• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Morris Claiborne

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made no claim about Lee's toughness. No question the guy has heart. No question he is a high quality football player. But Lee hasnt been able to stay healthy for a full year, probably since high school. Even in college he dealt with injury. Sean Lee has so far proven that he can't stand up to the rigors of an NFL schedule. This is not an opinion. Im not sure why this is a debate.

Austin is another one, that could fit this mold. Good point. I wrote him off a while ago. At least Lee contributed when on the field. Austin was toast last year.

as you say....I'll have to agree to disagree with you on this subject cause Lee and Austin are nothing alike as football players and their luck as it relates to being on the field. being injured and being hurt remain two different things to me.

Since his HS days? He tore his knee up in one college game.... major thing which drops most athletes but you hammer out what you need for this "debate" as you call it.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Romo: Choke Artist -- Hard to debate that one, too

Really so that means Marino, Fouts Kelly are all choke artists 2 ?

By your thinking I could make an argument that all of them plus others are 2.

Hell Kelly choked 4 SB games away in a row right?

And Marino could not win the big 1 either right ?

Romo is a good player and while he might not shine the brightest he is by no means a choke artist

I call complete BS on that.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as you say....I'll have to agree to disagree with you on this subject cause Lee and Austin are nothing alike as football players and their luck as it relates to being on the field. being injured and being hurt remain two different things to me.

Since his HS days? He tore his knee up in one college game.... major thing which drops most athletes but you hammer out what you need for this "debate" as you call it.

Sean Lee missed 13 games in college. Sat out 2008 after tearing his knee in a non contact drill during Spring practice. He came back and missed another 3 games the next year with a sprained knee. He played all 13 games his first two years, so I'm wrong there. But, who is to say the guy didn't have anything going on in those years that he wasn't playing through. Kids can play through a lot. I don't even need to bring up his pro injury history -- it's well documented.

And you are the only one drawing parallels between Sean Lee and Miles Austin. I only said they both have injury problems. I'm sorry if you can't accept this FACT. I understand that you have a love affair with Sean Lee and that you think he is the personal savior of the Dallas Cowboys, but get over it. Not sure what you aren't getting.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really so that means Marino, Fouts Kelly are all choke artists 2 ?

By your thinking I could make an argument that all of them plus others are 2.

Hell Kelly choked 4 SB games away in a row right?

And Marino could not win the big 1 either right ?

Romo is a good player and while he might not shine the brightest he is by no means a choke artist

I call complete BS on that.

You're entitled to your opinion. And I have mine. I'm not going to rehash this argument any further.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Lee missed 13 games in college. Sat out 2008 after tearing his knee in a non contact drill during Spring practice. He came back and missed another 3 games the next year with a sprained knee. He played all 13 games his first two years, so I'm wrong there. But, who is to say the guy didn't have anything going on in those years that he wasn't playing through. Kids can play through a lot. I don't even need to bring up his pro injury history -- it's well documented.

And you are the only one drawing parallels between Sean Lee and Miles Austin. I only said they both have injury problems. I'm sorry if you can't accept this FACT. I understand that you have a love affair with Sean Lee and that you think he is the personal savior of the Dallas Cowboys, but get over it. Not sure what you aren't getting.

Yes....you rip your knee up in the spring, you'll miss that season.
3 games in 3 years but you go ahead and have your moment on all that

I said he wasn't like Austin and then you chimed in with:

"Austin is another one, that could fit this mold. Good point"

Nothing to get over for me. Hopefully you'll be alright

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes....you rip your knee up in the spring, you'll miss that season.
3 games in 3 years but you go ahead and have your moment on all that

I said he wasn't like Austin and then you chimed in with:

"Austin is another one, that could fit this mold. Good point"

Nothing to get over for me. Hopefully you'll be alright

Who brought up Austin in the first place? And I was referring to Austin fitting the mold of a player with the "injury prone" label. Are you dense?

FACT: Sean Lee has not played a full season of football in 7 years.

Try to reconcile that as you will. I am done with this argument.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who brought up Austin in the first place? And I was referring to Austin fitting the mold of a player with the "injury prone" label. Are you dense?

FACT: Sean Lee has not played a full season of football in 7 years.

Try to reconcile that as you will. I am done with this argument.

it's not an argument for me. You tried to make it one with:

"I understand that you have a love affair with Sean Lee and that you think he is the personal savior of the Dallas Cowboys"

getting a knee blown out and a neck injury in a pile up isn't the same as chronic hamstring issues.
Your term is injury prone and I don't agree.

