• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montalban's official bitch about the Warriors thread (2018-19)

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to argue with any of this. You've been paying attention. What do they do about it? If we see it, heaven knows that Kerr and the staff see it. Why is nothing being done? That's what galls me.

Well I think Kerr is taking the patient approaching, waiting for a healthy team. People view Draymond as the DPOY guy, but forget how integral he is to the offensive success of the Warriors. That and Steph missed major time with his injury too. The two best play makers for the Warriors have been out and I think that's why a partial pass is likely being given to the team.

This is only the second game back for Draymond in that Raptors game, so he still needs a few games to get his timing back. In the Raptors game he was off a half step or a half second slow on some of his passes that resulted in missed opportunities. Those will sharpen as he gets back in real game shape.

What I would do for a short term is two things, both involving Steph.

First I'd put him and Draymond in a few more pick and rolls. The teams will hedge out hard towards Steph and then you dump it off to Draymond to attack the defense 4 on 3. He's our primary play maker so having him with that sort of advantage will help a lot with ball movement. This worked a lot in getting Javale all those lob opportunities over the years and Klay those corner 3's.

The second thing is I would put the ball in KD's hands at the top and run Steph off the ball. Having him run off screens, creates havoc for the defense. He's a different sort of threat coming off the screens than Klay is. Klay you know is going to be firing away when he gets the opportunity. Steph can actually attack the defense and create weakside shots from penetration. If they come out to hard on him on the shot, there's backdoor opportunities for the screener. Also there's weakside opportunities for KD to attack once Steph gets the ball strongside on a swing pass.

I'm not saying I got all the answers and Kerr has none, but I think he hasn't exhausted his options yet because he's not feeling any pressure to. I think he's going to just wait it out a bit longer. The also biggest reason I think he's not changing anything right now is because he's going to need to change things anyways when Boogie gets back. Too many moving parts right now, but these are some quick fixes that I think could help short term. Long term, there's other stuff that I think would need to be rectified.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think Kerr is taking the patient approaching, waiting for a healthy team. People view Draymond as the DPOY guy, but forget how integral he is to the offensive success of the Warriors. That and Steph missed major time with his injury too. The two best play makers for the Warriors have been out and I think that's why a partial pass is likely being given to the team.

This is only the second game back for Draymond in that Raptors game, so he still needs a few games to get his timing back. In the Raptors game he was off a half step or a half second slow on some of his passes that resulted in missed opportunities. Those will sharpen as he gets back in real game shape.

What I would do for a short term is two things, both involving Steph.

First I'd put him and Draymond in a few more pick and rolls. The teams will hedge out hard towards Steph and then you dump it off to Draymond to attack the defense 4 on 3. He's our primary play maker so having him with that sort of advantage will help a lot with ball movement. This worked a lot in getting Javale all those lob opportunities over the years and Klay those corner 3's.

The second thing is I would put the ball in KD's hands at the top and run Steph off the ball. Having him run off screens, creates havoc for the defense. He's a different sort of threat coming off the screens than Klay is. Klay you know is going to be firing away when he gets the opportunity. Steph can actually attack the defense and create weakside shots from penetration. If they come out to hard on him on the shot, there's backdoor opportunities for the screener. Also there's weakside opportunities for KD to attack once Steph gets the ball strongside on a swing pass.

I'm not saying I got all the answers and Kerr has none, but I think he hasn't exhausted his options yet because he's not feeling any pressure to. I think he's going to just wait it out a bit longer. The also biggest reason I think he's not changing anything right now is because he's going to need to change things anyways when Boogie gets back. Too many moving parts right now, but these are some quick fixes that I think could help short term. Long term, there's other stuff that I think would need to be rectified.
Good plan but I wonder if some of this is coming from complacency after the two titles back to back. Last year they turned it on when they needed to and it worked. I just hope its there when they need it again this year.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good plan but I wonder if some of this is coming from complacency after the two titles back to back. Last year they turned it on when they needed to and it worked. I just hope its there when they need it again this year.

On a scale of 1-10 for me my concern level is about a 3(but a very frustrated 3). If the ship's not righted by late February, I'd probably boost that to a 6-7. I don't think it's as much about complacency as I think there have been lots of question marks this year about the roster and it's health.

I think this team is motivated as ever to go for the three peat. I just think there have been lots that have worked against the team right now. Andre Iguodala even admitted in a post game interview that he doesn't turn up his level of play until May. I think that's what you're seeing right now.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how I feel about things yet. It's still super early so by March this may all be a distant memory, but they do have to tighten things up.

So far it's going to plan. The first year with KD was a stroll to the title. The next was fairly easy outside of the Rockets series. This year will probably be even more challenging, especially the Finals. That's pretty typical, the league is catching up, the team is getting older, and maybe a bit complacent, etc.

