• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MNF: Falcons @ Saints

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they ran up the score vs the colts, that's the only unclassy thing i would classify them as....

last night was chasing a record where as the Falcons were still in reasonable distance.

the colts gm was a mockery IMO.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know if it was un-classy, and it seems at least some of the Falcon players don't think so. Besides, they were technically not running up the score, they were running up the yardage - the score, because of where the drive started, just happened to be collateral damage.

It's not like the Falcons evacuated the field, they knew exactly what was coming and they were invited to stop Brees, they just failed to do so. Hell, they could have allowed Thomas to run for 4 yards instead of just 1 and that would have prevented Brees from capturing the record, at least on that particular drive.

FWIW, Brees finished with 20+ fewer yards passing than what he has averaged all season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't know if it was un-classy, and it seems at least some of the Falcon players don't think so. Besides, they were technically not running up the score, they were running up the yardage - the score, because of where the drive started, just happened to be collateral damage.

It's not like the Falcons evacuated the field, they knew exactly what was coming and they were invited to stop Brees, they just failed to do so. Hell, they could have allowed Thomas to run for 4 yards instead of just 1 and that would have prevented Brees from capturing the record, at least on that particular drive.

FWIW, Brees finished with 20+ fewer yards passing than what he has averaged all season.

I agree with all of that, it was hardly an unclassy move by the Saints, all the Falcons players understood, any one of them would have fought for Ryan to go for the record if circumstances were reversed.

To me the unclassy move is the Falcons coach Smith bitching and crying to his "circle of friends" ( I wouldnt put it beneath the article writer to just make that up) that the Saints ran up the score on them. Chalk it up to raw nerve emotions after losing an important game. I would hope anyway. However Smith does fall under that Jim Schwartz catagory of coaches. All talk and brashness before the game and all crying and bitching after they lose a game.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree with all of that, it was hardly an unclassy move by the Saints, all the Falcons players understood, any one of them would have fought for Ryan to go for the record if circumstances were reversed.

To me the unclassy move is the Falcons coach Smith bitching and crying to his "circle of friends" ( I wouldnt put it beneath the article writer to just make that up) that the Saints ran up the score on them. Chalk it up to raw nerve emotions after losing an important game. I would hope anyway. However Smith does fall under that Jim Schwartz catagory of coaches. All talk and brashness before the game and all crying and bitching after they lose a game.

If you don't like gettin' the score run up on you them stop them. Your guys get paid too.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I hope the Niner coaches were watching that game and preparing a game plan because we might very well see one of those two.