• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montalban's official bitch about the Warriors thread (2018-19)

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not without Draymond (who was also out when Milwaukee whooped them in GS).

Also, where we stand in early December has very little to do with how we perform in April-June.
I want to see the body language and if they believe they can win or will they quit like they did last time against Milwaukee.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see the body language and if they believe they can win or will they quit like they did last time against Milwaukee.

LOL at you

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at you
Last time they played they quit. They were getting dominated and it seemed they just gave up. Even Kerr was not animated at all in the huddles.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time they played they quit. They were getting dominated and it seemed they just gave up. Even Kerr was not animated at all in the huddles.

Well, I guess if that happens again we can write off the season.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not, The Rockets did.
Exactly, this team has never shown any ability to win playoff games. I think we can all agree if they lose tonight the season is done.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, this team has never shown any ability to win playoff games. I think we can all agree if they lose tonight the season is done.
Phew. We sure dodged a bullet there. Good thing they won.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge win for the team's psyche and their confidence. I guess MSGKing's rantings of gloom and doom if they lost in post 186 are on hold. Go Dubs!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge win for the team's psyche and their confidence. I guess MSGKing's rantings of gloom and doom if they lost in post 186 are on hold. Go Dubs!

You are funny.

@msgkings322 point is that there is absolutely nothing (short of major long term injuries) that will in any way impact the Warriors confidence in the playoffs.

This team when fully healthy is head and shoulders above the rest of the league and it isn't close.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are funny.

@[B]msgkings322[/B] point is that there is absolutely nothing (short of major long term injuries) that will in any way impact the Warriors confidence in the playoffs.

This team when fully healthy is head and shoulders above the rest of the league and it isn't close.
No. Clearly, in post 180, MSG was thinking the Dubs would lose because he was setting up the excuse that Green would not be playing. I, on the other hand, was correct when I said we'd learn something about the Dubs last night and we did. We learned that they can play defense when they want to and that they sent a message that they are still the team to beat. Me being correct when it comes to the Warriors is nothing unusual though as you are well aware

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors put a whuppin on Minnesota.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Window is out again tonight

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get a chance to see the game last night but hopefully the Warriors were just goofing around again being lazy cause if they got whupped like that at home by the Raptors without Kawhi Leonard, and they were really trying, they might be in trouble.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get a chance to see the game last night but hopefully the Warriors were just goofing around again being lazy cause if they got whupped like that at home by the Raptors without Kawhi Leonard, and they were really trying, they might be in trouble.

Raptors simply outplayed the Warriors. Every cliche you want to give about them wanting it more, aptly fit that game. Warriors were super lethargic, uninterested and unfocused. It would be one game where if you called them pathetic, I would agree with you.

BUT, as much as I blame the players for the effort, Kerr's offense was really exposed by the Raptors. Sure it's just the regular season, but if these teams meet again in the playoffs, I would expect DRASTIC changes from Kerr and staff. The Raptors were pressuring up high and there were no utilization of back-cuts. There were absolutely no adjustments from the team coming out of halftime.

The Raptors played really well and they deserved to win that game. But the entire Warriors team, I'm talking both players and coaching, were responsible for that L.

I've been harping all year on Kerr and this is the first year in his career where his back is really up against the Wall. This is going to be the true test of how good of a coach he really is.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raptors simply outplayed the Warriors. Every cliche you want to give about them wanting it more, aptly fit that game. Warriors were super lethargic, uninterested and unfocused. It would be one game where if you called them pathetic, I would agree with you.

BUT, as much as I blame the players for the effort, Kerr's offense was really exposed by the Raptors. Sure it's just the regular season, but if these teams meet again in the playoffs, I would expect DRASTIC changes from Kerr and staff. The Raptors were pressuring up high and there were no utilization of back-cuts. There were absolutely no adjustments from the team coming out of halftime.

The Raptors played really well and they deserved to win that game. But the entire Warriors team, I'm talking both players and coaching, were responsible for that L.

I've been harping all year on Kerr and this is the first year in his career where his back is really up against the Wall. This is going to be the true test of how good of a coach he really is.
As I've been saying this entire season, this year's team is different. The ball movement, players moving without the ball and teamwork from the past is gone. Now they are just a very talented group of individuals who play one on one basketball while the ones who don't have the ball stand around and watch.
The teamwork, players moving without the ball and ball movement which characterized the Warrior teams of the past few years is gone now they look just like any number of other teams in the league.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've been saying this entire season, this year's team is different. The ball movement, players moving without the ball and teamwork from the past is gone. Now they are just a very talented group of individuals who play one on one basketball while the ones who don't have the ball stand around and watch.
The teamwork, players moving without the ball and ball movement which characterized the Warrior teams of the past few years is gone now they look just like any number of other teams in the league.
Welp, no title this year. Cavs in 6!

