• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mount Rushmore for.........

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"when he retired he was the number one WR in NFL history stat wise"

If Mitchell retired as the # 1 WR stat wise how did Raymond Berry retire one year before him with more catches, yards & TD's?

Mitchell receiving stats. 521 catches / 7,954 yards / 65 TD's (he retired in '68)

Berry receiving stats. 631 catches / 9,275 yards / 68 TD's ( he retired in '67)
Shhhhhh he's on a roll. Same with the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don Maynard was ahead of him in receiving yards and TDs as well. I didn't bother replying to him because it only encourages him.
I think I will follow your lead.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That coming from a guy who didn't even know Mitchell was a WR, HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
You said you don't use Google? Well maybe it's time you start.

Pay close attention. Nothing says Mitchell went into the HOF because of his WFT(Redskin) days only. Read and learn. He also was moved back to RB while in WA. Just another couple fails on your part. He was elected to the HOF for his entire body of work. OK? He was drafted as a RB.

But keep spinning you're fun to watch.
The Career of Bobby Mitchell | Pro Football Hall of Fame Official Site (profootballhof.com)

Oh and not sure where the mighty spinner decided HOF was now part of your criteria? Again you asked the question and got proven wrong.
Joe Perry played on a team with the great Hugh "King" McElhenny, he did most the pass catching. Perry in a very unique situation. Give me the name of a top 40 rusher who played beside another Hall of Fame RB?

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said you don't use Google? Well maybe it's time you start.

Pay close attention. Nothing says Mitchell went into the HOF because of his WFT(Redskin) days only. Read and learn. He also was moved back to RB while in WA. Just another couple fails on your part. He was elected to the HOF for his entire body of work. OK? He was drafted as a RB.

But keep spinning you're fun to watch.
The Career of Bobby Mitchell | Pro Football Hall of Fame Official Site (profootballhof.com)

Oh and not sure where the mighty spinner decided HOF was now part of your criteria? Again you asked the question and got proven wrong.

Dude, you said this....

Mitchell was the ultimate out of the backfield threat of his time. This is not arguable. Nor is it arguable he was a RB and flanker. Not a WR.

Bobby Mitchell wasn't a WR, what??? He played 7 seasons as a WR as a Redskins, so,......100% wrong!

Check it out

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you said this....

Mitchell was the ultimate out of the backfield threat of his time. This is not arguable. Nor is it arguable he was a RB and flanker. Not a WR.

Bobby Mitchell wasn't a WR, what??? He played 7 seasons as a WR as a Redskins, so,......100% wrong!

Check it out

Go ask Siri maybe she can assist with your searches?

I'm not going to sit here and have a battle on who can post more multiple sources that refer to him as a RB (1st) and a flanker (2nd), do you even know what a flanker is? You implied he was only a WR.

You were the one who claimed there were no other tandems in the top 40. Which of course then you turned into player X not being in the hall. Which had nothing to do with your original post. This all came after you being proven wrong by multiple posters here. Then it was your opinion that stated Mitchell only went into the hall because of his WR days.

You've spun so much you don't even know where you started.

So is this when you tell us how Mitchell was in diapers when you started watching football?

OBTW go do a little more research. I already provided you the ground work. Mitchell was moved back to RB while in WA. So 7 years is not correct. Nice try though.

"In 1967, Otto Graham, who had been Bobby's All-Star game mentor eight years earlier, opted to move Mitchell back to halfback to ease a personnel crisis created in part, at least, by Graham's decision a year earlier to move the team's best running back, Charley Taylor, to wide receiver. Bobby enjoyed only moderate success running the ball but he did catch 60 passes for 866 yards and six touchdowns.

Vince Lombardi, who came on the scene in 1969, promised Bobby a return to the flanker's job and Mitchell eagerly looked forward to a fresh start. But as training camp progressed, he realized that his 34-year-old legs had simply given out. Lombardi accepted his retirement decision and quickly installed Bobby in the Redskins' personnel department."

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go ask Siri maybe she can assist with your searches?

I'm not going to sit here and have a battle on who can post more multiple sources that refer to him as a RB (1st) and a flanker (2nd), do you even know what a flanker is? You implied he was only a WR.

