• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montalban's official bitch about the Warriors thread (2018-19)

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I wouldn't. I don't care who provided it. The food was for the players. The only thing I care about is...did the players like it?

From everything I've read and heard, they loved it. So, I have no issue with it.
Fair enough. I have no problem with it either, but it is tacky. Then again, so are college kids.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll accept that argument from you but not from me. Maybe I'm the "Trump" to his "Pelosi"

No you're the one politicizing it. I'm making the statement from an actual individual perspective, and you not allowing anyone else to voice their displeasure without making it political is stupid.

You're the "Anthony Bennet" to my "Anthony Davis".

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure being Steph Curry's wife didn't hurt. But as a cook, she is absolutely legit. I've made a couple of her dishes.

Being his wife may have gotten her a look, but her skills got her the show.
Its all about the opportunity though and she got that solely because she is Curry's wife.......in my opinion. Still though it does not make her an authority on politics but she seems to think it does; Steph Curry is the same.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't seem like it watching that huge first half. Saw a lot of brilliant shooting but not the same ball movement and moving without the ball from two years ago. Some of that could be the addition of Durant with his style of play and losing Bogut.
And yet there was lots of ball movement and moving without the ball, hence the 38 assists. Ever wonder why so many shots went in? Maybe due to great passes getting guys open looks, guys moving without the ball catching and shooting coming around picks?

Again, why do you enjoy beclowning yourself so? That was their best offensive game of the year, but you do you.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just genuinely curious, can you critique Donald Trump as an individual still or is he now only just the President? Because you can support a President and still not agree with their individual choices as a person. He didn't make the decision to serve food as the President because as you said, he paid for it out of his pocket. He did so as Donald Trump, billionaire.

Any critique I have of the situation is based on my own personal preference and unbiased towards political affiliation. I've been a college kid who lived off Jack-in-the-Box and Taco Bell for a vast majority of my time there. Doesn't mean that I wouldn't have appreciated the opportunity to have something of a little quality. As I said, I'd rip any billionaire who served fast food at a prestigious event.
Fair enough but I loved those days; lived for that food.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you're the one politicizing it. I'm making the statement from an actual individual perspective, and you not allowing anyone else to voice their displeasure without making it political is stupid.

You're the "Anthony Bennet" to my "Anthony Davis".
First paragraph; ridiculous. 2nd paragraph, pretty damn funny.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet there was lots of ball movement and moving without the ball, hence the 38 assists. Ever wonder why so many shots went in? Maybe due to great passes getting guys open looks, guys moving without the ball catching and shooting coming around picks?

Again, why do you enjoy beclowning me so? That was their best offensive game of the year, but you do you.
More like 10 3s in the first quarter. I do enjoy clowning you though; it might be seen as bullying the weak but I do enjoy it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, why do you enjoy beclowning me so? That was their best offensive game of the year, but you do you.
You show that you did not watch the game with this statement. You simply looked at the results (38 assists) and made an assumption based on that; a silly assumption at that.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF you accomplished something great. Great enough to earn a personal invitation to the White House where a meal was served...

Are you telling me you wouldn't be disappointed if that meal was fast food?

I don't think Trump would serve that meal to a group of foreign nationals. Why serve it to these kids who are on what could be a once in a lifetime trip? It is tacky as hell.
Yes. Especially at that age.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like 10 3s in the first quarter. I do enjoy clowning you though; it might be seen as bullying the weak but I do enjoy it.

I get what you're saying, but there was actually some real quality ball movement. There's always a balance that needs to be met when you have elite shooters and scorers, but I thought overall it was as great of a team performance as you'll see. Great shooting always helps, but it also helps to open the court. Check out some of the plays they made. Great screens, good hard cuts, pushing the pace in transition and some ridiculous iso shots that are the norm for this team.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% accurate.

As I said, it's my own personal preference and I think while there are a good amount of people ripping the President for his food choice because of political affiliation, there are plenty more ripping him just because it also wouldn't be their personal preference.

I'm in my mid 30's so a good ways removed from college. I lived on fast food as well in college because jack in the box tacos go extremely well with smoking a shit ton of weed.
Ain't that the truth.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're saying, but there was actually some real quality ball movement. There's always a balance that needs to be met when you have elite shooters and scorers, but I thought overall it was as great of a team performance as you'll see. Great shooting always helps, but it also helps to open the court. Check out some of the plays they made. Great screens, good hard cuts, pushing the pace in transition and some ridiculous iso shots that are the norm for this team.

Yep. But the effort and intensity on defense was what stood out to me; along with the outrageous shooting.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You show that you did not watch the game with this statement. You simply looked at the results (38 assists) and made an assumption based on that; a silly assumption at that.
Just because you say the sky is green doesn't make it so.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. But the effort and intensity on defense was what stood out to me; along with the outrageous shooting.
Yep, so from now on I'll just let CitySushi tell you there was good ball movement, since he just said what I did and you agreed. Clown shoes.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its all about the opportunity though and she got that solely because she is Curry's wife.......in my opinion. Still though it does not make her an authority on politics but she seems to think it does; Steph Curry is the same.

Sure it is. And?

End of the day, it doesn't matter why she got the opportunity. It matters that she is actually good at what she does. If her show sucked, that would be a different story. But it doesn't and she can actually cook.

Heck, I have my job because a very good friend of mine, who had already retired from the company, knew I could do the job and made a phone call on my behalf.

I agree that it doesn't make her an authority on politics and I agree that she shouldn't be politicizing what was supposed to be a reward for a bunch of college kids. But it doesn't change the fact that she's good at what she does regardless of why she got the opportunity.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, so from now on I'll just let CitySushi tell you there was good ball movement, since he just said what I did and you agreed. Clown shoes.
Well he has credibility and you don't. He watched the game and you didn't. You figure it out.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it is. And?

End of the day, it doesn't matter why she got the opportunity. It matters that she is actually good at what she does. If her show sucked, that would be a different story. But it doesn't and she can actually cook.

Heck, I have my job because a very good friend of mine, who had already retired from the company, knew I could do the job and made a phone call on my behalf.

I agree that it doesn't make her an authority on politics and I agree that she shouldn't be politicizing what was supposed to be a reward for a bunch of college kids. But it doesn't change the fact that she's good at what she does regardless of why she got the opportunity.
It bothers me when famous people think they should tell you how to think; especially ones who only got a platform because of who they are married to.