No complacency in the playoffs, it's a whole nuther game there.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how I feel about things yet. It's still super early so by March this may all be a distant memory, but they do have to tighten things up.

So far it's going to plan. The first year with KD was a stroll to the title. The next was fairly easy outside of the Rockets series. This year will probably be even more challenging, especially the Finals. That's pretty typical, the league is catching up, the team is getting older, and maybe a bit complacent, etc.

No complacency in the playoffs, it's a whole nuther game there.
Hopefully they'll be able to turn that switch on again come post season time. We'll see.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really interested in watching the guys with this type of performance which I guess I would categorize as "disinterested". They don't seem to care. They don't put in any of the extra effort required to win. It seems they settle for just saying "I'll out-score the other team and if that doesn't work; oh well".
Doesn't seem to be any defensive effort or joy in playing. I understand the theory that they will turn it on in the playoffs but its certainly not fun to watch.
Lastly, with the team being lost and disinterested now it might not be a good time to interject a new variable with Cousins. Things could get really confused.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im here to bitch about the warriors...

Fuck the Warriors, bunch of clowns, and KD is a snake lol

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im here to bitch about the warriors...

Fuck the Warriors, bunch of clowns, and KD is a snake lol

Yet you're a bandwagoner who jumped on and has them in your avatar....

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really interested in watching the guys with this type of performance which I guess I would categorize as "disinterested". They don't seem to care. They don't put in any of the extra effort required to win. It seems they settle for just saying "I'll out-score the other team and if that doesn't work; oh well".
Doesn't seem to be any defensive effort or joy in playing. I understand the theory that they will turn it on in the playoffs but its certainly not fun to watch.
Lastly, with the team being lost and disinterested now it might not be a good time to interject a new variable with Cousins. Things could get really confused.

I disagree with the Cousins thing. The team could use an injection of energy and Boogie could be the one to bring it. Sure there's going to be rough moments of learning, but they need something to just change it up.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with the Cousins thing. The team could use an injection of energy and Boogie could be the one to bring it. Sure there's going to be rough moments of learning, but they need something to just change it up.
I don't know. Adding an unknown variable into an already confused situation might just backfire. As poorly as they are playing I suppose it wouldn't hurt.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching this...man such a different feel. And Bogut was such an integral part of the call movement that he never got his due from. @LAD and I had good times arguing his value lol.

I miss these Warriors too.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching this...man such a different feel. And Bogut was such an integral part of the call movement that he never got his due from. @LAD and I had good times arguing his value lol.

I miss these Warriors too.

Yep. Me too. Those are some serious high percentage shots. When everyone gets involved everyone stays alert and the game is fun.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the first half of the Laker game but the listless performance left me with no desire to watch the second half. No anger, no disappointment just no interest in watching a disinterested, unmotivated team go through the motions of playing a game.
I see a team that now has poor chemistry and seemingly no longer enjoys playing with and supporting each other. Funny how these things always seem to happen to potential dynasties; especially in the NBA.
I'm not longer buying the "Warriors will turn it on at playoff time" story. This is not the same team

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the first half of the Laker game but the listless performance left me with no desire to watch the second half. No anger, no disappointment just no interest in watching a disinterested, unmotivated team go through the motions of playing a game.
I see a team that now has poor chemistry and seemingly no longer enjoys playing with and supporting each other. Funny how these things always seem to happen to potential dynasties; especially in the NBA.
I'm not longer buying the "Warriors will turn it on at playoff time" story. This is not the same team
"Potential" dynasties LOL

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Potential" dynasties LOL
I think they had a chance for a once in a generation, maybe even more, chance at a dynasty and the players are letting it go. This sport in particular has just to much of "it's all about me" thing going with the players and basketball is a game you must play as a team within defined roles in order to be successful long term.
The championship vibe is gone. They won't even make it to the finals this year.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy got some footage of Draymond in the gym this morning puttin in work!!!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they had a chance for a once in a generation, maybe even more, chance at a dynasty and the players are letting it go. This sport in particular has just to much of "it's all about me" thing going with the players and basketball is a game you must play as a team within defined roles in order to be successful long term.
The championship vibe is gone. They won't even make it to the finals this year.
Regardless of what they do this year, the dynasty is already in the books. The 2017 team was one of the greatest ever. 3 rings in 4 years is a dynasty.

Plus they probably win another title this year. But even if not, dynasty confirmed.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of what they do this year, the dynasty is already in the books. The 2017 team was one of the greatest ever. 3 rings in 4 years is a dynasty.

Plus they probably win another title this year. But even if not, dynasty confirmed.
Debatable but we'd need at least one more before I'd be on board with the dynasty talk.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Debatable but we'd need at least one more before I'd be on board with the dynasty talk.
Oh that explains it, you must have me confused with someone who gives a shit what you think