You were the one who claimed there were no other tandems in the top 40. Which of course then you turned into player X not being in the hall. Which had nothing to do with your original post. This all came after you being proven wrong by multiple posters here. Then it was your opinion that stated Mitchell only went into the hall because of his WR days.

You've spun so much you don't even know where you started.

So is this when you tell us how Mitchell was in diapers when you started watching football?

OBTW go do a little more research. I already provided you the ground work. Mitchell was moved back to RB while in WA. So 7 years is not correct. Nice try though.

"In 1967, Otto Graham, who had been Bobby's All-Star game mentor eight years earlier, opted to move Mitchell back to halfback to ease a personnel crisis created in part, at least, by Graham's decision a year earlier to move the team's best running back, Charley Taylor, to wide receiver. Bobby enjoyed only moderate success running the ball but he did catch 60 passes for 866 yards and six touchdowns.

Vince Lombardi, who came on the scene in 1969, promised Bobby a return to the flanker's job and Mitchell eagerly looked forward to a fresh start. But as training camp progressed, he realized that his 34-year-old legs had simply given out. Lombardi accepted his retirement decision and quickly installed Bobby in the Redskins' personnel department."

Nothing to search, saw Mitchell run track and play football while at Illinois, yep, little kid.

Mitchell was a RB to Brown's FB in Cleveland for 4 seasons, once traded to the Redskins he was switched to WR, he is in the Hall of Fame as a WR, he lined up everywhere, but when talking Hall of Fame Wide Receivers there is Bobby Mitchell When he played in Pro Bowls, yep, Wide Receiver, He is in the HOF because of those receiving atats, no what he did in Cleveland.

To say he wasn't a WR is wrong.

Hall of Fame wide receivers

See where it says.....switched to wide out?

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from....Best Wide Receivers of the 60's

Bobby Mitchell
Cleveland Browns, 1958-61; Washington, 1962-68
521 receptions, 7,954 yards, 65 TD

Bobby Mitchell is a Hall of Fame receiver who would have been a Hall of Fame running back if he hadn’t switched positions in 1962. Mitchell was exceptional at everything. As a running back, he averaged 5.4 yards per carry. As a wide receiver, he twice led the NFL in receiving yards. He scored 8 kick return TDs and posted superb averages. He was the first African-American to play for Washington, a player good enough to overcome the team’s tradition of racism.

Once again.....wide receiver!

Yes, he lined up at flanker, running back, but was always considered to be a wide receiver. The position he is as a Hall of Famer.

Dalybuc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa Bay
LeRoy Selmon: first Buc drafted.
Derrick Brooks: greatest Buc.
Paul Gruber: best player on bad teams.
Tony Dungy: turned around a losing franchise.

Buc fan since 78, Sapp is not a HOF’er.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa Bay

You sure you've been Bucs fan since '78? Sapp was inducted in 2013. I was about to get outraged! after I saw your post until I looked it up. Not a Bucs fan, but Sapp was a monster... or are you saying that he shouldn't be in the HOF?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm, not Marshawn, Shawn Alexander, Bobby Wags, Tez, Easley or Sherman? I'd have anyone of them before PC. Be really tough for me not have Tez on the Seahawk list.
If it was a players only than Tez would get the nod.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mount Rushmore for an NCAA school/NFL player

Fresno State

Derek Carr
Lorenzo Neal
Henry Ellard
Devonte Adams

Grambling

Buck Buchanon
Willie Brown
Charlie Joiner
Doug Williams

Pitt

Dan Marino
Larry Fitzgerald
Mike Ditka
John Mackey

Who can give me, Oregon?

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa Bay

Kevin House is certainly no HOF'er or Rushmore candidate, but he torched my Lions & broke my heart on a seemingly regular basis. Hat tip to him.

Last edited:

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mount Rushmore for an NCAA school/NFL player

Pitt
Dan Marino
Larry Fitzgerald
Mike Ditka
John Mackey

Mackey went to Syracuse.

Tony Dorsett.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's funny?

That the fella that thinks he knows it all raz-on listed John Mackey as a Pitt player. He's the same person that said when Bobby Mitchell retired he statistically was the best wr of all time even though Raymond Berry retired one year before him with more catches/yards/TD's.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit, and I even had Ditka there, I knew that.

Donovan McNabb
Jim Brown
Marvin Harrison
John Mackey

Syracuse

And yet you listed Mackey as a Pitt player. Funny stuff.