• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Motorcyclists: Slight Beef With You

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong Motorcycles are really cool and all but why in the world do you guys NOT follow the rules of the road?

In traffic, why do you think it is ok to either go down the center (in between cars) or on the sides of cars (usually in the breakdown lane)? Last time I checked you have to follow the same rules as actually vehicles? no?

You are just asking to get hit by a car aren't you?

TheRedPlectrum

and you are?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Very annoying.

Cyclists, too. They ride on the road, but don't stop at stop signs. I love biking, but only on trails; not on the road, pretending to be a car.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed....but i believe lane splitting is actually legal in some states

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuz they're fucking idiots.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of them are not idiots but there are a few out there ruining it for the rest of them

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you just run them over? That's what I did in the Wagoneer.

I like the big biker dude who rides in a lane really close to the center line on the highway...as if saying 'this is my space and don't crowd me.' So, I'd slide over toward the line real tight as I'd pass...kinda' hoping my rear view mirror might touch his handle bars.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of them are not idiots but there are a few out there ruining it for the rest of them

This. I have rode some form of motorcycles since I was able to walk. I refuse to ride in groups, as it seems that is when the idiot comes out in folks that like to show off, which usually ends up in someone getting hurt. There are always a few bad apples in the bunch, no matter what it is you are talking about.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. I have rode some form of motorcycles since I was able to walk. I refuse to ride in groups, as it seems that is when the idiot comes out in folks that like to show off, which usually ends up in someone getting hurt. There are always a few bad apples in the bunch, no matter what it is you are talking about.

Like that biker clan in NY a few months back.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mom taught me a great move to get back at motorcyclists. Just park your car on the highway, weeds em out real quick.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jeffro, you dont exactly help the case that they are not all idiots.

giphy.gif

i kid, i kid

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know lane splitting by motorcycles is legal in California compliments of Arnold because of the traffic jams on the highways that go on forever going both ways to and from work.

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've ridden street bikes since '76, have done a few bone-headed things that I was fortunate enough not to get killed doing (140mph on fwy, missed curve on backroads hwy, hit black ice). The riders that act stupid are generally very young as I was back then. I settled down with the wisdom of age and have been a Victory motorcycle test rider when the Vision was a prototype. I still ride ('80 Honda 900 Custom) and learned long ago to ride as if I was in a car. I leave plenty of room ahead, don't try riding the lines, don't go between cars, and never ride wheelies. My friends and I were always wanting to catch and slap the shit out of the idiots that did wheelies with a girl on the back. It's 1 thing to endanger yourself, but don't endanger your GF or wife with that. I also raced motocross thru my 40's in Oregon and AZ.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Motorcyclists aren't a big problem around here. Bicyclists are who piss me off. If I ever go down Holbrook Campground Road on a Sunday morning, there are hundreds of them. They won't move over. They don't stop at stop signs. And they hang you a bird if you pass too close. I get ass close as I can, lay on the horn, and if my dip is out of flavor I toss it over the top of my truck hoping it hits one.

The roads that have designated biking lanes, you'll never see a bicycler. As far as I'm concerned if they are gonna ride on tax payer funded roads, they should have to buy a tag like everyone else.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Motorcyclists aren't a big problem around here. Bicyclists are who piss me off. If I ever go down Holbrook Campground Road on a Sunday morning, there are hundreds of them. They won't move over. They don't stop at stop signs. And they hang you a bird if you pass too close. I get ass close as I can, lay on the horn, and if my dip is out of flavor I toss it over the top of my truck hoping it hits one.

The roads that have designated biking lanes, you'll never see a bicycler. As far as I'm concerned if they are gonna ride on tax payer funded roads, they should have to buy a tag like everyone else.

Feel free to come to San Francisco where they do Critical Mass every month, which is basically them impeding traffic for 10 minutes by holding their bikes over their head and/or riding a hundred deep.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to come to San Francisco where they do Critical Mass every month, which is basically them impeding traffic for 10 minutes by holding their bikes over their head and/or riding a hundred deep.

I don't think there's much chance of him ever coming to San Francisco.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've ridden motorcycles for 40 years and this thread goes both ways. Yes, lane splitting is actually legal in some states. Would I ever do it? Hell no. Good way to get killed. From a motorcyclists point of view, theres a ton of idiots in cages too. When you go out for a ride, you have to think like they are all trying to kill you. Seriously. Theres a lot more 16 year olds and elderly people that can't see or react in a normal matter then there are idiot bikers out there.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: