• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mora?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one excited about this possibility?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mora never impressed me during his brief stint with the Seahawks, or while he was with the Falcons but the job he has done with the Bruins has been extremely impressive. His recruiting ability has been outstanding and IMO he has out played the talent that is on UCLA's roster. He also is a Seattle native and considers UW his dream job. I would love for him to have the chance to redeem himself after getting shafted by the Seahawks after 1 bad year.

That being said, he would probably be my first choice. Only problem is that it seems like he has a great thing going at UCLA and I have a strong feeling he could stay down there. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I just hope that he does not pull a Sark and announce he is leaving before UCLA plays it's bowl game.

I think it would be great to see Mora come to Seattle and Orgeron go to UCLA. Ed Orgeron got fucked over bad by USC and I'd love to see him get a chance to get back at them.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mora never impressed me during his brief stint with the Seahawks, or while he was with the Falcons but the job he has done with the Bruins has been extremely impressive. His recruiting ability has been outstanding and IMO he has out played the talent that is on UCLA's roster. He also is a Seattle native and considers UW his dream job. I would love for him to have the chance to redeem himself after getting shafted by the Seahawks after 1 bad year.

That being said, he would probably be my first choice. Only problem is that it seems like he has a great thing going at UCLA and I have a strong feeling he could stay down there. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I just hope that he does not pull a Sark and announce he is leaving before UCLA plays it's bowl game.

I think it would be great to see Mora come to Seattle and Orgeron go to UCLA. Ed Orgeron got fucked over bad by USC and I'd love to see him get a chance to get back at them.

Agreed. :suds: I wouldn't be upset if he left UCLA early though, and I don't really blame Sark for leaving early (though it's not ideal for our sake). If you're going to go, get the fuck out. Get the new guy (whoever it will be) in so he can try to salvage the recruiting class.

While I don't blame Sark for leaving early, I do blame him for the way he handled it. Saying the day he's hired he would be a long way off a decision makes the whole thing feel slimy. Not to mention feeding everyone bullshit about wanting to be here.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UWDawgPound input

By Anthony Cassino

Jim L. Mora seems to be pick #1 in terms of external hires for the Huskies -- and maybe the favorite choice of any candidate. Here are his pros and cons:

Career Path: GA'd at the University of Washington under Don James. Spent over 20 years in the NFL as an assistant and eventually a head coach at Atlanta and then Seattle. Compiled a 31-33 record as a pro head coach. Returned to college at UCLA two years ago, and has gone 18-8 there.

What's To Like: Mora clearly holds the position of head coach at the University of Washington in the highest of esteem. He wouldn't use it as a stepping stone; it's a destination job for him. He took over a UCLA program that had been lifeless for over a decade and quickly created a buzz. Defeated crosstown rival USC both times they matched up. Aggressive on the recruiting trail, and already recruits well in the state of Washington. Did an impressive job of filling out his coaching staff in what was essentially his first college coaching stint. His ability to relate to young players is said to be second to none.

Reasons To Be Cautious: Is he the beneficiary of a weak Pac-12 South? He is 9-1 against his division opponents at UCLA, but that record drops to 3-6 when playing teams from the much tougher Pac-12 North. Is winning 18 games in two seasons at UCLA really that impressive? There's always talent there, and one could argue that he underperformed in his first season with a puzzling blowout loss to Cal, losing back to back games against Stanford, and getting run over by Baylor in the Holiday Bowl.

My comments: The pacS went 12-12 in head to head matchups vs the north this year and has the better wins. Beating both Stanford and Oregon. UCLA only lost at Oregon and @ Stanford concerning the north. I don't think theres much to this point. As far as getting overrun by Baylor goes, remember what happened when we played Baylor? Yeah. Heads rolled after that one.

Why He'd Be Interested: He'd get to coach at his alma mater. It's his self proclaimed dream job. The facilities at UW far outstrip UCLA's. The home environment at Husky Stadium destroys the one at the Rose Bowl, which is an eternity away for students to get to. He'd be getting a pay raise. Brett Hundley may be going to the NFL after this season. A pay raise is in line. He'd be moving from a school that has basketball as its #1 priority, to a school that holds football above all else. Scott Woodward has shown to be a far more competent athletic director than Dan Guerrero.

Is It A Good Fit: Unequivocally, yes. At a time when so many schools are beholden to hiring a guy with ties to their school or a previous coach, Jim Mora fits that bill for the Huskies. But he does it in a way that makes sense, rather than attempting to shoehorn a guy into a slot just because of his pedigree. Mora is a defensive mind, which resonates with the history of the Husky program, and would be welcomed back to Montlake with open arms by the majority of the Husky community.

I think after reading Anthonys work that Mora has moved back into my first choice. Let's do it!