• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any Excitement for the Niners Vs Phleagles Game Nice its a 1:25pm start

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only the Bills had held on would be square with Philly if the Niners win this Sunday. I am not confident but not scared of the Phleagels either. Would be a great win.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, the Bills had a golden opportunity but oh well, win this game and keep it alive.

Although the 49ers have to travel East they did have extra days to rest. Going into this game don't see any "advantage" for either side, MAYBE the Eagles argue they've come off two rough games, ok. IF the weather goes bad, IMO it favors the Eagles a little bit.

Anyway, its always the same thing every game, it starts with no turnovers followed by no major penalties. Limit your own mistakes and don't see why the 49ers won't win. even this game.

Philly's line is tough for sure on both sides, so our offense will have to score touchdowns.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're tough on both lines, but they haven't played their best game of the year yet. They keep finding ways to eek out close wins while not playing their best. That is a bad sign for SF imo b/c they will be UP for this game. The Niners tend to struggled against mobile QBs And The weather is supposed to be rainy. That favors the Eagles. Overall, I think, the Eagles win this one. It would be a huge win for SF, but the Niners will have to avoid turnovers and have success on the ground to win this one and I just don't see it happening this week. Maybe if the game were in SF I'd feel more confident.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the game is on at 425pm not 1pm on fox
The listings on Comcrap(comcast/infinity) have the game at 1:25pm Pacific Time as of Saturday 9 am. The thing is the studies show that starting games earlier than your time frame of reference, that is going from west to east rather than east to west where starting later than the time zone you are from, has a detrimental effect for west coast teams. There are thousands of baseball games and basketball games that show performance is slightly worse for west coast teams especially on early east coast starting times. So the reference for starting time was the point I was trying to make in OP. Have you checked the game time since and if not on FOX as listed where? Was the game flexed, even though the Comcrap guide has the original start time? :noidea:

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The listings on Comcrap(comcast/infinity) have the game at 1:25pm Pacific Time as of Saturday 9 am. The thing is the studies show that starting games earlier than your time frame of reference, that is going from west to east rather than east to west where starting later than the time zone you are from, has a detrimental effect for west coast teams. There are thousands of baseball games and basketball games that show performance is slightly worse for west coast teams especially on early east coast starting times. So the reference for starting time was the point I was trying to make in OP. Have you checked the game time since and if not on FOX as listed where? Was the game flexed, even though the Comcrap guide has the original start time? :noidea:
should be a great game.i,m hoping the 49ers win.nothing much to look at being a washington fan.best thing for me is watching good teams play against each other.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just a couple years ago where Seattle in their heyday could ****** receivers down the field and if any Dback for the Niners breathed on a receiver there would be a flag. In this Phleagles (pronounced Flea gul :) ) I have seen at least twice where Niner Dbacks had plays that looked to me to be 60 to 70% likely to be a flag. What has changed did the team figure out how to pay off officials like it seemed the SeaChickens were doing? :noidea:

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only did we win, we won handily. Shows what the hell I know. LOL

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just a couple years ago where Seattle in their heyday could ****** receivers down the field and if any Dback for the Niners breathed on a receiver there would be a flag. In this Phleagles (pronounced Flea gul :) ) I have seen at least twice where Niner Dbacks had plays that looked to me to be 60 to 70% likely to be a flag. What has changed did the team figure out how to pay off officials like it seemed the SeaChickens were doing? :noidea:
No doubt, the refs were letting the DBs and WRs have a lot of contact. I wonder if that was a reaction to the public backlash over the perception that the Eagles got the benefit of the refs calls against the Bills.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No doubt, the refs were letting the DBs and WRs have a lot of contact. I wonder if that was a reaction to the public backlash over the perception that the Eagles got the benefit of the refs calls against the Bills.
Yes, there were several 'No calls" that came our way, and not only receiver related.

When we play them again it won't be this easy, more so if we're not the #1 seed. Hurts was doing well in the 1st quarter when he "sets and throws", but he 'fell back' into his habit of holding onto the ball. If he just sets and throws those slants, the next game will be much closer. Also, if they committed a little more to the run game early on, maybe they keep it close in the 2nd qtr?

Main thing was no turnovers followed by no ST mistakes. Going forward we have to avoid big penalties such as Unnecessary Roughness, Unsportsmanlike conduct, and facemask. On the offensive side, the big one to avoid is Holding. Dre Greenlaw is by far the most likely to commit a big penalty. There was also an unnecessary facemask penalty by Flannigan-Fowles, why do it when the returner is already going down?!

Anyway, obviously a huge win keeping our hopes for the #1 seed alive.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ambry Thomas and Charvarius Ward were each credited with three pass breakups, per PFF grading. Ward leads the NFL with 15 pass breakups.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through 17 games Purdy is 14-3 as a starter. Here are his numbers:

69.7 percent completion rate
4,283 passing yards
34 touchdown passes
8 interceptions
9.4 yards per attempt
116.9 passer rating

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we run into the Eagles in the play-offs, I'll expect more short passes of the slant variety. Hurts isn't a good passer overall, but was completing these routes with success. Hurts had a LOT of time back there, apparently he doesn't see the field well? I doubt our coverage was so good for 5 seconds.

I would also expect more runs including called QB runs. This will help them with TOP.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting take from a QB about what went wrong for the Eagles. Doesn't look like Hurts was seeing the field very well.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Interesting take from a QB about what went wrong for the Eagles. Doesn't look like Hurts was seeing the field very well.

In this game no, he didn't see the field well at all. There were plays where he had 5-6 seconds to throw?!

Granted the coverage was good, but this is where you need to 'throw them open'. This is where you have to anticipate and throw to a spot.