• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mount Rushmore for.........

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"when he retired he was the number one WR in NFL history stat wise"

If Mitchell retired as the # 1 WR stat wise how did Raymond Berry retire one year before him with more catches, yards & TD's?

Mitchell receiving stats. 521 catches / 7,954 yards / 65 TD's (he retired in '68)

Berry receiving stats. 631 catches / 9,275 yards / 68 TD's ( he retired in '67)

Don Maynard was ahead of him in receiving yards and TDs as well. I didn't bother replying to him because it only encourages him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don Maynard was ahead of him in receiving yards and TDs as well. I didn't bother replying to him because it only encourages him.

Good point. He won't like this stat. Don Hutson finished his career with more receiving yards & TD's than Mitchell too.

But somehow Bobby Mitchell finished his career as the NFL's all time leading wr. And he's already trying to move the goal posts. Now he wants to talk about total yards. Funny he wants to bring up total yards after I pointed out Mitchell didn't finish his career as the leagues # 1 wr like he claimed.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maynard was in the AFL not the NFL. ok?

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. He won't like this stat. Don Hutson finished his career with more receiving yards & TD's than Mitchell too.

But somehow Bobby Mitchell finished his career as the NFL's all time leading wr. And he's already trying to move the goal posts. Now he wants to talk about total yards. Funny he wants to bring up total yards after I pointed out Mitchell didn't finish his career as the leagues # 1 wr like he claimed.

Mitchell had more receptions which is the stat that matters.

So where was Mitchell when he retired on the All Time receptions list?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All stats matter but how many yards is always more important that how many touches.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not a recognized distinction on the all-time lists.

When Michell retired was what I was talking about, Maynard played long after that. And back then there was NFL/AFL.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All stats matter but how many yards is always more important that how many touches.

Not when talking about how many receptions in a career

NFL All-time Receptions Leaders List
Jerry Rice, 1,549 catches. ...
Larry Fitzgerald*, 1,432 catches. ...
Tony Gonzalez, 1,325 catches. ...
Jason Witten*, 1,228 catches. ...
Marvin Harrison, 1,102 catches. ...
Cris Carter, 1,101 catches. ...
Tim Brown, 1,094 catches. ...
Terrell Owens, 1,078 catches.

Getting it now?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not when talking about how many receptions in a career

NFL All-time Receptions Leaders List
Jerry Rice, 1,549 catches. ...
Larry Fitzgerald*, 1,432 catches. ...
Tony Gonzalez, 1,325 catches. ...
Jason Witten*, 1,228 catches. ...
Marvin Harrison, 1,102 catches. ...
Cris Carter, 1,101 catches. ...
Tim Brown, 1,094 catches. ...
Terrell Owens, 1,078 catches.

Getting it now?

We weren't talking only how many receptions in a career. We were talking yards and receptions. You said receptions is the stat that matters. It is not the stat that matters. It is not as important as receiving yards. Get it now???????

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who did Mitchell have more receptions than?. You just keep moving those goal posts and I'll keep laughing. You said Mitchell retired as the leagues # 1 wr. And that's incorrect. Where was Mitchell on the all time reception list when he stopped playing? Well not # 1 like you claimed. Already told you Raymond Berry retired one year before Mitchell and finished with more catches / yards / TD's.

Dude, I saw Bobby Mitchell run track at Illinois, I don't BS about being a long time fan. Saw Jim Brown at Syracuse, yep, just a little kid.

Pay attention

Mitchell started out a RB to Jim Browns FB, he played 4 seasons in that role, ok? Then for some stupid reason Paul Brown decided he wanted to pair Enie Davis the Heieman winner with Brown. Well the Redskins had that pick so they trade Mitchell to the Redskins for the rights to get Davis...ok? As a Redskins Mitchell was switched to WR and that was whee he should have been all along. he was fantastic. He hd 393 catchs for 6492 yards and 48 TD's as a Redskin................WR. He is in the Hall of Fame because of his eploits as a WR, check out his football cards yep....WR.

--------> When he retired he was the number one WR in NFL history stat wise. <----------

So you are as wrong as wrong can get.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We weren't talking only how many receptions in a career. We were talking yards and receptions. You said receptions is the stat that matters. It is not the stat that matters. It is not as important as receiving yards. Get it now???????

I was talking most receptions in a career, knowing all about Don Hutson's career which I have talked about before.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who did Mitchell have more receptions than?. You just keep moving those goal posts and I'll keep laughing. You said Mitchell retired as the leagues # 1 wr. And that's incorrect. Where was Mitchell on the all time reception list when he stopped playing? Well not # 1 like you claimed. Already told you Raymond Berry retired one year before Mitchell and finished with more catches / yards / TD's.

I was under the assumption he was number one, curious where I got that idea from. I never make mistakes, so yes....????

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Mitchell had more 60 catch seaons, more 800yds plus seasons, despite playing fewer seasons as a WR.

He had a 1384 and a 1436 yards seasons, Berry one over 1000, a 1298.

I;m thinking there was a time in their careers where Mitchell was the all time leading WR, just not on retirement. Too lazy to do the math.

I saw something somewhere, hmmmm?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Mitchell had more 60 catch seaons, more 800yds plus seasons, despite playing fewer seasons as a WR.

He had a 1384 and a 1436 yards seasons, Berry one over 1000, a 1298.

I;m thinking there was a time in their careers where Mitchell was the all time leading WR, just not on retirement. Too lazy to do the math.

I saw something somewhere, hmmmm?

There wasn't. In fact, towards the end of his career, the fact that Raymond Berry was the all time leading receiver was fairly common knowledge among football fans.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There wasn't. In fact, towards the end of his career, the fact that Raymond Berry was the all time leading receiver was fairly common knowledge among football fans.

You talked about yards being all important, Mitchell had a 1300 and 1400 yard seasons Berry a 1200, and actually Lance Alworth was considered to be the best WR in football back then neither Berry or Mitchell.

Berry played 13 years as a WR, Mitchell only 7 as a legit WR.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talked about yards being all important, Mitchell had a 1300 and 1400 yard seasons Berry a 1200, and actually Lance Alworth was considered to be the best WR in football back then neither Berry or Mitchell.

Berry played 13 years as a WR, Mitchell only 7 as a legit WR.

None of that changes the fact that Ray Berry was statistically the all-time leading WR when he retired. I'm not arguing who was "better".. and remember AFL doesn't count according to you when I mentioned Maynard. Now AFL does count for Alworth? Try to be a little consistent, mkay?

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of that changes the fact that Ray Berry was statistically the all-time leading WR when he retired. I'm not arguing who was "better".. and remember AFL doesn't count according to you when I mentioned Maynard. Now AFL does count for Alworth? Try to be a little consistent, mkay?

You mentioned ....among football fans.....right? Do you think they ignored the AFL? But when talking stats, it is NFL, then AFL.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This for Manster

You said that Jim Brown was so much bigger than any RB before him, well that is wrong.

Bronko Nagurski 225
Paul "Tank" Younger 225
"Deacon" Dan Towler 226
Marion Motley 240

......all came before Brown and his 228 pounds.

So now ya know how it really was.

Add....Cookie Gilchrist who played at the same time at 250 pounds.

Last edited: