• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

mock draft thread 2017

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft Order:
1. Cleveland Browns: Myles Garrett [DE] Texas A&M
2. San Francisco 49ers: Solomon Thomas [DE] Stanford
3. Chicago Bears: Jamal Adams [SS] LSU
4. Jacksonville Jaguars: Leonard Fournette [RB] LSU
5. Tennessee Titans (From LA): Marshon Lattimore [CB] Ohio State
6. New York Jets: Malik Hooker [FS] Ohio State
7. LA Chargers: Jonathan Allen [DL] Alabama
8. Carolina Panthers: Derek Barnett [DE] Tennessee
9. Cincinnati Bengals: Reuben Foster [LB] Alabama
10. Buffalo Bills: OJ Howard [TE] Alabama
11. New Orleans Saints:Marlon Humphrey [CB] Alabama
12. Cleveland Browns: Mitch Trubisky [QB] North Carolina
13. Arizona Cardinals: Patrick Mahomes II [QB] Texas Tech
14. Philadelphia Eagles (From Minnesota):Gareon Conley [CB] Ohio State
15. Indianapolis Colts: Haason Reddick [LB] Temple
16. Baltimore Ravens: Corey Davis [WR] Western Michigan
NFL Forum :: - FF Annual Consensus Mock - 16. Baltimore Ravens
17. Washington Redskins:

Who would you select?
Total Votes : 50

Just wanted to remind people of the defensive players Redskins fans voted in for options at 17 in this mock draft. Looking at those names, again RB was voted BPA. Not saying that would be "you're favorite" pick but it may make you wonder if Cook or McCaffery may really have a better immediate and long term impact over these guys.

Cunningham, Peppers, White, Charlton, Watt, Melifonwu, McDowell, King, Davis, Brantley

There is still a chance I can return to what I know is right and reach on Melifonwu or gamble on a top prospect that fell INSTEAD of RB ahem...shark, lol

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to remind people of the defensive players Redskins fans voted in for options at 17 in this mock draft. Looking at those names, again RB was voted BPA. Not saying that would be "you're favorite" pick but it may make you wonder if Cook or McCaffery may really have a better immediate and long term impact over these guys.

Cunningham, Peppers, White, Charlton, Watt, Melifonwu, McDowell, King, Davis, Brantley

There is still a chance I can return to what I know is right and reach on Melifonwu or gamble on a top prospect that fell INSTEAD of RB ahem...shark, lol

1. Its almost never right to reach on a player.

2. If we are going on the assumption that we can find a RB in the later rounds..... Matt Jones is all Im going to say on that one.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2. If we are going on the assumption that we can find a RB in the later rounds..... Matt Jones is all Im going to say on that one.

I agree with each of your numbered points, oddly enough they both apply to some of Scott's success and failure here.
He reached with a vision and had immediate success, but waited too long on a RB and it cost the team later.

obviously we agree if certain players are still there, we take them over Cook, if not -- he SHOULD be the pick.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three things then.

1. I believe Cook is much more talented than the players that have been projected for us to take at 17.

2. I think you vastly under value what a RB could do for this team as a whole.

3. The best thing for our defense right now (and for the next few seasons actually) is an offense capable of keeping them off the field and also an offense capable of scoring TDs and not field goals in the redzone.

1. Fair enough. But I disagree.

2. Again I strongly disagree. I think the value of a RB in todays NFL is pretty clear.

3. The best thing for our defense right now is to have more talent. Offense can help but not as much as actually having talent on D. And an offense capable of scoring TDs and not field goals doesnt require a top shelf RB. It might not even require an upgrade considering we were pretty good in the redzone 2 years ago with an unimpressive group of guys.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hmmm? I guess a DE in nickel? also from what I remember I'd like to an ILB in the 1st or 2nd, I believe Tom also had a nice run of taking no-name ILB and turning them into tackling machines

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three things then.

1. I believe Cook is much more talented than the players that have been projected for us to take at 17.

2. I think you vastly under value what a RB could do for this team as a whole.

3. The best thing for our defense right now (and for the next few seasons actually) is an offense capable of keeping them off the field and also an offense capable of scoring TDs and not field goals in the redzone.

Yeap Cook is a very special rb and would fit very nicely in a pass happy off. My #1 problem with him is he just doesn't appear to be a good between the tackle rb and this draft has some good between the tackle rb's. James Conner and others come to mind. However I would't be bad if we toke him.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Thats true. But taking a defensive player isnt reaching.

