• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MNF: Falcons @ Saints

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completion % too? That's it then, I'm all on the the Drew Brees bandwagon for MVP. Partly because I'm a Packer hater... but ... without any bias... Rodgers isn't topping Brady's 2007 season anymore... no 50+ TDs, no 16-0.... so... Rodgers isn't doing anything special.

Brees is doing something special, setting records for yards and completion percentage... and with another 300+ yards next week, I doubt his yards will never be topped... until the NFL goes to 18 games. And then it deserves an *

*edit* Plus, I want to say again... the Saints would be a losing team without Brees. They're great mainly because of him. While I'm not convinced that is true with Rodgers, considering how they still nearly beat the Lions and Patriots a year ago without Rodgers.... and MVP is MOST valuable player, not best stats player.

Last edited by a moderator:

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Completion % too? That's it then, I'm all on the the Drew Brees bandwagon for MVP. Partly because I'm a Packer hater... but ... without any bias... Rodgers isn't topping Brady's 2007 season anymore... no 50+ TDs, no 16-0.... so... Rodgers isn't doing anything special.

Brees is doing something special, setting records for yards and completion percentage... and with another 300+ yards next week, I doubt his yards will never be topped... until the NFL goes to 18 games. And then it deserves an *

*edit* Plus, I want to say again... the Saints would be a losing team without Brees. They're great mainly because of him. While I'm not convinced that is true with Rodgers, considering how they still nearly beat the Lions and Patriots a year ago without Rodgers.... and MVP is MOST valuable player, not best stats player.

The most significant record that Drew Brees is close to breaking is Unitas' consecutive games throwing a TD. Brees is now at 42 after tonight; the record is 47, set 51 years ago. Some pundits say this TD record, is the NFL's equivalent of Dimaggio's 56 game hitting streak. Brees is insane!!!

On a competitive note - Aaron Rodgers is on pace to break Manning's QBr mark of 121.2 set in 2004. Rodgers is currently at 122.5.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Brees and Payton pass up Belicheck and Brady for stat padding. Its been pretty crazy this year with the stuff they've done.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most significant record that Drew Brees is close to breaking is Unitas' consecutive games throwing a TD. Brees is now at 42 after tonight; the record is 47, set 51 years ago. Some pundits say this TD record, is the NFL's equivalent of Dimaggio's 56 game hitting streak. Brees is insane!!!

On a competitive note - Aaron Rodgers is on pace to break Manning's QBr mark of 121.2 set in 2004. Rodgers is currently at 122.5.

Blah, rating... if Montana played in this NFL where it is illegal to hit a QB, he would have had a 158.3 rating. I can't help but shake my head when I watch Brady, Manning and Rodgers get up after a big hit looking at the referee and begging for a flag... simply because they're used to it.

Hey ref.. I got hit... where's my flag?!?! blah.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Blah, rating... if Montana played in this NFL where it is illegal to hit a QB, he would have had a 158.3 rating. I can't help but shake my head when I watch Brady, Manning and Rodgers get up after a big hit looking at the referee and begging for a flag... simply because they're used to it.

Hey ref.. I got hit... where's my flag?!?! blah.

LMAO!!!...Too-Shay, My Brother!! Too-Shay!! I am hearin' what you're sayin'!!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO!!!...Too-Shay, My Brother!! Too-Shay!! I am hearin' what you're sayin'!!

Another reason why I love Brees... he doesn't get up with those "Hungry Eyes" directed at the official just because he got hit

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Some pundits aren't worth the oxygen they waste when they open their mouths. If one looks at that mathematically they would realize how ridiculous it is to compare those two stats (especially in the new age of offense).

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was wondering if the saints would run the ball to wind the clock down, but i think the fans woulda brought the stadium down

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I know Im supposed to be 'wow-ed' and 'impressed' with what Brees did..but ho hum. When Marino did it you were actually allowed to play defense. And more importantly, in my mind at least, Brees had a minimum of 11 perfect weather situations to put up his stats this year (8 home-dome games, and 3 away dome games at Stl, Minny, and Atl.). That doesnt include early-season games in decent weather at places like GB (early September) and TB...they lost both. Geez, Brady and Rodgers arent THAT far behind and they actually do play in REAL weather.

The Saints and Brees werent anything special a few weeks back at a mediocre Tennessee when it was chilly out...should've/could've lost that one too had Jake Locker understood the concept of throwing the damn ball away instead of taking a sack.

I know its gonna be a tough game vs. them in the playoffs, but I wonder how he'll do in wind/rain/mud? Im hoping for a field and conditions a-la '92 NFC Championship game for that week.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well marino didn't exactly impress in cold weather. they even showed some stats showing there's only a 20 yards/game difference between the 2 seasons. defensive backs might be less physical now, but they're a lot faster on average.

brees and manning both move around the pocket like marino. when you're good like those 3 u can smash records in any given year. 30 years ago or 30 years into the future

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
well marino didn't exactly impress in cold weather. they even showed some stats showing there's only a 20 yards/game difference between the 2 seasons. defensive backs might be less physical now, but they're a lot faster on average.

brees and manning both move around the pocket like marino. when you're good like those 3 u can smash records in any given year. 30 years ago or 30 years into the future

And would you agree that the luxuries of playing in a dome (for Peyton and Brees) or in a nice weather area (Marino) helped with their ability to put up such big numbers?

I'd be a lot more impressed with this record if Brady bypasses Marino's mark this upcoming week...though he's had it fairly easy this year as far as bad weather goes.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it shouldn't take away from how great those qb's are.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Some pundits aren't worth the oxygen they waste when they open their mouths. If one looks at that mathematically they would realize how ridiculous it is to compare those two stats (especially in the new age of offense).

I could not agree more, but hype, like sex, sells; and we live in a time when stats are just one more thing to hype.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

rodgers and brees are doing something special. but to me the packers are a well oiled machine with their starting line up. the saints use so many different players and formations it all comes down to brees picking apart the d. outside of graham their wr's and rb's are interchangeable and doesn't miss a beat because of brees. even when graham was hobbled they didn't miss a beat.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I think differently, but Peyton NEVER should've had him in that game after they went up 38-16...what risk for a record he could've reached next weekend...

their would have been 50k+ screaming fans taking the field if brees was taken out of the game

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't usually post on here much. As far as MVP for Brees, The smear campaign seems to have started a little. Seems like this little Rodgers supporter needs to take some low blows to try and put Rodgers back past Brees. Brees has to be frontrunner now, only 4 TD's behind Rodgers and Marino's record under his belt.

Were Saints right to run up score for Brees' record? - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Calling them unclassy for "running up the score" is silly. It's like every sports writer needs to fill their quota of talking out of their ass before they can get a job. Peyton obviously wanted that record in front of the home crowd and (if memory serves correctly) not have to face the questions from a few years ago when Brees was 15 yards from breaking the record and they were constantly asked why they didnt pass a more times to break the record.