• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mozgov to the Cavs

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could have had Tarik Black for free basically when the Rockets waived him to make room for Josh Smith. Kid's a player.

Leking2246

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could have had Tarik Black for free basically when the Rockets waived him to make room for Josh Smith. Kid's a player.

Nah i like mazgov

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rarely will it ever be a great deal if you are trading 2 future #1's for an undrafted player.
Cavs are desperate.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rarely will it ever be a great deal if you are trading 2 future #1's for an undrafted player.
Cavs are desperate.

His status as an undrafted player is irrelevant... especially now that he's been in the league for 5 years and is a known talent.

Mozgov was undrafted because back in 2008 a lot of teams knew very little about him and those that did were worried about whether he'd actually come to the US.

When the Pistons traded away Grant Hill for undrafted Ben Wallace people thought that was a hugely one-sided trade. But Wallace had been in the league 5 years and had established himself as a very good defensive starting-quality center... and the trade worked out pretty well for the Pistons.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His status as an undrafted player is irrelevant... especially now that he's been in the league for 5 years and is a known talent.

Mozgov was undrafted because back in 2008 a lot of teams knew very little about him and those that did were worried about whether he'd actually come to the US.

When the Pistons traded away Grant Hill for undrafted Ben Wallace people thought that was a hugely one-sided trade. But Wallace had been in the league 5 years and had established himself as a very good defensive starting-quality center... and the trade worked out pretty well for the Pistons.

Right...:L

I totally forgot the NBA teams don't scout international players..

Anyway. I UNDERSTAND why the move was made and it might pay off.

The Love move will be the one they most live to regret.

Leking2246

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So giving 2 crap 1st round picks who might take years to develope and still more than likely turn into nothing is bad for a 7 foot 1 center in his prime....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So giving 2 crap 1st round picks who might take years to develope and still more than likely turn into nothing is bad for a 7 foot 1 center in his prime....

do you really expect them to do anything more than just hate on the Cavs?

I do have to say- looking at a real center like Jordan last night makes me hope the Cavs can make something happen in the offseason....they still have the Haywood contract and could maybe package something with it....should be interesting...

that being said- Tristan Thompson really fought his ass off last night against Griffin and Jordan....24 and 12 on 10/12 shooting....he is really coming around...the Cavs needed him big time with Love sitting out with the back injury and he really stepped up.

and of course Kyrie Irving absolutely outplayed CP3 on both ends of the court last night...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wouldn't you have to WAIT until you see who the draft picks end up being?

The ONLY reason the trade was made is because Andy went down.

Like I said, it had to be done, but, just because it was doesn't turn him into some type of now great NBA center.

He'll do alright just like anyone else would who is 7ft tall and plays with James.

Look who the Heat surrounded him with here.

who would you rather have?

Him or Whiteside?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you really expect them to do anything more than just hate on the Cavs?

I do have to say- looking at a real center like Jordan last night makes me hope the Cavs can make something happen in the offseason....they still have the Haywood contract and could maybe package something with it....should be interesting...

that being said- Tristan Thompson really fought his ass off last night against Griffin and Jordan....24 and 12 on 10/12 shooting....he is really coming around...the Cavs needed him big time with Love sitting out with the back injury and he really stepped up.

and of course Kyrie Irving absolutely outplayed CP3 on both ends of the court last night...

All very true.

You forgot to mention that Love did not play, nor was needed.
Same as in the 4th qtr of a couple other games.

LIKE I SAID. That is the deal the Cavs will live to regret.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could Love be traded by the Cavs? At least his bird rights at year end?

Love may just be a al Jefferson

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

All very true.

You forgot to mention that Love did not play, nor was needed.
Same as in the 4th qtr of a couple other games.

LIKE I SAID. That is the deal the Cavs will live to regret.

Kevin Love is 25 years old. Saying that 2 and half months into his time with the Cavs is a little early. I had hesitations to make the deal originally as well. It just seemed to me Minne was operating with very little leverage.

But if Love resigns and the Cavs go on to win 2-3 titles it wont matter if Wiggins turns out to be James Posey or Derrick Rose

WAAAAAAAAAY to early to make that kind of statement.

Tristan Thompson is turning into a player though - thats for sure...it takes big men a little while to develop in theleague- especially raw ones like him- and he really has started to put it together....He is only 23 too....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could Love be traded by the Cavs? At least his bird rights at year end?

Love may just be a al Jefferson

Al Jeff cant shoot from the outside and Love is a better rebounder and passer- however- there arent 3 guys (if that many) in the league with better post moves than Al Jeff...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love is 25 years old. Saying that 2 and half months into his time with the Cavs is a little early. I had hesitations to make the deal originally as well. It just seemed to me Minne was operating with very little leverage.

