• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montalban's official bitch about the Warriors thread (2018-19)

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night's game was disappointing for sure. They looked listless and didn't come to play

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night's game was disappointing for sure. They looked listless and didn't come to play

Yep, an old fashioned butt-kicking. I suspect the team will play differently in the playoffs. And they won't be that bad too often. Klay and Dray need to be better for sure.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that explains it, you must have me confused with someone who gives a shit what you think
I guess I was confused. You seem more than to give a shit about me, you seem obsessed.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My theory is Lakers > Warriors. :dhd:

At this point I don't disagree.

After some additional thought, there are a few bigger issues than my gripes about Kerr and his offensive system right now.

Aside from KD, Steph, Jerebko and Looney, literally every other player on the roster is playing sub-par. That's not a great recipe for success. Right now Klay and Draymond are not playing like all-stars. They're playing like role players. Those two players in the past have really defined the way the Warriors play.

Klay was able to space the floor and knock down open shots, but in addition to not making them he's taking an absurd number of poor shots. His defense I believe is also a bit down as well, mostly as a reflection of his frustration on the offensive end. In general he's more engaged defensively when he's playing well offensively. I haven't seen him make that much of an impact defensively this year aside from a few games here and there.

Draymond...man he's been the biggest issue. It's not a lack of effort, but there's some genuine disconnect with his game. He's had major shoulder injuries the last two years which I believe have significantly affected his shooting. He's also had a toe injury which we really don't know the significance of, but he's missed a lot of time due to that. His entire game seems like a pace slow on everything.

Iguodala, Livingston and Bell have been bad for the most part. Cook and McKinney have had their moments, but they're not really consistent from game to game.

I really don't feel like there's a lack of effort, but I think there's a real possibility that this team is just...old. It certainly feels that way. By average age, there are only 6 teams in the NBA with an older roster than the Warriors: Spurs, Clippers, Mavs, Heat, Wizards and Rockets.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After some additional thought, there are a few bigger issues than my gripes about Kerr and his offensive system right now.

Aside from KD, Steph, Jerebko and Looney, literally every other player on the roster is playing sub-par. That's not a great recipe for success. Right now Klay and Draymond are not playing like all-stars. They're playing like role players. Those two players in the past have really defined the way the Warriors play.

Klay was able to space the floor and knock down open shots, but in addition to not making them he's taking an absurd number of poor shots. His defense I believe is also a bit down as well, mostly as a reflection of his frustration on the offensive end. In general he's more engaged defensively when he's playing well offensively. I haven't seen him make that much of an impact defensively this year aside from a few games here and there.

Draymond...man he's been the biggest issue. It's not a lack of effort, but there's some genuine disconnect with his game. He's had major shoulder injuries the last two years which I believe have significantly affected his shooting. He's also had a toe injury which we really don't know the significance of, but he's missed a lot of time due to that. His entire game seems like a pace slow on everything.

Iguodala, Livingston and Bell have been bad for the most part. Cook and McKinney have had their moments, but they're not really consistent from game to game.

I really don't feel like there's a lack of effort, but I think there's a real possibility that this team is just...old. It certainly feels that way. By average age, there are only 6 teams in the NBA with an older roster than the Warriors: Spurs, Clippers, Mavs, Heat, Wizards and Rockets.
Turns out instead of Cousins being this extra thing that is a throw in to a no doubt title team, he is going to be the key to them winning again. They need him badly.

I get why non-fans just assume they will win again this year but if you watch closely you can see this year is something new.

I can't think of another team I'd say has a better shot to win the title this year, but the gap is razor thin. No shock at all if this is the year the dynasty ends.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My theory is Lakers > Warriors. :dhd:
Same thing Damon Jones said this morning on Get Up. He said Dubs will finish second in the West to the L.A. Lebrons

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. I was stunned that he just stood there with hands on hips looking discouraged instead of giving chance when James stole a pass intended for him in the first quarter and was heading down the opposite way on a break. Granted, he wouldn't have caught him but at least pretend that you care instead of just pouting.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thing Damon Jones said this morning on Get Up. He said Dubs will finish second in the West to the L.A. Lebrons

Yeah, but he based that on his belief that Magic is going to trade for AD around the trade deadline. I don't think he believes that the Lakers are winning the West as they are currently constructed.

