• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MR presser

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His personality and temperament seem to be a perfect fit. Just need to win at a high level and he'll be looked at as the third coming of the football savior.
Exactly. I'm trying really hard to keep a level head and not get ahead of things too much, but I just have a great feeling about this situation.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley likes the no huddle and screen game.

As far as the defense, the theme is "get after the ball".

Less technique, more instinct.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized that there is no way I would have ever been able to pick maliek collins out of a lineup without pads and a helmet on. I don't know that I've ever seen him speak to the media before.
agreed haha

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I'm trying really hard to keep a level head and not get ahead of things too much, but I just have a great feeling about this situation.
Feeling the same. We need RA to come around these parts with a serious dose of cynicism. :heh:

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked what TA had to say, specifically the part where Langsdorf told him we're going to focus more on being a QB instead of a running back

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt TA remains the starter this year.

Stanton? Or Bush? I said this a while ago, I think Stanton has the most to gain from the new staff.

I have Stanton Pegged.

I don't know why everyone thinks Stanton is far and away the better passer???

every report i heard last year was that stanton really couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and had a much longer way to develop than most thought he would when he got here

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why everyone thinks Stanton is far and away the better passer???

every report i heard last year was that stanton really couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and had a much longer way to develop than most thought he would when he got here
Everything I read had him as physically gifted but not able to make the right adjustments in Beck's offense. Go back and look at Stanton's Elite 11 performance. He's special and not in that short bus type of way.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I read had him as physically gifted but not able to make the right adjustments in Beck's offense. Go back and look at Stanton's Elite 11 performance. He's special and not in that short bus type of way.
i know he has great high school and elite 11 tape. But just everything i heard was that he still needed quite a bit of development during last season…it could've been Beck's O that was screwing him up, who knows. I just don't think its cut and dry that he is a better passer than armstrong…yet at least

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know he has great high school and elite 11 tape. But just everything i heard was that he still needed quite a bit of development during last season…it could've been Beck's O that was screwing him up, who knows. I just don't think its cut and dry that he is a better passer than armstrong…yet at least
I don't think it's a given by any means. But like I mentioned, I think Stanton had the most to gain by having this new staff. I think he had the most potential coming in to the program, but for some reason got the least development. (It was the former staff!!!)

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Moe said, he was clearly the best signal caller at the elite 11 camp.

The only other qb who dominated that competition the way Stanton did is Jameis Winston.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's a given by any means. But like I mentioned, I think Stanton had the most to gain by having this new staff. I think he had the most potential coming in to the program, but for some reason got the least development. (It was the former staff!!!)

They were full retard when it came to QB development. This will be the polar opposite.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait to see Riley develop some QBs wearing scarlet and cream.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Riley has said several times now that he is going to get DPE the ball any way he can.

He pretty much said he's the best football player ever. Not my words, his words.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TA passing is gonna decide his fate. he's running ability won't save him

Stanton bush have a great chance but they have be explosive in camp bc TA experience is something that can't be overlooked

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didn't listen to this at all. too busy at work. thanks for posting some comments and keeping me in the know.

no clue on the QB situation. I'm just looking forward to a guy actually teaching our QB and hopefully whoever wins the job actually gets better during the season instead of worse.

as far as defense. the attacking mentality can be both good and bad. if you have the athletes like Bama, it makes it a lot simpler because the guys get through blocks and get to the football, but didn't we employ that style right before Bo came in as HC? How exactly did that turn out?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feeling the same. We need RA to come around these parts with a serious dose of cynicism. :heh:

I'm not buying the fluff pastry knowing ticket sales is a motivation in getting the fan base excited. This is really no different than any pre-season or new coach hype we've seen throughout the HWSNBN and Pelini years. Of course MR is going to say all the right things without really saying anything at all. I'd venture to say there's an advisor telling him this is what the fan base needs to hear regarding traditions en sech. It happens in all sports at all places.

Do you think he's going to be honest and say "I don't know" or tell you things like there are bad attitudes, a lack of player talent, or motivation? Of course not. That would be like dropping a turd in the Kool-Aid pitcher.

I'll make a bold prediction that if things aren't going well come November, we'll be hearing "the players just need more experience in", or this Oregon St staff "just need the right players to fit" his system.

GBR

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not buying the fluff pastry knowing ticket sales is a motivation in getting the fan base excited. This is really no different than any pre-season or new coach hype we've seen throughout the HWSNBN and Pelini years. Of course MR is going to say all the right things without really saying anything at all. I'd venture to say there's an advisor telling him this is what the fan base needs to hear regarding traditions en sech. It happens in all sports at all places.

Do you think he's going to be honest and say "I don't know" or tell you things like there are bad attitudes, a lack of player talent, or motivation? Of course not. That would be like dropping a turd in the Kool-Aid pitcher.

I'll make a bold prediction that if things aren't going well come November, we'll be hearing "the players just need more experience in", or this Oregon St staff "just need the right players to fit" his system.

GBR
There it is! :clap::pound::suds:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping my feet on the ground, mang.

Remember these guys are tasked with having to develop and coach a lot of what can be considered as 'the best of the mid-majors' type players.