• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

mock draft thread 2023

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corner and Guard is the strongest position this year I can get a Corner just as good as the 1st rounders later in the draft
I really like Gonzalez and Porter Jr. Time will tell, but those two look different imo.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kike it but 2 TE's ? are they because of the value at the selection
They would never do it, but I just think with the receiver group we have, you drop two TEs like that into the mix, I don't see how teams stop us.

I also drafted based on the Skins signing Powers and Bradberry.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would never do it, but I just think with the receiver group we have, you drop two TEs like that into the mix, I don't see how teams stop us.
my thing is i think turner can make a jump as can rodgers . i see one TE and i see the BPA thing as well it was just eye popping love your 1st 2 picks

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my thing is i think turner can make a jump as can rodgers . i see one TE and i see the BPA thing as well it was just eye popping love your 1st 2 picks
I'm sure they would draft a corner in one of the TE spots. Go lucky. Kept getting insane trade down offers.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

like this draft early hate it late

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not getting the best center in the draft at 47. If we trade down into the first, I would consider him.

John Michael Schmitz came into Senior Bowl week as the second-highest-ranked interior offensive lineman and No. 1 center on the Bleacher Report Scouting Department's big board. Nothing he did in Mobile should have those rankings in doubt.

Instead, all he did was potentially elevate his stock into the first round.

Daniel Jeremiah of NFL Network was a big fan of the week Schmitz had going against defensive tackles at the Senior Bowl. The analyst called him "the most consistent player" in Mobile and noted that he impressed teams with his interviews.

That last part could be incredibly important. Playing center goes beyond just being a good blocker. They are generally in charge of the communication on the offensive line and must be able to relay rapidly changing calls based on what's in front of them.

Teams getting an opportunity to not only see Schmitz on the field but also in the meeting room is likely to elevate his already-high draft stock.

A team like the Buffalo Bills, who could make Mitch Morse a cap casualty but need a plug-and-play center, should be taking a good long look at Schmitz.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Center as a position of great import

Rarely a 1st round pick though Remember .... Bostic was a FA.

To me the 1st rounder should be a deserving CB if he is still there.

I'd love a tackle but our last two drafts were Scherff and Cosmi, probably guards. Moses would be old now but would still love to have him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not getting the best center in the draft at 47. If we trade down into the first, I would consider him.

John Michael Schmitz came into Senior Bowl week as the second-highest-ranked interior offensive lineman and No. 1 center on the Bleacher Report Scouting Department's big board. Nothing he did in Mobile should have those rankings in doubt.

Instead, all he did was potentially elevate his stock into the first round.

Daniel Jeremiah of NFL Network was a big fan of the week Schmitz had going against defensive tackles at the Senior Bowl. The analyst called him "the most consistent player" in Mobile and noted that he impressed teams with his interviews.

That last part could be incredibly important. Playing center goes beyond just being a good blocker. They are generally in charge of the communication on the offensive line and must be able to relay rapidly changing calls based on what's in front of them.

Teams getting an opportunity to not only see Schmitz on the field but also in the meeting room is likely to elevate his already-high draft stock.

A team like the Buffalo Bills, who could make Mitch Morse a cap casualty but need a plug-and-play center, should be taking a good long look at Schmitz.
Then in a trade down scenario in round one he would be my pick

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is really only 4 LT's in the draft we have to get one in the Draft because free agency will be slim pickings if there are any Free Agent LT's available and we certainly can't go into the season with Leno as the starter again

1. Paris Johnson
2. Peter Skoronski
3. Broderick Jones
4. Anton Harrison

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is really only 4 LT's in the draft we have to get one in the Draft because free agency will be slim pickings if there are any Free Agent LT's available and we certainly can't go into the season with Leno as the starter again

1. Paris Johnson
2. Peter Skoronski
3. Broderick Jones
4. Anton Harrison
Here is what area I think we need to find our holes. Again, we can't address everything in 1 offseason, but here is where I think we get the biggest bang for the buck. We won't get all of these positions, but most of them we can using a combo of FA and the draft.

TE = FA
LT = Draft
G = Both in FA
C = Draft
CB = Draft, but there are some good FA options as well
LB = FA
3rd Down RB = Draft

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what area I think we need to find our holes. Again, we can't address everything in 1 offseason, but here is where I think we get the biggest bang for the buck. We won't get all of these positions, but most of them we can using a combo of FA and the draft.

TE = FA
LT = Draft
G = Both in FA
C = Draft
CB = Draft, but there are some good FA options as well
LB = FA
3rd Down RB = Draft
Do you really trust RR in free agency with the line though he wants to shop at the thrift store thinking it's going to work

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really trust RR in free agency with the line though he wants to shop at the thrift store thinking it's going to work
I don't trust Rivera at all...I am simply saying what channel we could get the best value for with each of those positions.

I wish we would have had our new owner and GM by now but that was always a long shot. 2024 will be the first year we see the new front office and direction of the team.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Paris Johnson
2. Peter Skoronski
3. Broderick Jones
4. Anton Harrison
we can get a RT as well