• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

'Mr. Unreliable' by Daily Oklahoman about Kevin Durant causes stir

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,261.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A headline in The Oklahoman focusing on Kevin Durant's struggles in the Oklahoma City Thunder's series with the Memphis Grizzlies has caused a distraction before the team faces an elimination game Thursday night.

The headline, which read "Mr. Unreliable," in part referred to Durant's recent slump, which has him shooting just 40 percent in the series and 15-of-45 over the past two games. The headline generated strong reaction and led Oklahoman sports editor Mike Sherman to issue an apology, saying in a statement the "words were overstated and unduly harsh."

He clarified that the headline was focused on Durant's play against Memphis, rather than the NBA scoring champion's body of work.

"I'm unreliable? Me, Mr. Unreliable?" Durant said Thursday morning. "As a competitor there's going to be good and bad days. They're going to build you up, they're going to break you down. You just have to stay even keeled, and that's what I am. It's all about what have you done for me lately, and I understand that."

Source: ESPN

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A headline in The Oklahoman focusing on Kevin Durant's struggles in the Oklahoma City Thunder's series with the Memphis Grizzlies has caused a distraction before the team faces an elimination game Thursday night.

The headline, which read "Mr. Unreliable," in part referred to Durant's recent slump, which has him shooting just 40 percent in the series and 15-of-45 over the past two games. The headline generated strong reaction and led Oklahoman sports editor Mike Sherman to issue an apology, saying in a statement the "words were overstated and unduly harsh."

He clarified that the headline was focused on Durant's play against Memphis, rather than the NBA scoring champion's body of work.

"I'm unreliable? Me, Mr. Unreliable?" Durant said Thursday morning. "As a competitor there's going to be good and bad days. They're going to build you up, they're going to break you down. You just have to stay even keeled, and that's what I am. It's all about what have you done for me lately, and I understand that."

Source: ESPN

Well, you better understand it tonight and get your team on board.

LeBronMonsterDunk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it when it happened and I've continued to say it.

OKC's Championship window closed the summer that Sam Presti decided to keep Ibaka over Harden.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD had a pretty rational response despite it sounding like he was trying really hard to hold back tears of butthurt.

OKC's Championship window closed the summer we all realized OKC refuses to pay tax.

FIFY

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Black Hole Discovered in OKC with a picture of Westbrook would have been a better headline. I used to defend him but he's turning into an awful player.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May not be this year, but it still might, but this team will win championships. Stupid headline and it made a lot of fans very angry.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OKC's Championship window closed the summer that Sam Presti decided to keep Ibaka over Harden.

It's not so much that they traded Harden, but got nothing in return. They also haven't used Harden's would-have-been salary for anything after Kevin Martin went to Minnesota of all places.

El-Cheapo.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They motivated KD and the thunder. OKC fans should be glad

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Durant wants out of OKC He could do no wrong with east coast media

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Durant wants out of OKC He could do no wrong with east coast media

:rollseyes:

I think he choose to leave the east coast, kinda obvious when a basketball stud from Maryland jets out to Texas for college, then signs a multiyear deal to stay in OKC.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things have a way of working out as KD showed last night proving that reporter wrong. May have woken up a sleeping giant....

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things have a way of working out as KD showed last night proving that reporter wrong. May have woken up a sleeping giant....

It really wasn't the reporter and it wasn't a terrible article, it just had a bad headline put on it and the reporter had nothing to do with that. They really screwed up.

gooooooogators

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How stupid was that? Do they not get how hard it is to keep a player of his magnitude in such a small city? Do they not get how much money he makes for that city?

And he DESTROYED the Grizzlies in game 6 - sweet vindication.