• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montalban's official bitch about the Warriors thread (2018-19)

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dubs will have to play very well to beat the best team in the league. They'll probably need a bit of poor play by Toronto and good play by them to get it done.
For the record Toronto has had the softest schedule in the league so far

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors beating the best team in the league?

I mean, I guess the only way they lose once healthy is if they best themselves.

But the Raptors are not the best team in the league.

Didn't you learn anything from last season?
Cavs in 6! -. Monty in June 2017

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. When healthy the Dubs are the best team on paper. I should have described Toronto as "having the best record" not being "The best team".

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record Toronto has had the softest schedule in the league so far
You can only play who they put on your schedule but I agree, they need to show they can actually win a playoff series before we crown them.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can only play who they put on your schedule but I agree, they need to show they can actually win a playoff series before we crown them.
Sure, just pointing it out. Let's see their record after they play tougher teams. They do look really good, built for today's game, probably making the ECF at least

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the one thing that stands out to me most from last year is that they would have lost to the Rockets in 6 if Chris Paul didn't go down at the end of game 5.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the one thing that stands out to me most from last year is that they would have lost to the Rockets in 6 if Chris Paul didn't go down at the end of game 5.
They would have won in 5 with a healthy Iguodala. They lost game 4 by 3 and game 5 by 4. So if we're playing the health game, healthy Ws beat healthy Rockets without too much trouble

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would have won in 5 with a healthy Iguodala. They lost game 4 by 3 and game 5 by 4. So if we're playing the health game, healthy Ws beat healthy Rockets without too much trouble
I've heard that argument before but I think Paul is far more important to the Rockets than Iguodala is to the Warriors.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard that argument before but I think Paul is far more important to the Rockets than Iguodala is to the Warriors.
But Iguodala went down first. Paul wouldn't have had the chance to. Iggy is pretty important as a defender. As the Rockets are finding out this year, your need those guys. They traded away theirs (Ariza and Moute). Or rather let them walk

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Iguodala went down first. Paul wouldn't have had the chance to. Iggy is pretty important as a defender. As the Rockets are finding out this year, your need those guys. They traded away theirs (Ariza and Moute). Or rather let them walk
One is a key role player and the other is the most dangerous guy on the team and the team leader. The Warriors should win without Iguodala if the other stars had stepped up but no way the Rockets could beat the Warriors without Paul.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One is a key role player and the other is the most dangerous guy on the team and the team leader. The Warriors should win without Iguodala if the other stars had stepped up but no way the Rockets could beat the Warriors without Paul.
Eh, I dunno. No question the Ws had a little luck that series. Luck happens.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But,

As close as games 4 and 5 were,

The Warriors were definitely good enough to win the last 2 without Iggy against a healthy Paul. With both, it was no contest. Without both it was also no contest.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I dunno. No question the Ws had a little luck that series. Luck happens.
Yep. Ten years from now no one except die hard Dubs fans is going to remember how they won it, just that they did win it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But,

As close as games 4 and 5 were,

The Warriors were definitely good enough to win the last 2 without Iggy against a healthy Paul. With both, it was no contest. Without both it was also no contest.
Agree with the first sentence but not the second if I understand correctly what you are saying. If you are saying that a healthy Paul and a healthy Iguodala makes the series no contest in favor of the Warriors, I disagree.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with the first sentence but not the second if I understand correctly what you are saying. If you are saying that a healthy Paul and a healthy Iguodala makes the series no contest in favor of the Warriors, I disagree.

It was though.

The point margin across 7 games was + 73 for GS. The series might have gone 6 if both were healthy the whole time, but good chance it would have ended in 5. Because the dubs would have won game 4 by double digits with Iggy. That 4th quarter meltdown doesn't happen if the Dubs have Iggy's ball handling on the court instead of Looney.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was though.

The point margin across 7 games was + 73 for GS. The series might have gone 6 if both were healthy the whole time, but good chance it would have ended in 5. Because the dubs would have won game 4 by double digits with Iggy. That 4th quarter meltdown doesn't happen if the Dubs have Iggy's ball handling on the court instead of Looney.
OK. Agree to disagree I suppose.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors hung in there but consistently failed to make the key defensive stops when needed. The one on one operation of the offense without coordination seems to have gotten to the defensive side as well.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors hung in there but consistently failed to make the key defensive stops when needed. The one on one operation of the offense without coordination seems to have gotten to the defensive side as well.

Yeah, I agree with the key defensive stops, but for me it was more about their late game execution. Overall for the game they played really clean basketball without many turnovers, however for some reason the last few minutes of regulation and overtime were filled with them and empty possessions. This is what hurt them the most IMO.

The Raptors are ranked 3rd in the NBA in terms offensive efficiency this season. It's no surprise that they were able to score. Not having Draymond in there to coordinate on the backline really kills this team defensively. He's the glue that holds it together and without him, there's less communication and less fluidity there.

Overall, not a horrible loss. Raptors were at full strength and the Warriors had to play Quinn Cook 21 minutes, Jerebko (who was fantastic) 33 minutes, Damion Lee 18 minutes and Bell and Looney combined to play 42. All things considered, putting up 128 points being shorthanded against the 7th ranked defensive team in the NBA is pretty good.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note: I didn't think I'd say this at the beginning of the year, but I hope McKinnie gets back soon too. He was playing incredibly well and solidified himself as our back up 2. He plays with incredible confidence on offense and his defense and rebounding have really impressed me.

I've also been really pleased with Jerebko. I knew he'd be a difference maker, but I thought he might be a guy who wanes in and out of the rotation. Once the team is fully healthy, I think he still keeps his rotational spot as the back up 3/4.

The plus side to all the injuries we've had is that guy are getting more playing time that may not otherwise and hopefully it'll boost their confidence as well. At some point Bell is probably going to be relegated to DNP's. Looney's perimeter defense is just too invaluable as a backup at the 5 spot. I also think Jones gets routine DNP's as well. He's been pretty terrible after his great first week.

I think we'll routinely see an 11 man rotation of:

Curry/Livingston/Cook
Klay/McKinnie
KD/Iguodala
Green/Jerebko
Cousins/Looney

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note: I didn't think I'd say this at the beginning of the year, but I hope McKinnie gets back soon too. He was playing incredibly well and solidified himself as our back up 2. He plays with incredible confidence on offense and his defense and rebounding have really impressed me.

I've also been really pleased with Jerebko. I knew he'd be a difference maker, but I thought he might be a guy who wanes in and out of the rotation. Once the team is fully healthy, I think he still keeps his rotational spot as the back up 3/4.

The plus side to all the injuries we've had is that guy are getting more playing time that may not otherwise and hopefully it'll boost their confidence as well. At some point Bell is probably going to be relegated to DNP's. Looney's perimeter defense is just too invaluable as a backup at the 5 spot. I also think Jones gets routine DNP's as well. He's been pretty terrible after his great first week.

I think we'll routinely see an 11 man rotation of:

Curry/Livingston/Cook
Klay/McKinnie
KD/Iguodala
Green/Jerebko
Cousins/Looney
Seems like the #1 pick again for the Warriors cannot play at this level and is another bust. They haven't drafted well lately. Had high hopes for Bell; liked his enthusiasm and hops but he seems to have capped out. v Do like the addition of Jerebko