• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB One Player Per Team Championship : Milk - UK - Nos

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never win these. I know I'm not going to win before they start for the most part. (I like knowing who were going to play round one before hand. It made doing this draft better, for me. Even if my original team was going to be much better than the one I ended up with.) Mostly because I stick to my guns and take players with less notoriety yet superior numbers and skill. (Eventually someone will steal Addie Joss, Rube Waddell or Billy Hamilton from me. And I'll love it!). In no sport am I going to take a player because I feel he'll help in the voting process. I'm going to try to assemble what I feel is the best possible team. And that doesn't get me votes, which is just fine by me. I like doing the drafts. Especially baseball.

I've learned ridiculous amounts of things over the years doing these. And I hope other people get the same kind of thing out of them, while having fun. But worrying aboot selling your own guys can get in the way of gaining more knowledge and more importantly, (maybe) enjoying yourself.

Like Nos said up there, he and hockey and I go waaaay back. Lots of laughs and lots of shots across each other's bows over the years. It's been a lot of fun. And I plan on keeping it going. Even if I miss a Mock or two from time to time when life gets in the way.

Anyway, I really did think eryone did a great job with their teams. It's fun to see guys work different angles and build teams around different things.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never win these. I know I'm not going to win before they start for the most part. (I like knowing who were going to play round one before hand. It made doing this draft better, for me. Even if my original team was going to be much better than the one I ended up with.) Mostly because I stick to my guns and take players with less notoriety yet superior numbers and skill. (Eventually someone will steal Addie Joss, Rube Waddell or Billy Hamilton from me. And I'll love it!). In no sport am I going to take a player because I feel he'll help in the voting process. I'm going to try to assemble what I feel is the best possible team. And that doesn't get me votes, which is just fine by me. I like doing the drafts. Especially baseball.

I've learned ridiculous amounts of things over the years doing these. And I hope other people get the same kind of thing out of them, while having fun. But worrying aboot selling your own guys can get in the way of gaining more knowledge and more importantly, (maybe) enjoying yourself.

Like Nos said up there, he and hockey and I go waaaay back. Lots of laughs and lots of shots across each other's bows over the years. It's been a lot of fun. And I plan on keeping it going. Even if I miss a Mock or two from time to time when life gets in the way.

Anyway, I really did think eryone did a great job with their teams. It's fun to see guys work different angles and build teams around different things.

:dingdingding:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I gotta admit, it chaps my ass to see people bitch aboot who votes for who. I don't even vote for myself when I like another team better. (Which wasn't this time, but was last time.)

if my grandma did one of these mocks with us, I'd give her my honest opinion on her team. (It'd be 75% Tigers with absolutely no white Sox, ever. Hahahaha.)

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your grandmother already, no teams I dislike more than the White Sox!:suds:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your grandmother already, no teams I dislike more than the White Sox!:suds:
She's getting a little testy when it comes to the Royals now too. Not cuz they're in first, but cuz they're "little stinkpots" what with all the bean balls this year. Hahaha.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think with the Tigers being in the East all those years the hate would be more directed at the Yanks, Orioles and Red Sox...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll be proud Smitty, ever since the first baseball draft I was in where you grabbed and broke him down I've drafted Vince Coleman... He may be a little more mainstream than you mean but I make a point to grab him and Tanana... :nod:

But anyhow... I think people are getting a little too upset about things... Fuck Nos... Fuck his opinion...:tsk:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I'm sure he didn't take that wrong...:dhd:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Fuck my opinions! Next MLB draft i'm getting Coleman I don't care if I gotta take him in round 5! :trash:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, Nos gets a lot a flack for talking shit and I don't think it's warranted... I think people think because he's the guy that started this he can't talk shit or something... That's not fair IMO... Of course he's going to defend his team, and at times that may contradict what he's said before but I'm sure we've all done it to an extent... When you have TO for instance you're going to say he's a beast and when you face him you're going to say he has drop issues... The draft is the best part by far, however after putting all the time and effort in you want to win... It's human nature... Being a good loser is tough for me but I try... Sometimes it sucks though and people feel some kind of way about it... It is what it is... I think the fact that I've won 2 of the last 3 shows people are getting better at this...:noidea:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still need Milk and Hockey to vote...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patterns. Just look at the voting in past drafts and you can see who votes for who. Now once again I am not quitting so stop saying that Nos, I just want to step away for awhile. Im not having fun so why participate.

Ritz, I really think you're a great person... If I were voting friend first I'd always vote for you with no disrespect or hard feelings to anybody else... But I probably vote against you more than anybody... I feel your style is grab the BPA even if he doesn't make your team better... There are sometimes it works out, but for me at least I think it should be more strategic... Sometime a lesser player that does something better is the key... I've learned however that with the level of guys we are ALL drafting that if that better player can fit he should get the nod... It's hard to balance it all, but I think we all try our best in drafting and voting... I hope you continue to join these even if you take that break...:suds:

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was voting for friends I would vote Nos and Ritz cuz I feel I'm closer to them compared to everyone else.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was voting for friends I would vote Nos and Ritz cuz I feel I'm closer to them compared to everyone else.

See, the bastard never votes for me! :pound:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think with the Tigers being in the East all those years the hate would be more directed at the Yanks, Orioles and Red Sox...
She's not really keen on the Jays still. And dislikes the Yankees like most normal people. But she's shifted to mostly Central Smack these days.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll be proud Smitty, ever since the first baseball draft I was in where you grabbed and broke him down I've drafted Vince Coleman... He may be a little more mainstream than you mean but I make a point to grab him and Tanana... :nod:

But anyhow... I think people are getting a little too upset about things... Fuck Nos... Fuck his opinion...:tsk:
I liked that Tanana pick a lot. Wish I could have seen him in his prime.

And Vince is a solid add for any bench. Good on ya!

Gotta say, I think you're the best in these when it comes to soaking up baseball knowledge. It's even better that you're doing it as your boys grow to love the game.