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, and this is, IMO, 100% the coaching staff's fault.

The offense itself is stagnant. There's no energy to it. There's much less free flow through-out and you're seeing many more sets that result in low percentage shots. It's mind boggling to see the difference in the offense from when Kerr first took over in 14-15 to now.

Honestly I think a lot of this has to do with KD. I'm not blaming it on him, more so Kerr is trying to incorporate him and his skill set into the offense. What it has resulted in, is giving KD more opportunity with the ball strictly in his hands, versus being a team that would just result in the best look getting the shot.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, and this is, IMO, 100% the coaching staff's fault.

The offense itself is stagnant. There's no energy to it. There's much less free flow through-out and you're seeing many more sets that result in low percentage shots. It's mind boggling to see the difference in the offense from when Kerr first took over in 14-15 to now.

Honestly I think a lot of this has to do with KD. I'm not blaming it on him, more so Kerr is trying to incorporate him and his skill set into the offense. What it has resulted in, is giving KD more opportunity with the ball strictly in his hands, versus being a team that would just result in the best look getting the shot.
I agree, but he is so talented that they could get away with it. But I noticed the same thing even when they were winning titles with Durant. This year though it seems to have carried over to the others as well when they get their opportunities with the ball. I've noticed that Thompson is taking more bad, or low percentage shots as well. Can't say with Curry; there seems to be no low percentage shot for him. Just when you think he made a poor shot choice, it goes in. He does need to cut down on his turnovers and carelessness with the ball though.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but he is so talented that they could get away with it. But I noticed the same thing even when they were winning titles with Durant. This year though it seems to have carried over to the others as well when they get their opportunities with the ball. I've noticed that Thompson is taking more bad, or low percentage shots as well. Can't say with Curry; there seems to be no low percentage shot for him. Just when you think he made a poor shot choice, it goes in. He does need to cut down on his turnovers and carelessness with the ball though.

I think the guys are taking more poor shots as a result of two things: 1) less overall ball movement 2) poor half court sets resulting in more lower percentage looks.

When the ball gets stagnant, guys of the scoring caliber of KD and Klay can get impatient with their shots. Because opportunities are not being created as easily, this results in lower percentage shots.

Additionally the sets Kerr has been running has resulted in a maddening amount of long 2's being shot. I mean if you watch the game look at how many 2 pt attempts Klay is taking and KD are taking. They're coming off curls and down screens but it results in them taking a lot more long 2's.

KD's 2 pt attempts per game have increased from 11.8 to 15.0 per game this year. Klay's 2 pt attempts per game has increased from 9.0 to 11.9 this year. That's not a coincidence. That's a result of poor offensive sets that are resulting in more opportunities for them to shoot these.

Lastly it's also been a bit tough because Draymond's been out a significant amount of time this year and he's really the main facilitator of this team. I think when Steph and Draymond were out, this team developed some bad habits because of less ball movement. Draymond needs to be a bit more offensive minded. The last 3 years he's averaged in double figures, but this year he's down to 6.6 points a game. I think that'll come with time, but we're going to need some offensive production from him and Andre Iguodala. Iguodala's down to 4.8 points per game. That's atrocious.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the guys are taking more poor shots as a result of two things: 1) less overall ball movement 2) poor half court sets resulting in more lower percentage looks.

When the ball gets stagnant, guys of the scoring caliber of KD and Klay can get impatient with their shots. Because opportunities are not being created as easily, this results in lower percentage shots.

Additionally the sets Kerr has been running has resulted in a maddening amount of long 2's being shot. I mean if you watch the game look at how many 2 pt attempts Klay is taking and KD are taking. They're coming off curls and down screens but it results in them taking a lot more long 2's.

KD's 2 pt attempts per game have increased from 11.8 to 15.0 per game this year. Klay's 2 pt attempts per game has increased from 9.0 to 11.9 this year. That's not a coincidence. That's a result of poor offensive sets that are resulting in more opportunities for them to shoot these.

Lastly it's also been a bit tough because Draymond's been out a significant amount of time this year and he's really the main facilitator of this team. I think when Steph and Draymond were out, this team developed some bad habits because of less ball movement. Draymond needs to be a bit more offensive minded. The last 3 years he's averaged in double figures, but this year he's down to 6.6 points a game. I think that'll come with time, but we're going to need some offensive production from him and Andre Iguodala. Iguodala's down to 4.8 points per game. That's atrocious.
Hard to argue with any of this. You've been paying attention. What do they do about it? If we see it, heaven knows that Kerr and the staff see it. Why is nothing being done? That's what galls me.