• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 6.7 Spider @anotherguyiwantedinsteadofsnell (5:05pm)

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kruk was saying the pitchers for the next two are TBD but I thought the plan was for

Sat: Miller opens, then Howard
Sun: Winn is activated.

FWIW, Winn pitched Tues in Arizona. Maybe they want him to get one more start before being activated.

Ahmed didn't play for Sac tonight
Matos 2-4
Whiz had his best start of the season 5.2 IP 1 ER 5 K...also 3 BB
Been wondering when Ahmed would get activated. He was on a rehab assignment at the same time as Conforto and Slater. I know the injuries are different but it has been interesting to see the Giants take longer to bring Ahmed back.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I also said, no idea how this would work genuinely asking if that's what it would cost...you think less? Luciano is kinda tarnished right? Don't need Matos, Robert is an very good CF also. Is just them enough to outbid other suitors?
Robert has looked good but seems a bit rusty this year. He is also young and still has a lot of potential. The White Sox will probably get a decent haul for him. I would hope that the Giants would keep Ramos in the lineup if they acquire Robert but I have a feeling that he would be the casualty, even though he is the best hitting outfielder right now.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert has looked good but seems a bit rusty this year. He is also young and still has a lot of potential. The White Sox will probably get a decent haul for him. I would hope that the Giants would keep Ramos in the lineup if they acquire Robert but I have a feeling that he would be the casualty, even though he is the best hitting outfielder right now.
Bruh it would be Yaz that goes to the bench. If not they should disband the franchise.

So I’m genuinely asking, I figured he would command a big haul so suggested Matos plus Luciano plus a pitcher. Cal responded that was way too much. I can’t think less would outbid the other suitors. Cal hasn’t responded to my response.

We need to be buyers and he would be a great get

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruh it would be Yaz that goes to the bench. If not they should disband the franchise.

So I’m genuinely asking, I figured he would command a big haul so suggested Matos plus Luciano plus a pitcher. Cal responded that was way too much. I can’t think less would outbid the other suitors. Cal hasn’t responded to my response.

We need to be buyers and he would be a great get
I wouldn't be surprised if it was your package but Cal may have the better pulse. Maybe one of Matos and Luciano plus Roupp or Whisenhunt. Of course, you know my feelings about trading prospects but most have been falling flat lately. Not sure what to think about the prospects right now.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is under team control through ‘27 (15M in ‘25 with 20M TEAM options in both ‘26 and ‘27). He has been hurt most of this season, only playing in 11 games (though he is currently playing). He had a huge year in ‘23 (5.0 WAR, 38 HR, AS, 129 OPS+ in his age 25 season). While he hits lefties better (.952 OPS in 109 AB in ‘23), he isn’t bad against lefties (.834, 476). He won a GG in center his rookie year (‘20), but overall, his defensive metrics (which I don’t really trust, but I have nothing else to go on), say he is a pretty average defensive OFer.

Luciano has serious defensive questions surrounding him atm. But even at the MLB level, his bat is already ready (if still requiring some maturation). His MLB clock has not started yet, so he still has AT LEAST 6(??) seasons of team control remaining. This is only his age 22 season.

Pretty much ditto for Matos, although he has already demonstrated proficiency with his defense and the ability to improve it (he showed a huge improvement from last season to this season). While his potential is not that of Luciano, I suspect his FLOOR is a solid (if not AS) starting LFer on a good team.

If by “a pitching prospect”, you mean some SJ lottery ticket no one has ever heard of, than fine. But if you mean someone like Beck or Whisenhunt or Roupp, no fucking way.

Lucky, Matos, + MAY be what the Sox WANT in return for Roberts. But no way should the Giants pay that. You pay that level of cost if the players you are giving up are still “prospects”, not basically already MLBers. And/or when you are already a solid team looking to get solider. Not a crap team looking to win headlines.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you see Bichette fitting on this team? Shortstop? 2nd base? Outfield?
If they got him, it would be for the everyday SS position.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if it was your package but Cal may have the better pulse. Maybe one of Matos and Luciano plus Roupp or Whisenhunt. Of course, you know my feelings about trading prospects but most have been falling flat lately. Not sure what to think about the prospects right now.
I wouldn't trade Whiz. Of everyone in the minors, he's the last guy I'd deal.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is under team control through ‘27 (15M in ‘25 with 20M TEAM options in both ‘26 and ‘27). He has been hurt most of this season, only playing in 11 games (though he is currently playing). He had a huge year in ‘23 (5.0 WAR, 38 HR, AS, 129 OPS+ in his age 25 season). While he hits lefties better (.952 OPS in 109 AB in ‘23), he isn’t bad against lefties (.834, 476). He won a GG in center his rookie year (‘20), but overall, his defensive metrics (which I don’t really trust, but I have nothing else to go on), say he is a pretty average defensive OFer.

Luciano has serious defensive questions surrounding him atm. But even at the MLB level, his bat is already ready (if still requiring some maturation). His MLB clock has not started yet, so he still has AT LEAST 6(??) seasons of team control remaining. This is only his age 22 season.

Pretty much ditto for Matos, although he has already demonstrated proficiency with his defense and the ability to improve it (he showed a huge improvement from last season to this season). While his potential is not that of Luciano, I suspect his FLOOR is a solid (if not AS) starting LFer on a good team.

If by “a pitching prospect”, you mean some SJ lottery ticket no one has ever heard of, than fine. But if you mean someone like Beck or Whisenhunt or Roupp, no fucking way.

Lucky, Matos, + MAY be what the Sox WANT in return for Roberts. But no way should the Giants pay that. You pay that level of cost if the players you are giving up are still “prospects”, not basically already MLBers. And/or when you are already a solid team looking to get solider. Not a crap team looking to win headlines.
Robert makes the team SIGNIFICANTLY "solider", it's not a headline move. It's not a big star it's a very promising young player that has hit at the ML level OPS+ 124 career. He'd immediately be our best hitter, him and Ramos (and maybe Wade). He's a proven very good player and on the way up, only issue is early injuries. It's not riskless, but it's exactly the kind of smart risk a non-monster team like ours has to try.

Don't need Matos bringing in Robert, so it's almost like a free chip we can offer, Matos wishes he ever gets to Robert's level. Luciano has warts. We got a lot of pitching prospects and always seem to know how to find and develop more. So give up a B/B+ level pitcher (at least...the market will demand)

The other point being, if we don't offer something like that for Robert, many others will. It's an extreme sellers market with 25 teams able to make a plausible case to themselves to be buyers. There will be strong offers for people like Robert and Bichette from a lot of teams. I want to be a winner on this guy or someone of this caliber. No more middle infielder AAAA FZ specials.