• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montalban's official bitch about the Warriors thread (2018-19)

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No discernible talent is a bit of a reach. But I guess that doesn't fit your political narrative here. Carry on.
What do you know about my "political narrative"? She has a big mouth; have you forgotten how she tried to tell other NBA wives how they should dress? No one gives a shit.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you know about my "political narrative"? She has a big mouth; have you forgotten how she tried to tell other NBA wives how they should dress? No one gives a shit.

You're the one who said she has no discernible talent. Why mention it? Is it because you feel she's not entitled to an opinion?

She has a big mouth because she offered to feed the National Champions a better meal than cold french fries from McDonalds? Oh how dare she run her mouth. LOL.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the one who said she has no discernible talent. Why mention it? Is it because you feel she's not entitled to an opinion?

She has a big mouth because she offered to feed the National Champions a better meal than cold french fries from McDonalds? Oh how dare she run her mouth. LOL.
No. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but you share it at your own risk. She hasn't earned the platform she has.
And you know as well as I do that your second paragraph is bullshit. She was looking for an excuse to disrespect the President. Don't play dumb; it doesn't suit you.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but you share it at your own risk. She hasn't earned the platform she has.
And you know as well as I do that your second paragraph is bullshit. She was looking for an excuse to disrespect the President. Don't play dumb; it doesn't suit you.

Or could be that she's a published author of a best selling cook book and an owner of one of the most exclusive restaurants in the bay area? Or maybe because she's even had shows on Food Network of all places. It's not like she's some random house-wife offering to feed the National Champs. LOL. Again, you're just reaching for any reason to criticize.

If you can honestly think of a good reason why Trump didn't just hire a small business caterer to provide a solid meal for these kids, I'd be open to hearing it. I'm not even talking high end catering, just like someone who did BBQ food. And hell, forget about Trump, the White House, etc. If YOU, personally, are having a party at your house are you going to buy serving your guests a spread of Big Macs and Chicken Nuggets?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did she offer to have the team over for a real feast, or just say she would have done more? And were the fried cold? From all the “world is ending” coverage this event has received in the media, I hadn’t seen any temperature readings...

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or could be that she's a published author of a best selling cook book and an owner of one of the most exclusive restaurants in the bay area? Or maybe because she's even had shows on Food Network of all places. It's not like she's some random house-wife offering to feed the National Champs. LOL. Again, you're just reaching for any reason to criticize.

If you can honestly think of a good reason why Trump didn't just hire a small business caterer to provide a solid meal for these kids, I'd be open to hearing it. I'm not even talking high end catering, just like someone who did BBQ food. And hell, forget about Trump, the White House, etc. If YOU, personally, are having a party at your house are you going to buy serving your guests a spread of Big Macs and Chicken Nuggets?
C'mon man. Why do you think that is? As I said, dumb doesn't suit you.

As for paragraph 2. Every college kid's favorite food is fast food. They've been having to eat healthy all season to stay in shape. Time to eat what they love. They could be seen gorging on the pizza, the burgers the tacos. Guarantee they liked it better than some bullshit noveau cuisine from the Bay Area of all places. And the dude paid for it out of his own pocket.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did she offer to have the team over for a real feast, or just say she would have done more? And were the fried cold? From all the “world is ending” coverage this event has received in the media, I hadn’t seen any temperature readings...

From my sources deep within the White House, I can confirm that the fries were indeed cold.

And this is really much ado about nothing, IMO. Politicizing it is just dumb. He served tacky food at a party. Donald Trump the PERSON is tacky for doing this. It's just exacerbated because he's the president. If you read about Bill Gates hosting a party for college kids and served them the same thing, I'd think he was tacky as hell about it too. Doesn't matter your political affiliation.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon man. Why do you think that is? As I said, dumb doesn't suit you.

As for paragraph 2. Every college kid's favorite food is fast food. They've been having to eat healthy all season to stay in shape. Time to eat what they love. They could be seen gorging on the pizza, the burgers the tacos. Guarantee they liked it better than some bullshit noveau cuisine from the Bay Area of all places. And the dude paid for it out of his own pocket.

