• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

mock draft thread 2017

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well all of the players previously mentioned will improve any team in some way or fashion. Especially Cook, However Lamp/Barnett/Cook.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like alot of the fan base is dead set on defense in the first round no matter what.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden will make this pick so...Cook or McCaffery which ever he likes more. "If" I were making this pick, it would likely be McDowell.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you figure?

When I see things like, I would take Taco or McDowell at 17 over Cook or McCaffery. To me taking a guy who has been considered a late first to early second round pick over a guy who has been considered a mid first round pick seems alot like defense at all costs, even if it means reaching a little.

Mind you IM basing this off of who would still be on the board based on the consensus Mock from the original post in this thread.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like alot of the fan base is dead set on defense in the first round no matter what.
Nope. When the draft comes, you almost always see RB's go lower than the mocks and QB's and pass-rushers move up. There's no doubt in my mind that Taco is good value in the mid first. And McDowell has a huge upside. Of course, there's always stuff we don't know about - like off-field stuff and how these guys do in interviews.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well all of the players previously mentioned will improve any team in some way or fashion. Especially Cook, However Lamp/Barnett/Cook.
I can't imagine they pick Lamp - not because he's an offensive player - but because he doesn't seem like a first round talent to me. He seems like a center more than anything else. Lacks length, isn't particularly strong or quick. Sounds an awful lot like Cory Raymer. If I'm going to pick a guard that high, I want a big bully, and he ain't it. Definitely not an SM type player.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I see things like, I would take Taco or McDowell at 17 over Cook or McCaffery. To me taking a guy who has been considered a late first to early second round pick over a guy who has been considered a mid first round pick seems alot like defense at all costs, even if it means reaching a little.

Mind you IM basing this off of who would still be on the board based on the consensus Mock from the original post in this thread.

Or maybe it has to do with wanting the most valuable player available. And a RB isnt it.

Theres plenty of talk of McDowell, Charlton, and Davis being viable picks at 17 just like theres talk Cook goes in the 2nd. To act like its forcing defense to take one of them in this situation is disingenuous.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe it has to do with wanting the most valuable player available. And a RB isnt it.

Theres plenty of talk of McDowell, Charlton, and Davis being viable picks at 17 just like theres talk Cook goes in the 2nd. To act like its forcing defense to take one of them in this situation is disingenuous.

Actually its very straight forward. People are talking McDowell, Charlton and Davis because Washington's greatest NEED is defense. This I freely admit. but its also why I think many draft prognosticators and fans are pushing the defensive pick.

Also, its not like people who are favoring the RB pick are saying well we have got to take a RB because thats our greatest need. Do we need a better quality of RB than what we have?? Hell yes we do. But would I force the RB pick and draft say Foreman at 17?? Nope.

I simply think that Cook, and Possibly McCaffery are better prospects than McDowell, Charlton or Davis... and Im not forcing the pick simply because its a greater need.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually its very straight forward. People are talking McDowell, Charlton and Davis because Washington's greatest NEED is defense. This I freely admit. but its also why I think many draft prognosticators and fans are pushing the defensive pick.

Also, its not like people who are favoring the RB pick are saying well we have got to take a RB because thats our greatest need. Do we need a better quality of RB than what we have?? Hell yes we do. But would I force the RB pick and draft say Foreman at 17?? Nope.

I simply think that Cook, and Possibly McCaffery are better prospects than McDowell, Charlton or Davis... and Im not forcing the pick simply because its a greater need.

No. Theyre taking them because of a combination of need, talent, and positional value. Obviously if you draft somebody somewhere youre already weak thats ideal. But you also have to make sure youre getting a talented player. AND you have to consider how valuable that player is even if hes talented.

Im not forcing a defensive player at 17. I prefer one. Because I think thats where our best pick would come from. But Id also rather have OJ Howard, Corey Davis, or Forrest Lamp than a RB.

I get that you think McDowell and Charlton and all the defensive players are vastly inferior prospects to Cook but you seem to be jumping to the conclusion that everybody feels that way. Reality is I dont see it that way. And when youre looking at similarily talented players you dont take the one that plays a significantly less important and valuable position. It doesnt have jack to do with forcing a defensive pick because of need.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden will make this pick so...Cook or McCaffery which ever he likes more. "If" I were making this pick, it would likely be McDowell.

I think CM would be his choice. He would line him up in the slot and basically become our 4th WR and leading rusher.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Theyre taking them because of a combination of need, talent, and positional value. Obviously if you draft somebody somewhere youre already weak thats ideal. But you also have to make sure youre getting a talented player. AND you have to consider how valuable that player is even if hes talented.

Im not forcing a defensive player at 17. I prefer one. Because I think thats where our best pick would come from. But Id also rather have OJ Howard, Corey Davis, or Forrest Lamp than a RB.

I get that you think McDowell and Charlton and all the defensive players are vastly inferior prospects to Cook but you seem to be jumping to the conclusion that everybody feels that way. Reality is I dont see it that way. And when youre looking at similarily talented players you dont take the one that plays a significantly less important and valuable position. It doesnt have jack to do with forcing a defensive pick because of need.

Three things then.

1. I believe Cook is much more talented than the players that have been projected for us to take at 17.

2. I think you vastly under value what a RB could do for this team as a whole.

3. The best thing for our defense right now (and for the next few seasons actually) is an offense capable of keeping them off the field and also an offense capable of scoring TDs and not field goals in the redzone.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see CM as a 1300 yd a season back rushing the ball . i see him as CT on roids . we need the 1300 yd back

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three things then.

1. I believe Cook is much more talented than the players that have been projected for us to take at 17.

2. I think you vastly under value what a RB could do for this team as a whole.

3. The best thing for our defense right now (and for the next few seasons actually) is an offense capable of keeping them off the field and also an offense capable of scoring TDs and not field goals in the redzone.

Yup a awesome RB can do so much. Even helps out the defense a little. I know this is totally off topic but it's like when my team signed Adrian beltre. We needed pitching but we signed someone who can really hit but also was a gold glove 3rd basemen. He helped out the pitching staff a lot by making great plays on defense as well.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a massive risk. Huge boom/bust prospect might not even go 1st round.

Kind of but you need to take that Boom risk when you're not a championship contending team like the pats, steelers, Falcons ect

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know if I agree on McDowell but the other guys yes

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I agree on McDowell but the other guys yes

The boom or bust label on him has me thinking not at 17 if there are players that might help the team more.

Lets be honest, even if we some how managed to get Myles Garrett, this defense is still 3-5 players away from being close to top ten. A legit 1300 yard 13-15 TD RB takes our offense from very good to possibly dominant. And as our Defense likely still wont be able to hold teams to under 21 points a game, I will take a RB that makes us a realistic 25 or more point a game offense.

Bonus would be, if we are holding a lead in the fourth quarter.. I would love to have a RB that can I dont know, grind out the clock. If I dont have to see a defense drop eight in coverage against us when we are at first and goal from the 5 yard line, well that would be kinda cool too.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of but you need to take that Boom risk when you're not a championship contending team like the pats, steelers, Falcons ect

If that was the case just take Mixon at 17.