• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montalban's official bitch about the Warriors thread (2018-19)

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the #1 pick again for the Warriors cannot play at this level and is another bust. They haven't drafted well lately. Had high hopes for Bell; liked his enthusiasm and hops but he seems to have capped out. v Do like the addition of Jerebko
How many guys drafted #30 or so do anything though? Lately thats where they have been picking, due to all the winning. Dray is a very rare late pick who is very good.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many guys drafted #30 or so do anything though? Lately thats where they have been picking, due to all the winning. Dray is a very rare late pick who is very good.
Not sure, but it seems to me there should be at least 30 quality players coming out of college every year; maybe not.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure, but it seems to me there should be at least 30 quality players coming out of college every year; maybe not.
Not really, go back and look. Many many late picks wash out of the league every year.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever reason Detroit has done ok against the Warriors

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a lot to do with Drummond, they don't have much to counter a guy like that

The dude is having a monster year.

And really the Blake trade not looking as bad anymore.

Barring injuries my Pistons should be in the 4-6 range.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a lot to do with Drummond, they don't have much to counter a guy like that

They will in about a month or so.

But I guess it isn't possible for the Warriors to "miss Cousins".

Because those matchups look a lot better with Green and Cousins in the lineup.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Finally you understand
Green is missed. Cousins? Is he known for defense?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Finally you understand
Green is missed. Cousins? Is he known for defense?

lol

Imo, you are both right to an extent.

msgkings is right that you don't really miss what you've never had. Boogie has never played even 1 second in a Warriors uniform and we don't know what he's going to have left when he can play again or if he will fit with what the Warriors do or their culture.

tlance is right from the perspective that the 1 spot where the Warriors have been "vulnerable" during this run of theirs, has been in the middle. So, they have always missed having a player who can play the middle. Assuming that Boogie is close to where he was pre-injury, they have always missed what he should bring. So, in that sense, they do miss him.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Imo, you are both right to an extent.

msgkings is right that you don't really miss what you've never had. Boogie has never played even 1 second in a Warriors uniform and we don't know what he's going to have left when he can play again or if he will fit with what the Warriors do or their culture.

tlance is right from the perspective that the 1 spot where the Warriors have been "vulnerable" during this run of theirs, has been in the middle. So, they have always missed having a player who can play the middle. Assuming that Boogie is close to where he was pre-injury, they have always missed what he should bring. So, in that sense, they do miss him.
I know, I get what tlance is saying, I just don't see why he doesn't get what I'm saying. Also, again, is Cousins an answer for interior defense? Green is for sure. They almost need a healthy Bogut type more than Cousins. But any additional guys will help, if only my making the bench better, since a current starter will now come off the bench

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I get what tlance is saying, I just don't see why he doesn't get what I'm saying. Also, again, is Cousins an answer for interior defense? Green is for sure. They almost need a healthy Bogut type more than Cousins. But any additional guys will help, if only my making the bench better, since a current starter will now come off the bench

No, but he is a big, strong athletic body to bang with Drummond. They have never had that. And honestly Green isn't the best answer there either.

Also, I completely disagree about Bogut. Bogut was a good post defender and rim protector. Not as good in pick and roll. His defense was very overrated against most of the top competitors for GS who run pick and roll non stop.

And I get what you are saying. But to be honest, you are making a Wiggy like deal about semantics here.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but he is a big, strong athletic body to bang with Drummond. They have never had that. And honestly Green isn't the best answer there either.

Also, I completely disagree about Bogut. Bogut was a good post defender and rim protector. Not as good in pick and roll. His defense was very overrated against most of the top competitors for GS who run pick and roll non stop.

And I get what you are saying. But to be honest, you are making a Wiggy like deal about semantics here.

OK now it's on. How dare you compare me to Wiggy?!? :comeatmebro::slaphappy::fencing:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the type of problem I'm hoping Cousins can help with.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the type of problem I'm hoping Cousins can help with.
So are the rest of us. I made the point that Cousins has always been more about offense, not much of a rep as a defender, but tlance pointed out he's a big body who is a step up from Looney or Bell and that's true.

Plus if you can integrate him into the system, no way anyone beats 5 all Stars 4 out of 7, you don't need all NBA level defense from him

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are the rest of us. I made the point that Cousins has always been more about offense, not much of a rep as a defender, but tlance pointed out he's a big body who is a step up from Looney or Bell and that's true.

Plus if you can integrate him into the system, no way anyone beats 5 all Stars 4 out of 7, you don't need all NBA level defense from him
I'm thinking Cousins can play defense if he wants to, and rebound. That's what they need. Hopefully he'll accept that role.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Cousins can play defense if he wants to, and rebound. That's what they need. Hopefully he'll accept that role.

I think once he hits his swing and gets his full assortment of minutes, you all will be surprised by his role.

I might be wrong, but I see him a star like a super Draymond with less defense. I think his typical stat line will look something like this in 30 minutes:

12-14 points
11-13 rebounds
5-7 assists

I don't think he will take a ton of shots, but they will run offense through him.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think once he hits his swing and gets his full assortment of minutes, you all will be surprised by his role.

I might be wrong, but I see him a star like a super Draymond with less defense. I think his typical stat line will look something like this in 30 minutes:

12-14 points
11-13 rebounds
5-7 assists

I don't think he will take a ton of shots, but they will run offense through him.
That would be interesting

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to learn a lot about where this team stands tonight.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to learn a lot about where this team stands tonight.

Not without Draymond (who was also out when Milwaukee whooped them in GS).

Also, where we stand in early December has very little to do with how we perform in April-June.