• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Morgan placed on IR, Chase Beeler released from PS

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
per roto

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Morgan - WR - 49ers

49ers placed WR Josh Morgan on injured reserve with a broken leg, ending his season.
It's a tough break in Morgan's contract year. The 26-year-old managed 15 catches for 220 yards and a touchdown in five appearances this season. A reliable receiver with quality run-blocking skills, Morgan has not shown enough separation ability to land a lucrative deal on the 2012 free agent market.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tough loss...just more adversity to overcome.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I guess this means we can get him on the cheap for next year.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm sorry to hear that. He was starting to grow on me.

Hopefully not in an area you can't cover up ;)

Yeah, for our style of offense, this could be a big is a big loss; and he was well on his way to having his best year.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, he has had such a hand in our success in the first 5 games to boot.

But I think we knew it was coming... sucks that it happened. But maybe we can bring him back on the cheap(even though he really didn't have the #s to call for a big deal)....

Good stuff Morgan, hope you can recoup well and quickly.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Darn... When Harbaugh announced that he will be implimenting a WCO style offense, I had Morgan pegged for a break out season...

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Assuming Edwards comes back after the bye, Morgan probably would have seen his role drop off fairly significantly. With Edwards and Crabtree starting, a guy like Ginn or Williams brings more to the table with a different skill set than the other guys. I'm still sad to see him go, of course, but other than this week I don't know that his loss will be felt all that acutely.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Assuming Edwards comes back after the bye, Morgan probably would have seen his role drop off fairly significantly. With Edwards and Crabtree starting, a guy like Ginn or Williams brings more to the table with a different skill set than the other guys. I'm still sad to see him go, of course, but other than this week I don't know that his loss will be felt all that acutely.

Bench the dependable receiver for the undependable one - Brilliant strategy!

Sorry, but you seriously need to check your player evalu skills - Edwards and Morgan would have been the starters. Crabtree is not there yet.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Tough loss...just more adversity to overcome.

It is a tough loss but the one bright spot that I see in this whole thing is the way that Harbaugh uses the two tight end set.
He has two solid TEs that could help ease the pain of losing Morgan.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Beeler was also released from the PS.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It is a tough loss but the one bright spot that I see in this whole thing is the way that Harbaugh uses the two tight end set.
He has two solid TEs that could help ease the pain of losing Morgan.

I agree wholeheartedly, Coffee!

Another opportunity I hope gets taken full advantage of is Ginn's opportunity to prove he is now a dependable receiver both inside and outside the #'s. I would really like to use Ginn's speed on offense as well as ST's.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bench the dependable receiver for the undependable one - Brilliant strategy!

Sorry, but you seriously need to check your player evalu skills - Edwards and Morgan would have been the starters. Crabtree is not there yet.

As we touched on earlier, this IS the game for Crabtree to really step up and take command/lead as a WR in the NFL.... we're going to need to play withing himself and beyond himself to make up for Morgan.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree wholeheartedly, Coffee!

Another opportunity I hope gets taken full advantage of is Ginn's opportunity to prove he is now a dependable receiver both inside and outside the #'s. I would really like to use Ginn's speed on offense as well as ST's.

Agreed, being a base(correct?) 2 TE set, allows a loss at WR manageable vs other base formations.

Ginn should be used quite well along with KW inside. If we can really make use of KW(cause I hope Ginn has enough for STs), he'll be a real weapon for us down the road.