• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's Homestand: August 2nd to August 11th

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, they're not coming back from this. gilbert fucked again by the AAAAAAAA offense. if by some miracle this team actually gets that 3rd wildcard spot they're going to get destroyed in the first series.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately Seattle was on the wrong side of trends today. Wheeler the past month has been inconsistent going from pitching stellar one game to getting shelled the next. Been like this his last 8 starts. His last start he got rocked so I had that feeling he would be locked in today and he was. Harper being in a massive slump at some point would wake up and he did against our pen and same with Stott. Couldn't get the sweep but 2 out of 3 against a struggling Phillies is what needed to be done.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately Seattle was on the wrong side of trends today. Wheeler the past month has been inconsistent going from pitching stellar one game to getting shelled the next. Been like this his last 8 starts. His last start he got rocked so I had that feeling he would be locked in today and he was. Harper being in a massive slump at some point would wake up and he did against our pen and same with Stott. Couldn't get the sweep but 2 out of 3 against a struggling Phillies is what needed to be done.
Right..wheller..
Has the ability..to do.
That

and you or prob more.
In touch..with the philis.
Than me...
But im not unaware.
Of them.by any means...

We saw the best of wheeler.
Today..
And a fairly good.logan Gilbert..as well..
Wheeler lasted longer..
And our bull pen.
Started giving it up..

But mariners won the series..anyway..
And are still in 1st place in the west..ok.
Detroit comes to town.
For 2 is next.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners still sync..ing.
There bull pen..

In a top knotch..pitching..
Game. ..nice..

Moving. On to Detroit.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a fun series. .
Against Philis...
Wasn't it.....lol
Hopefully.an other against.
Detroit..

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, they're not coming back from this. gilbert fucked again by the AAAAAAAA offense. if by some miracle this team actually gets that 3rd wildcard spot they're going to get destroyed in the first series.

I disagree. They ran into a really good pitcher yesterday. Zach Wheeler, who has pitched really well most of the season and for that matter most of his career.

We are not at full strength right now with both JP Crawford, and Julio out of the lineup. Once those two guys are back in the daily lineup and at least having a rare really good game and just doing average what they’re capable of I think we’re in OK shape offensively

Factor in what our pitching staff is capable of, and I see us going neck and neck with Houston down to the wire, to see who grabs the division lead

We just took 2of 3 from a division leading really good ball club who had the best record in baseball back about a month or so ago.

I like our chances going forward this season

Julio has had very productive second half post All Star break performances the past couple years and he needs to step up and earn some of that money. He’s been given by playing up to his potential this summer and fall

Houston is going to get Verlander back within the month and trust me. He’s not gonna wanna sit at home watching the playoffs on TV in October.

Last edited:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we’re in OK shape offensively
getting 3 hit last night said a lot. like i said, even if we do make the playoffs, we'll be facing wheeler-quality pitching in every single fucking game. the last 100 games have shown that against good pitching, a 3 hit performance is pretty normative for this group of turds.

beating chicago and a fluke series against the phils really got a lot of delusional optimism going in m's fandom, imo. it's surreal for me as a sports fan in general considering it's a team that lost a 10 game division lead in the space of a cow fart and have objectively shown themselves to be one of the worst offenses in mlb. pitching has come down to earth exactly as actual baseball fans knew they would. still really really good, but not enough to make up for a putrid offense even with the marginal upgrades wheeler dealer jerry made. i don't blame him because i don't think he could've done a whole lot better with this market, but i'll take objective numbers and facts over intangibles like "clubhouse leadership" or whatever idiotic buzz I've seen on social media hyping the a acquisition of a fucking 40 year old. this team's "improvement" at the trade deadline is infinitesimal at best. hitting a grand slam was nice to see. it was 1 fucking game. azonarena is fine. robles and polanco getting hyped after doing well for what, 10 games? lol what the fuck?

i don't see julio coming back as any improvement for this team's playoff contention chances no matter how well he's done in the tiny handful of games he played after the AS break. anybody who says this offense will ever be in anything approaching okay shape this season is delusional imo.

there are 3-4 teams in the hunt for the wildcard that are fundamentally better than us and houston is a lot better than us since they got healthy after half a season of being decimated by injury. you can disagree with that all you want. i choose not to pretend the last 100 games don't exist.

i do have some optimism, but it's mostly because the astros have so few days off compared to us to finish the season, and their SOS is harder. the extra days could pay off exponentially for our pitching. theyre the only reason i still tune in to games at all anymore. love seeing brash back.

Last edited:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just need 26 of those talented players that don't want pressure to win and both ownership and the fans will get what they want :heh:
My worry is this lucky move will give Jerry more confidence that he doesn't need free agent studs and that he can just sign other people's junk and turn them around.

And wanting to be there does help. Not sure how many really do want to be there. Robles does and that is refreshing.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it matters to him where he plays over the total money. He seems like a guy that needs to be comfortable and I guess the no pressure to win Mariners are just his style.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it matters to him where he plays over the total money. He seems like a guy that needs to be comfortable and I guess the no pressure to win Mariners are just his style.
Don’t disagree, I’m just saying if he keeps this up he should ask for more than 2.5 million.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right..wheller..
Has the ability..to do.
That

and you or prob more.
In touch..with the philis.
Than me...
But im not unaware.
Of them.by any means...

We saw the best of wheeler.
Today..
And a fairly good.logan Gilbert..as well..
Wheeler lasted longer..
And our bull pen.
Started giving it up..

But mariners won the series..anyway..
And are still in 1st place in the west..ok.
Detroit comes to town.
For 2 is next.
Despite the HR Gilbert gave up he did go toe to toe with one of the best pitchers and held his own. Gotta keep winning series anyway you can.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t disagree, I’m just saying if he keeps this up he should ask for more than 2.5 million.
I am sure he will get paid more than that from Dipoto. Jerry already set the standard with Garver...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure he will get paid more than that from Dipoto. Jerry already set the standard with Garver...
I still bet there is going to be a Kelenic style trade in the offseason to get rid of Garver or Haniger

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your daily dose of Mariner irony (or, maybe at this point we shouldn't call it irony anymore):
Ty France got as many hits last night as the entire Mariner team got Sunday afternoon. One of his hits was a homerun.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still bet there is going to be a Kelenic style trade in the offseason to get rid of Garver or Haniger
I was thinking the same exact thing and it scares me. It would have to be a Top 7 guy. Just bad business.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I was good at knowing baseball stuff, but I just learned for the first time that there is/was a Billy Beane and a Billy Bean in baseball. Beane is with the A's of course and Bean was an exec with MLB. Bean just died today. I don't know how I didn't know that.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same exact thing and it scares me. It would have to be a Top 7 guy. Just bad business.
Almost for sure it will. Or maybe Jerry can get one of the two to retire.

Either way I still cannot fathom the thinking of trading Ray’s contract for Hanigers contract. Even if Ray came back at 75% he could’ve easily been traded eventually.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I was good at knowing baseball stuff, but I just learned for the first time that there is/was a Billy Beane and a Billy Bean in baseball. Beane is with the A's of course and Bean was an exec with MLB. Bean just died today. I don't know how I didn't know that.
Oooohhhh ...
Money ball..movie ...
But yeah

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's early to..say that .
But it could .
Be ...