• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

more money trouble?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that. The Post is a Devils hating gossip column so I'm not overly concerned about it. They tend to sensationalize everything.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Tsn picked up the story too. Wish the devils would make a comment on the story instead i have to read the comment section on tg blog

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tsn picked up the story too. Wish the devils would make a comment on the story instead i have to read the comment section on tg blog

Yeah but TSN is quoting the Post as their source. We shall wait and see.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Below is from TG today:

Here’s what’s true in that story: The lockout and missing the playoffs hurt the team financially (which, obviously, makes sense).

And Vanderbeek is in the process of bringing in at least one new partner (possibly more). That’s been ongoing.

Bringing in that money from the new partner(s) will help the team, which did not miss a payment, but has one due in the next month or so.

The plan is for all of this (bringing in the new partner(s)) to be settled before then.

It took some time, but the Devils made a very “real” offer to Parise.

He didn’t take it.

And last year some people were saying they didn’t have the money to re-sign Brodeur, Salvador or anyone.

That was proven false. In fact, some here feel Devils gave Salvador too much money.

The fact of the matter is they re-signed all of their players last summer except for Parise and in Parise’s own words he said they made a competitive offer.

And, the Devils have plenty of company among the teams that have applied for and received advance payments from the NHL over the years.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's a lot of inside information if you ask me. We'll obviously see in the near future here.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
missing the playoffs was def huge. wonder if this had any influence on the devils getting the "winter classic" next year?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Below is from TG today:

Here’s what’s true in that story: The lockout and missing the playoffs hurt the team financially (which, obviously, makes sense).

And Vanderbeek is in the process of bringing in at least one new partner (possibly more). That’s been ongoing.

Bringing in that money from the new partner(s) will help the team, which did not miss a payment, but has one due in the next month or so.

The plan is for all of this (bringing in the new partner(s)) to be settled before then.

It took some time, but the Devils made a very “real” offer to Parise.

He didn’t take it.

And last year some people were saying they didn’t have the money to re-sign Brodeur, Salvador or anyone.

That was proven false. In fact, some here feel Devils gave Salvador too much money.

The fact of the matter is they re-signed all of their players last summer except for Parise and in Parise’s own words he said they made a competitive offer.

And, the Devils have plenty of company among the teams that have applied for and received advance payments from the NHL over the years.

i dont believe that reporters just make stories up for the hell of it. they would ruin any credibility they have or would have. so i do believe there is some type of truth here

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
missing the playoffs was def huge. wonder if this had any influence on the devils getting the "winter classic" next year?

That makes a lot of sense. Getting half the profit on what a 60,000 seat sellout and any potential jersey sales? That's gotta be a nice haul.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like this is the only offseason news we hear as Devils fans lately.

Is that Prokorov guy looking to buy an NHL team? lol

Id hate to start hearing relocation talks.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is true than we're pretty screwed with signing any free agents.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Didn't the rumors start way before we were out of the playoffs RE the Winter Classic game? I don't remember. Obviously it wasn't made official until fairly recently.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My theory is that Vanderbeek made some enemies during his Wall Street days and those are the people giving the info.

Some people on Wall Street make a living on trying to scare banks/lenders into thinking a company with loans is in trouble. Then, they swoop in and try to buy out the loans from the lenders at a cheaper price/percentage by saying the bank/lender is better off taking a cheaper price than possibly getting nothing if the business defaults on its loan.

Posted by Tom Gulitti on 06/18 at 12:13 PM
- See more at: Fire & Ice - Last day to sign up for random drawing for tickets to 2013 NHL Entry Draft at Prudential Center

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah this is pretty sad that this is the only news we have to look forward to during the summer months.

there has to be some truth to these rumors. the devils have a few RFA's and no contracts have been mentioned? nothing leaked? i remember reading that tg touched base with clarkson/elias and i think zubrus agents and didnt hear back from them. does that mean there was no communication with the devils?

we mentioned that a loko deal was "imminent" and yet we dont have any details or anything? something is definitely up. whats worse is that tg cant even pry a comment out from the devils. is this the way they want to treat their fans? i get some things are better left in the dark but still i would like to know whats going on with my team esp if they keep calling me about season tickets!

i LOVE beek. i love the idea of a fan owning a team but he might need to step down if he cant figure all this mess out

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know that the NHL discourages teams from making major announcements during the finals, or at least on game day. I believe that I read a report earlier that Lou said negotiations are well under way with all the teams UFAs and RFAs.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that the NHL discourages teams from making major announcements during the finals, or at least on game day. I believe that I read a report earlier that Lou said negotiations are well under way with all the teams UFAs and RFAs.

He did say that. Lou doesn't typically say anything or tip his hand in any way so I don't think his silence has anything to do with this particular story.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Gulitti/Bergen record = journalist

NY Post = pile of shit

And never forget the lead hockey writer for the post is Larry Brooks who was fired years ago by Lou

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah this is pretty sad that this is the only news we have to look forward to during the summer months.

there has to be some truth to these rumors. the devils have a few RFA's and no contracts have been mentioned? nothing leaked? i remember reading that tg touched base with clarkson/elias and i think zubrus agents and didnt hear back from them. does that mean there was no communication with the devils?

we mentioned that a loko deal was "imminent" and yet we dont have any details or anything? something is definitely up. whats worse is that tg cant even pry a comment out from the devils. is this the way they want to treat their fans? i get some things are better left in the dark but still i would like to know whats going on with my team esp if they keep calling me about season tickets!

i LOVE beek. i love the idea of a fan owning a team but he might need to step down if he cant figure all this mess out

When do the Devils everk comment on salary negotiations cup.

And what organization comments on rumors in the NY Post?

I agree something is definetly up....the Post is trying to sell papers

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire & Ice

Wow! Beek is going to give up majority share and become a minority owner? Get this done ASAP so we can start spending!