• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monta is UNSTOPPABLE

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With Curry out and most of the scoring load falling on Monta's shoulders, the man is becoming an absolute beast. Utah is triple-teaming him right now, which is leaving Lee and Rush open for easy shots. Too bad the Warriors do not have more guys who can score.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did dee him miss an alley-oop oppurtunity to McGuire. I wish his vision was a little better in the lane. The alley Thompson should've thrown to Monta was pretty bad too. You can tell that they don't have any chemistry.
Yeah, Monta was great last night until Raja d'd him up those last two possesions. I wish that he took the shot earlier on the potential game winner to give a chance to tip it in if missed (like Lee did as time was expired).

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was mild encouraged by the d last night. However, the ball security was atrocious.

Blow this fucking team up already.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they would blow it up. David Lee and his contract disgust me.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how Jackson responds to the losing. He came in here talking big, and to his credit the team IS playing better defense and IS rebounding better. In other words, even though the Warriors are yet again a lousy team, at least they're finding new ways to lose. So we got that going for us (which is nice).

Can't blame Jackson for the Curry injury, or Monta missing a game due to a death in the family, or Lee missing a game...In fact, so far I think the new owners picked the right guy for the job. Still, he pretty much promised the Ws would make the playoffs, and the Warriors will likely start the season 2-8 before heading out on the road.

so...How long until Jackson cracks? How will he do if he is forced to shift gears and accept the fact that this team ain't going anywhere?

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It will be interesting to see how Jackson responds to the losing. He came in here talking big, and to his credit the team IS playing better defense and IS rebounding better. In other words, even though the Warriors are yet again a lousy team, at least they're finding new ways to lose. So we got that going for us (which is nice).

Can't blame Jackson for the Curry injury, or Monta missing a game due to a death in the family, or Lee missing a game...In fact, so far I think the new owners picked the right guy for the job. Still, he pretty much promised the Ws would make the playoffs, and the Warriors will likely start the season 2-8 before heading out on the road.

so...How long until Jackson cracks? How will he do if he is forced to shift gears and accept the fact that this team ain't going anywhere?

That depends. When the coach and front office realize that this team is not good enough to make the post-season, there are two possible options: 1. Do what Cohan and Co did for the better part of 2 decades and ignore the problem. or 2. Blow up the team and start over.

Blaming injuries or a lack of time to gel is not an option here.

If the Warriors' front office does not rid themselves of _avi_ Lee, Andris Biedrins, Dorell Wright and either Monta or Steph (or both) then they are doing what Cohan did. At that point, there's no telling what Jackson would do.

I do have to admit that I am encouraged by the rumors that the front office is willing to trade most of its pieces to have a shot at Dwight Howard. It means that no matter what they say, they know that this team is shiite.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That depends. When the coach and front office realize that this team is not good enough to make the post-season, there are two possible options: 1. Do what Cohan and Co did for the better part of 2 decades and ignore the problem. or 2. Blow up the team and start over.

Blaming injuries or a lack of time to gel is not an option here.

If the Warriors' front office does not rid themselves of _avi_ Lee, Andris Biedrins, Dorell Wright and either Monta or Steph (or both) then they are doing what Cohan did. At that point, there's no telling what Jackson would do.

I do have to admit that I am encouraged by the rumors that the front office is willing to trade most of its pieces to have a shot at Dwight Howard. It means that no matter what they say, they know that this team is shiite.

I'm ok if they don't get rid of DW or Steph. Monta should bring some assets and/or get another team to eat Avi's contract.

The single largest problem with the franchise right now is Avi's contract. I'd give up whatever it took to be rid of it. Beans is bad, but off the books in 2 or 3 years. Monta is appropriately paid.

I'd give up Monta and Steph to get rid of Avi and Beans. I'd even take back a bad contract or two that expires this season. We'd then have about $18MM committed in 12/13 and we'd likely keep our first round pick this year too.

Ahhh....to dream....