• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's Home Stand: May 27th - June 2nd

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Servais with his dipshit move of the night goes to pinch hitting one of your better hitters this year with a rookie that has yet to get a hit in a game, that’s right…..pure dip shittery as usual! Then in 2024 Mariners fashion they win a game that feels like a loss and take the series from Houston with a possible sweep in the crosshairs tomorrow. Go M’s and as usual……Servais you suck!!
How can he be that stupid ? Wonder WTF strategy he saw in that ?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why I even turn on the game before the 7th inning. The first 6 are just ulcer starters while the last 3 are bliss (not Bliss). Well this is fun and I hope they continue the magic.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is -3 run differential … That’s not gonna sustain itself all year..

Yankees … +92
Philly … + 93
Baltimore …+ 69
Cleveland …+ 74

Just to name a few … We have less runs scored than anyone in our division… Credit this pitching staff for hanging strong so far…

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Kramer

@DKramer_
·
35m

Justin Verlander on losing this week's series to the Mariners:"They have an outstanding rotation, good bullpen. You know these are going to be close games. If you think you're going to come in here and bang out five, six, seven runs a game, I don’t think that’s realistic."

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sarah Langs
@SlangsOnSports

The Astros have scored in exactly 1 inning in 7 straight games, the longest streak since the 1974 Orioles (also 7)

MLB record: 8 straight, 1918 Senators

Only other team with a streak of 7 in expansion era (1961)

:1962-63 Angels

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Jude

@A_Jude
·
1h

Mike Baumann works a 1-2-3 inning in the 10th ... stranding the free runner at second. M's with a second chance at a walkoff going into bottom of the 10th.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read an article today that when the Orioles DFA'd him several Mariners hitter went to management and said go get him. They said he was nasty. He sucked in his first outing, but he played the hero today.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can he be that stupid ? Wonder WTF strategy he saw in that ?
Rojas is hitting .188 (3-16 with no extra base hits) against lefties. Servais has been trying to keep him away from lefties all year long. If he hadn't pinch hit with Bliss, the only other two guys he had on the bench were Clase who is hitting .067 versus lefties and Zavalas who is hitting .130 against lefties. Anyway, I'm not defending Servais, just saying what he may have been thinking.

Hader ended up getting all three outs on strikeouts and Bliss saw more pitches in his at bat than either Moore or Haniger who both also struck out.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why I even turn on the game before the 7th inning. The first 6 are just ulcer starters while the last 3 are bliss (not Bliss). Well this is fun and I hope they continue the magic.

Your Seattle Mariners have the longest current winning streak in all of MLB right now

You can walk around all day in a minefield until you can’t

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Servais with his dipshit move of the night goes to pinch hitting one of your better hitters this year with a rookie that has yet to get a hit in a game, that’s right…..pure dip shittery as usual! Then in 2024 Mariners fashion they win a game that feels like a loss and take the series from Houston with a possible sweep in the crosshairs tomorrow. Go M’s and as usual……Servais you suck!!
Well said...

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This lineup has every bit of “fire your manager” written all over it, but the damn rotation has “manager of the year” written all over it. Because of each neither outcome is likely, but something has to give with this lineup or none of it will matter in October. Garver and Polanco need to be addressed by the end of July of not sooner. Absolutely no reason to keep rolling them out there other than Stanton’s dumb ass needing to justify their paycheck.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This lineup has every bit of “fire your manager” written all over it, but the damn rotation has “manager of the year” written all over it. Because of each neither outcome is likely, but something has to give with this lineup or none of it will matter in October. Garver and Polanco need to be addressed by the end of July of not sooner. Absolutely no reason to keep rolling them out there other than Stanton’s dumb ass needing to justify their paycheck.

This is the Mariners in a nutshell

Us: firmly grasping the leash with a clearly defined path ahead

Management: puts bacon scented butt balm on the team (dog) and expects it to perform like best of breed

1717077763543.gif

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much every team has their strength and weaknesses. Teams may have half their lineup full of quality bats and half their rotation of quality pitchers. Which to me is the same as having a subpar lineup and having a great rotation. Either way it is what it is every team wishes they could be better in certain areas but I do like the idea that in any and every game we have a chance to win as we have a quality pitcher on the mound. It is also frustrating to the other team that they cannot put together 5-8 runs on us.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
firing servais to "fix" problems is like using a bandaid to fix a gunshot wound. 3 decades of nintendo and now stanton has made too many m's fans incapable of seeing the forest for the trees. we suck, but this is the most successful we've been in a couple decades after so many years of going through skippers like clockwork. we nearly killed wedge. mclendon. wak. that was awful times. firing them and their staffs have done little to fix the real problem which is total institutional incompetence. but the heads of that institution deflect by shuffling shit with managers. it's been their mo.

i'm all for getting rid of him, but it would need to be a part of a much more multifaceted to actually "fix" anything. just imo.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jage

@thejagepage
·
2m

The wackiness of the #Mariners season continues.

With a chance to mop the Astros today, SEA currently:-

Have scored less runs than OAK-
A worse run diff than DET-
Are on pace to tie '23 MN for the K Record-
Have the largest division lead in the AL
Incredible stuff.