BTW...look around this team and tell me Lee isn't the personal savior of this D.
Nevermind....you think Romo is a chocker. I think it's just you.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Claiborne as a 4th or 5th round prospect. I prefer to take fast corners in the top 10

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please tell me your joking.[

I find that hard to believe lol. If the draft of re-done though based on how he's played I find it hard to believe he goes anywhere before the 3rd. If last years draft was to be re-done the Honeybadger is probably a late 1st early 2nd.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's not an argument for me. You tried to make it one with:

"I understand that you have a love affair with Sean Lee and that you think he is the personal savior of the Dallas Cowboys"

getting a knee blown out and a neck injury in a pile up isn't the same as chronic hamstring issues.
Your term is injury prone and I don't agree.

BTW...look around this team and tell me Lee isn't the personal savior of this D.
Nevermind....you think Romo is a chocker. I think it's just you.

How can Sean Lee be the "savior" of this defense when he is hardly on the field? Answer that one. And Lee hasn't been on the field for the Cowboys' most important games the last two seasons. You have a screwy perception of what a savior is. He really helped a lot being on the bench, huh?

And I have nothing for you if you can't realize that Romo is one of the biggest contributors to this teams continued short comings. Romo has won two elimination games in his career. Both against Philadelphia in 2009. Those wins were hugely influenced by Felix Jones and a top 5 defense. Other than that, this guy hasn't won shit. Only been to the playoffs two other times, and failed both times. I don't put the weight of all these losses (or the 2 wins) on Romo, but a good quarterback will elevate his team to a win every once in a while, when it really matters. When the hell has Romo ever done that, outside of a (somewhat) meaningless game here or there in the regular season?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the Cowboys take a nosedive in the standings this season: I am going to mock our 1st rounder in 2015 as either Marcus Mariotta or Devonte Fields. It is not likely that we are in position unless the offense has the kind of injuries we have had on defense for the past two seasons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the Cowboys take a nosedive in the standings this season: I am going to mock our 1st rounder in 2015 as either Marcus Mariotta or Devonte Fields. It is not likely that we are in position unless the offense has the kind of injuries we have had on defense for the past two seasons

Knowing this team we will go 12-4 win a playoff game, Garrett gets a 10 year deal, and Jerry signs every vet he can in FA, while restructuring as many contracts as he can thinking we are only 2-3 players away. I honestly am praying for a top 5 pick. Not because I want this team to fail, but because we need a fresh start. I'd go new O coaching and Head Coach. I'd go Mariotta and let Romo play one more year no restructure. I'd cut Witten as much as I'd hate to, but come 2016 I'd be good on the cap, could cut Romo and save 6MM on books in 2016.

The thing with winning this year is that Romo's cap number is about 28MM next year with a 17MM base, now if we win, Jerry will go to Romo and ask for restructure pushing about 12.5MM into future years. Not a good look for this team. The Romo contract is complicated to a degree, but not really. We could cut Romo next year or in 2016 but the thing is it would have to be before the 3rd day of the new league year. For time I won't go and explain it at this moment, but if there are questions to it I will later.

Back to work for me, I'll check in later. Have a great day everyone!!!!!!!!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing this team we will go 12-4 win a playoff game, Garrett gets a 10 year deal, and Jerry signs every vet he can in FA, while restructuring as many contracts as he can thinking we are only 2-3 players away. I honestly am praying for a top 5 pick. Not because I want this team to fail, but because we need a fresh start. I'd go new O coaching and Head Coach. I'd go Mariotta and let Romo play one more year no restructure. I'd cut Witten as much as I'd hate to, but come 2016 I'd be good on the cap, could cut Romo and save 6MM on books in 2016.

The thing with winning this year is that Romo's cap number is about 28MM next year with a 17MM base, now if we win, Jerry will go to Romo and ask for restructure pushing about 12.5MM into future years. Not a good look for this team. The Romo contract is complicated to a degree, but not really. We could cut Romo next year or in 2016 but the thing is it would have to be before the 3rd day of the new league year. For time I won't go and explain it at this moment, but if there are questions to it I will later.

Back to work for me, I'll check in later. Have a great day everyone!!!!!!!!

I think Romo will be a Cowboys as long as he wants.