2. If we are going on the assumption we can get a stud RB in the first round....... Trent Richardson is all Im going to on that one.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know who voted RB's as BPA, but factoring in the off-field issues of Cook and Mixon - I don't expect that an RB will be the BPA at 17. Some folks here seem to be ignoring Cook's issues, but NFL GM's typically don't ignore those types of issues, and I'd be extremely surprised if the Skins picked him at 17 for that reason.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine they pick Lamp - not because he's an offensive player - but because he doesn't seem like a first round talent to me. He seems like a center more than anything else. Lacks length, isn't particularly strong or quick. Sounds an awful lot like Cory Raymer. If I'm going to pick a guard that high, I want a big bully, and he ain't it. Definitely not an SM type player.

Man if you don't like my pick Lamp you would have a conniption fit if I told you my ideal 17th pick would be. LOL But that's okay it would not be fun if we all agree on the see pick.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For anybody interested, there is an NFL mock going on over on the Mock Drafts board with a different poster for each team. The wonderful @Ritzarmy is picking for the Redskins and we've just made it past the 17th pick. Heres how it looks...

Round 1
1. Cleveland Browns : Myles Garrett - DE - Texas A&M
2. San Francisco 49ers : Leonard Fournette - RB - LSU
3. Chicago Bears : Solomon Thomas - DE - Stanford
4. Jacksonville Jaguars : Derek Barnett - DE - Tennessee
5. Tennessee Titans : Jamal Adams - SS - LSU
6. New York Jets : Marshon Lattimore - CB - Ohio St.
7. Los Angeles Chargers : Malik Hooker - FS - Ohio St.
8. Carolina Panthers : Mike Williams - WR - Clemson
9. Cincinnati Bengals : O.J. Howard - TE - Alabama
10. Buffalo Bills : Corey Davis - WR - Western Michigan
11. New Orleans Saints : Reuben Foster - ILB - Alabama
12. Cleveland Browns : Mitch Trubisky - QB - North Carolina
13. Arizona Cardinals : Jonathan Allen - DT - Alabama
14. Philadelphia Eagles : Dalvin Cook - RB - Florida St.
15. Indianapolis Colts : Marlon Humphrey - CB - Alabama
16. Baltimore Ravens : John Ross - WR - Washington
17. Washington Redskins : Christian McCaffrey - RB - Stanford

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For anybody interested, there is an NFL mock going on over on the Mock Drafts board with a different poster for each team. The wonderful @Ritzarmy is picking for the Redskins and we've just made it past the 17th pick. Heres how it looks...

Round 1
1. Cleveland Browns : Myles Garrett - DE - Texas A&M
2. San Francisco 49ers : Leonard Fournette - RB - LSU
3. Chicago Bears : Solomon Thomas - DE - Stanford
4. Jacksonville Jaguars : Derek Barnett - DE - Tennessee
5. Tennessee Titans : Jamal Adams - SS - LSU
6. New York Jets : Marshon Lattimore - CB - Ohio St.
7. Los Angeles Chargers : Malik Hooker - FS - Ohio St.
8. Carolina Panthers : Mike Williams - WR - Clemson
9. Cincinnati Bengals : O.J. Howard - TE - Alabama
10. Buffalo Bills : Corey Davis - WR - Western Michigan
11. New Orleans Saints : Reuben Foster - ILB - Alabama
12. Cleveland Browns : Mitch Trubisky - QB - North Carolina
13. Arizona Cardinals : Jonathan Allen - DT - Alabama
14. Philadelphia Eagles : Dalvin Cook - RB - Florida St.
15. Indianapolis Colts : Marlon Humphrey - CB - Alabama
16. Baltimore Ravens : John Ross - WR - Washington
17. Washington Redskins : Christian McCaffrey - RB - Stanford

Wanted Barnett and really surprised he went #4. I like McCaffeys ability to catch out of the back field. Think he really could do well in our offense. Really need a defensive player but McCaffey was BPA I felt.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man if you don't like my pick Lamp you would have a conniption fit if I told you my ideal 17th pick would be. LOL But that's okay it would not be fun if we all agree on the see pick.
I would have no problem picking an O-lineman if that player is the BPA, but I don't think Lamp is a first round talent - not that I'm an expert - so I guess it's possible... I'm wrong. Nah. So um, who's your ideal pick? :markou:

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some would be happy, and others would flip reddick wasn't picked.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanted Barnett and really surprised he went #4. I like McCaffeys ability to catch out of the back field. Think he really could do well in our offense. Really need a defensive player but McCaffey was BPA I felt.

Malik mcdowell

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WalterFootball mock has Taco going 11th. Frankly, he should go that high, imo.