But if Love resigns and the Cavs go on to win 2-3 titles it wont matter if Wiggins turns out to be James Posey or Derrick Rose

WAAAAAAAAAY to early to make that kind of statement.

Tristan Thompson is turning into a player though - thats for sure...it takes big men a little while to develop in theleague- especially raw ones like him- and he really has started to put it together....He is only 23 too....

I see nothing but your eternal optimism and hope that would ever lead me to believe this Big 3 group of Cavs is wining 2-3 titles.

Unless something DRASTIC changes, I seriously, honestly don't see them winning any.

Leking2246

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol micky airison is so salty

Think about how shitty florida is besides the fact that ohio has better universities, lower unemployment and make more money per capita...florida offered their best city up and gave lebron his first titles and he still said fu*k this place i'm going back to cleveland lol

Last edited by a moderator:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont get the push now. LeBron came back to the cavs with the core they had. Wanted the challenge of building the team from what they had. Said its not gonna happen over night. Next you know, the team is gutted and it goes to win now.

Do any of you think LeBron is demanding any of these moves or the owner believes LeBron wants these moves.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont get the push now. LeBron came back to the cavs with the core they had. Wanted the challenge of building the team from what they had. Said its not gonna happen over night. Next you know, the team is gutted and it goes to win now.

Do any of you think LeBron is demanding any of these moves or the owner believes LeBron wants these moves.

Well....lets look at that

First- the main guys behind the Mozgov trade were head coach David Blatt and GM David Griffin. Mozgov played for Blatt on the Russian national team- and had a very strong relationship with him- and Blatt has a very high opinion of Mozgov. The Cavs interest in Mozgov goes back to the summer. Did they pay more than they would have liked? probably...but the need was their, the fit was right, and both the GM and coach really liked the guy- plus he is under contract for next year for only about 5 million. Its not like they woke up yesterday and said- we need a big! who is out there?

As for the Shumpert and Smith deal- if the Knicks are contending for a playoff spot they never give up these 2 guys for nothing but cap relief. NY turned down a first rounder for Shumpert last year. If not for the Knicks poor performance this deal is not even possible. Jr Smith has given the Cavs practically the same thing Waiters had been giving them- and might even be the better fit.

as for LeBron- according to Brian Windhorst and Jason Lloyd- the 2 most plugged in Cavs reports out there- one of the front offices main gripes with LeBron last time he was around was that he did not take ENOUGH of a role in player moves and recruitment and giving his input. While it is a fact that before the deal was finalized the Cavs approached LeBron to see if he thought adding Smith was a good idea (which LeBron agreed with)- LeBron- did not orchestrate these moves.

The only move that LeBron migth have had a hand in orchestrating- whether it was last time with the Cavs or this time- is the Love trade. It would not surprise me if the Cavs said- if you come back - we wont take time to develop a #1 overall (and the risks that come withit)- we will tradefor a high level all star already in his prime to kick start this thing. It would not surprise me if LeBron said- i want ot come to Cleveland but you need a 3rd star to trump what i have in Miami and i have always wanted to play with Kevin Love.....

but its silly to think LeBron walked in the GM's office and said- go get me Tim Mozgov and Shumpert....it just does not work that way...

if LeBron INSISTED on it, could hehave that power? maybe- i wouldnt doubt it- but one thing outsiders dont realize about LeBron is that he doesnt want to do that stuff - because he doesnt want to be blamed if it goes bad. Whether its the coach or whatever. I dont think he likes Blatt - and its possible he does not want him to coach- just like it seemed with Spo early on- but its not LeBrons style to go to management and say- get rid of this guy. He doesnt want that to fall on his shoulders.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think about how shitty florida is besides the fact that ohio has better universities, lower unemployment and make more money per capita...florida offered their best city up and gave lebron his first titles and he still said fu*k this place i'm going back to cleveland lol

LOL. Ohio is pretty such a SHIT HOLE. I lived there. I can speak from experience.

As far as James, the Heat game him his first titles, Gilbert gave him control of a franchise.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ohh geez....we do not need to get into who's state is better than who's argument....

I am fairly surprised Arison was so butt-hurt to post something like that though- the guy has billions of dollars...at least Dan went after the player instead of the entire state of Florida. All though you cannot blame LeBron for wanting to raise his family in Ohio rather than Florida.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is just such a false narrative that LeBron "runs" the franchise. Anyone that actually pays attention knows that the front office has solicited LeBron's assistance in recruitment, coaching etc.- and LeBron really does not want anything to do with it. Jason Lloyd and Brian Windhorst repeat this ALL the time- but as the saying goes- never let the facts get in the way of a good story. This summer was really the first time LeBron ever stuck his nose in at all- and that was to get 2 guys who arent major players in Miller and Jones.