pitcher steal a few strikes a game.

Yet somehow .... we are 3-3 after 6 tough games into this 10 day road trip. Not that bad really.

We roll into bean town and catch the ailing Red Sox at the perfect time, as they are struggling mightily. As long as we do not play down to their level we just may take 3 of 4 with Kirby - Ray - Gilbert giving us those 3 wins. Even if we split and roll home with a 5-5 road split. It's all any team hopes to do is play .500 on the road ( provided they play .600 at home ).

I need to see a much better offensive performance between now and Fathers Day to get on board with this season. Getting Lewis back may at least prevent us from rolling out a DH nightly with a .118 avg ( laughable ). I do not pin much hope on Haniger. He doesn't really wanna be here and it shows. Hopefully something lights a fire under his feet, even if it is his agent explaining 'free agency 101' to him. This team needs offense from somewhere. And we all know it ain't coming from Monty Halls bank account. No doubt Dippy trades door #1 for what's behind the curtain.

Hopefully the roof wheels are greased and they roll open and let the heavens shine on a dogs ass this summer, like the year before and we pull out a string of 1 run wins.

It was nice to see Tyler France go yard. Strangely his 1st at bat last nite I was thinking that it seems like he has not homered in weeks after his torrid 1st 10 game HR barrage.

Fingers crossed the slumping Red Sox keep playing like the Orioles and we beat them up the next 4 days.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we now know the 2nd non-vacs player-

Mariners left-hander Robbie Ray isn't joining Seattle for a series in Toronto this week, missing a chance to celebrate the Cy Young Award he won with the Blue Jays last season amid border restrictions related to the COVID-19 vaccine.