If he does, I want some of what he's smoking because it's better than what I am. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I haven't watched as much of the Warriors as you have obviously. What I saw in the Christmas game was the Lakers coming out trying to prove something, while the Warriors had their fairly typical slow start.

Then, they made their usual 3rd quarter run and with Lebron out, I thought the game was over.

But, Rondo and the kids stepped up, never gave up the lead and went into the 4th with the lead.

At that point, it seemed like the Warriors basically said "If they want it that bad, let them have it. We got Christmas dinner waiting". lol

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but he based that on his belief that Magic is going to trade for AD around the trade deadline. I don't think he believes that the Lakers are winning the West as they are currently constructed.

If he does, I want some of what he's smoking because it's better than what I am. lol
I didn't hear that part. No way he gets Davis; not this year anyway.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one remaining thing of interest this year will be to see how Cousins does if he recovers from his injury. I'm looking forward to that possibility.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't hear that part. No way he gets Davis; not this year anyway.

Probably not. I won't say 0% chance like some say. But I think it's unlikely.

Most seem to think that the Pelicans will wait until he officially turns down a supermax before they look to move him.

If his move to Klutch, is about him joining Lebron and the Lakers as some have suggested...then I could see that happening in season, close to the trade deadline.

Right now, the Pelicans are 15-20, in last place in the Southwest and sitting as the 14th seed in the west. This is despite AD playing at an MVP level.

If they are still in that same position closer to the trade deadline, I could see Klutch informing the Pelicans that there's no way AD is re-signing with them and trying to orchestrate a trade.

The question then would be, will the Pelicans decide to force AD's hand by not trading him and making him actually turn down the official offer...or will they decide to just get started on the rebuild early?

Even if they decide to move him, there are at least a couple of teams that could put together a better offer than the Lakers can.

So Klutch would also have to get the word out that AD isn't re-signing with anyone but the Lakers and hope that drives down the offers.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch the Portland game. Can't bring myself to care when the playes themselves do not care. I think they'll play slightly above .500 the rest of the way and attempt to turn it on in the playoffs. Whether they'll do that successfully or not is another question; to much dysfunction on the team now.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch the Portland game. Can't bring myself to care when the playes themselves do not care. I think they'll play slightly above .500 the rest of the way and attempt to turn it on in the playoffs. Whether they'll do that successfully or not is another question; to much dysfunction on the team now.

IMO, they actually played with heart last night, it's just that their shots weren't falling. They held the Blazers to 36% FG percentage which is amazing. Klay shot only 6-19, but he was incredible on defense against Dame and CJ (who combined for 14 of 42). The team overall played fantastic defense which helped them have an opportunity to steal a game which they shouldn't have won based on their shooting.

KD and Draymond hit clutch shots to put them in a position to win, even when the team couldn't buy a bucket. It was a game that showed a lot of heart and what the Warriors have been missing lately. From the 3rd quarter on, I saw brief moments of joy that I haven't seen all year from this team. The crowd was engaged. Unfortunately that stupid turnover by Curry at the end of the game cost them the opportunity at the W, but from a TEAM perspective, I'm hopeful after this loss.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, they actually played with heart last night, it's just that their shots weren't falling. They held the Blazers to 36% FG percentage which is amazing. Klay shot only 6-19, but he was incredible on defense against Dame and CJ (who combined for 14 of 42). The team overall played fantastic defense which helped them have an opportunity to steal a game which they shouldn't have won based on their shooting.

KD and Draymond hit clutch shots to put them in a position to win, even when the team couldn't buy a bucket. It was a game that showed a lot of heart and what the Warriors have been missing lately. From the 3rd quarter on, I saw brief moments of joy that I haven't seen all year from this team. The crowd was engaged. Unfortunately that stupid turnover by Curry at the end of the game cost them the opportunity at the W, but from a TEAM perspective, I'm hopeful after this loss.
I'll have to take your word for it because I didn't watch. I assumed they followed the same old blueprint of falling way behind, making a run then choking at the end.
BTW I like your old avatar waaaaaaay better than your new one

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Thompson break out of his funk; even if it is for only one game. Good road win.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t stand Harden...

But dayum, that was a mother fucking shot...