• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB One Player Per Team Championship : Milk - UK - Nos

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my team is best, but for 2nd and 3rd this is very hard!!!

I actually don't like either teams bench... Nos, my problem with your bench is the way you built your starters. You are so good offensively. That you are going to have to win games by scoring so many runs. I don't think your bench compliments the offensive juggernaut!!!

All 3 of us drafted amazing bullpens. I don't think bullpen is going to be a factor at all!!!

I guess I will take UK over nos just because I think nos pitching is worse than UKs offense

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we all know these teams are all so good it really shouldn't come as a surprise whoever wins. Great job Milk and another awesome team from Mr Baseball himself... :suds:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I gotta admit, it chaps my ass to see people bitch aboot who votes for who. I don't even vote for myself when I like another team better. (Which wasn't this time, but was last time.)

if my grandma did one of these mocks with us, I'd give her my honest opinion on her team. (It'd be 75% Tigers with absolutely no white Sox, ever. Hahahaha.)
There have been 3-4 times when I've voted for the other team against myself as well. I think that if all the arguing were to take place on the chat page, and simply the name of the team you are voting for on the votes page would make it better. That way, less of the arguing would effect the voting one way or the other. If you want to argue for or against, do it on chat. JMO

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question @UK Cowboy and @broncosmitty ... Dash has been using 25in 2 1/4 Easton, can't think of the weight think it's 12... Anyway he's been using a Combat big barrel at practice, 28 2 5/8 I think 15... He's doing okay with it, but I think he likes the regular size barrel better gives him a much smoother swing IMO... You have any advice because I'm going to go looking to buy him a coach pitch bat today... Thanks guys!:thumb:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question @UK Cowboy and @broncosmitty ... Dash has been using 25in 2 1/4 Easton, can't think of the weight think it's 12... Anyway he's been using a Combat big barrel at practice, 28 2 5/8 I think 15... He's doing okay with it, but I think he likes the regular size barrel better gives him a much smoother swing IMO... You have any advice because I'm going to go looking to buy him a coach pitch bat today... Thanks guys!:thumb:
Only thing that comes to mind with bats for the younger guys is making sure it's one he can handle physically. I get that a bat needs to last awhile and everything. And kids grow into things, but a bat that's too long or too heavy or both can cause bad habits.

I'd just make sure he looks comfortable swinging which ever one you opt for.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My advice would be to go with the bat he's more comfortable with in games, as long as he doesn't have to change his mechanics to swing it. Some guys prefer a smaller bat for control and bat speed(Bonds swung a 32), some guys want as heavy as they can get(heavier does go farther if you square it. As important as weight is the type of bat. Some kids like a balanced bat, with will have a biggersweet spot but not as much pop, some kids like end loaded bats, like a combat, which have a smaller sweet spot but will launch it.
Also, whatever bat he swings during the season, have him work with a bat one or two ounces heavier off a Tee in the offseason to build his hand and wrist strength

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will use that info! There is t a huge selection here so I was thinking of online purchase... I looked up a few and saw some were 4-500 bucks but read a ton about it and many of those bats weren't that much better than the 150-250 dollar bats... All of which are more than I'd like to spend but I know have to spend a little... Funny thing about that price thing you were talking about, I saw a bat in walmart when Walker was 8 and it was normally 200 bucks on sale for 50... I jumped on it but didn't know ANYTHING about baseball at the time... Turned out to be 31in... He's now 10 going on 11 and he finally looks comfortable swinging it lol... Also thanks for that info about the sweet spot and pop UK... I thought it was the oops it just because the barrel was bigger... I'm glad I asked you 2! I'll let you guys know what we come up with later...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will use that info! There is t a huge selection here so I was thinking of online purchase... I looked up a few and saw some were 4-500 bucks but read a ton about it and many of those bats weren't that much better than the 150-250 dollar bats... All of which are more than I'd like to spend but I know have to spend a little... Funny thing about that price thing you were talking about, I saw a bat in walmart when Walker was 8 and it was normally 200 bucks on sale for 50... I jumped on it but didn't know ANYTHING about baseball at the time... Turned out to be 31in... He's now 10 going on 11 and he finally looks comfortable swinging it lol... Also thanks for that info about the sweet spot and pop UK... I thought it was the oops it just because the barrel was bigger... I'm glad I asked you 2! I'll let you guys know what we come up with later...
Try an Easton Speed and a Combat B12 and he can tell you if he prefers balanced or end loaded

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try an Easton Speed and a Combat B12 and he can tell you if he prefers balanced or end loaded

I'm going to guess balanced but I'll let you know... Our selection here is terrible, I went today and all we have are big barrel Easton for his age group... The have some Demarini's but 30 is the shortest... Sad sad sad... I'll keep you updated...