Lol, ok go ahead and speak for the masses about what EVERY college kid likes to eat. You don't think they would have enjoyed some BBQ ribs or some pulled pork sandwiches instead of a Big Mac? I'm not talking about some fucking arugula salad, I'm talking something good and hearty.

And the cost for something of that nature would be like $30 a head. I've had people cater BBQ for me before in the bay area and generally it's around that price range. That's not an exorbitant amount for 100 people if you're a Billionaire.

Again it's not about Donald Trump the President, it's Donald Trump the person, who just happens to be President. If Bill Gates served this food I'd be shitting all over him too for being tacky as hell.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, ok go ahead and speak for the masses about what EVERY college kid likes to eat. You don't think they would have enjoyed some BBQ ribs or some pulled pork sandwiches instead of a Big Mac? I'm not talking about some fucking arugula salad, I'm talking something good and hearty.

And the cost for something of that nature would be like $30 a head. I've had people cater BBQ for me before in the bay area and generally it's around that price range. That's not an exorbitant amount for 100 people if you're a Billionaire.

Again it's not about Donald Trump the President, it's Donald Trump the person, who just happens to be President. If Bill Gates served this food I'd be shitting all over him too for being tacky as hell.
Why are you fixated on the Big Mac? Does it fit your political narrative? There were many options for them to eat. He made a nice gesture but no matter what he does a certain group of people will always criticize him for it.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you fixated on the Big Mac? Does it fit your political narrative? There were many options for them to eat. He made a nice gesture but no matter what he does a certain group of people will always criticize him for it.

I have no political narrative on this. Like I said, it has nothing to do with Donald Trump the President. It has everything to do with the person. It's my own PERSONAL OPINION that it's tacky as shit to serve hamburgers, chicken nuggets and french fries of major fast food joints at a party, especially when you have the means. It's not like he was some joe off the street who decided he wanted to do something nice for a bunch of hungry college kids. It was a BILLIONAIRE, serving the National Champions. These are people who were dressed in suits who came to meet you. This will likely be the highlight of some of their lives, to be able to visit the White House and meet a sitting President. And you, a BILLIONAIRE, could scrounge up $30 bucks a head to provide something a little better?

That's tacky bro.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And what certain groups of people are you referring to? You're not making this political now are you?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no political narrative on this. Like I said, it has nothing to do with Donald Trump the President. It has everything to do with the person. It's my own PERSONAL OPINION that it's tacky as shit to serve hamburgers, chicken nuggets and french fries of major fast food joints at a party, especially when you have the means. It's not like he was some joe off the street who decided he wanted to do something nice for a bunch of hungry college kids. It was a BILLIONAIRE, serving the National Champions. These are people who were dressed in suits who came to meet you. This will likely be the highlight of some of their lives, to be able to visit the White House and meet a sitting President. And you, a BILLIONAIRE, could scrounge up $30 bucks a head to provide something a little better?

That's tacky bro.
But you assumed I did? It was the first thing out of your mouth. Your consternation at a bunch of college kids getting the food they love is a little suspect.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what certain groups of people are you referring to? You're not making this political now are you?
The press in general and liberal douchebags like the Currys. Nice try though.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you assumed I did? It was the first thing out of your mouth. Your consternation at a bunch of college kids getting the food they love is a little suspect.

I've gone back and read everything and perhaps it was me who assigned that political affiliation too quickly. I apologize for saying it was about politics. It said "Trump" and not "President" in the headline.

Still I'm sure College kids love lots of other food, not exclusively fast food. My opinion as a former college kid.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gone back and read everything and perhaps it was me who assigned that political affiliation too quickly. I apologize for saying it was about politics. It said "Trump" and not "President" in the headline.

Still I'm sure College kids love lots of other food, not exclusively fast food. My opinion as a former college kid.
Fair enough.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There it is...
Those are the folks who look to attack the President at every opportunity. To make an issue out of feeding college kids fast food is absurd and a huge reach.